Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How come no one is mentioning Krakoan money

Maybe it's the wine, but it's been mentioned several times Krakoa grows money. What kind of money? Is there a potential that it will ruin the economy of other nations? Does Krakoa have their own currency that mutants can use when they go into the outside world or is it printing u.s dollars that could potentially make an economy unstable? This has been in the back of my mind for quite some time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

i dont think krakoa literally grows money. it grows plants with medicinal properties that can be sold , but there arent any bills physically dropping off branches lol. that would give rake it up a whole new meaning... k im done

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Krakoa Jr from Wolverine and the X-Men literally grew gems.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    i dont think krakoa literally grows money. it grows plants with medicinal properties that can be sold , but there arent any bills physically dropping off branches lol. that would give rake it up a whole new meaning... k im done
    Yup, this is what I took that to mean.

Krakoa grows diamonds in WATXM

i truly dont believe that Hickman was making an obscure Jason Aaron reference but i guess you never know with him

BANNED

Do they even need internal currency? There is no personal property in Krakoa, since Krakoa owns itself. Seems like everyone’s needs are just met because leadership understands that when you have the resources to meet all your people’s needs you do exactly that.

Maybe there’s a central fund for external excursions? And others for conducting the business of the government?

Maybe the "money" are the leaves on the trees? There for the pickin'?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Krakoa grows diamonds in WATXM
    Isn't Emma's whole palace, at least the outside made out diamond? or is it some other stone?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I was under the impression it was Kid Krakoa that did the stupid Diamond stuff in Aaron's joke book. This island is the original Krakoa.

While I hope this doesn't get developed on page (that would be really boring to all except for the economists and accountants in the audience) I do hope they at least briefly mention Krakoan economics, currency, etc. in the future.

I remember them saying there wasn't going to be any real estate property (as Krakoa is a living animistic entity) but that doesn't mean that there doesn't need to be an economy to manage basic exchanges in Krakoa for things that aren't an extension of Krakoa's sentience, services provided by Krakoan citizens, etc.

Or, if Hickman and Co. do make distinctions like that it would be cool to see what is handled in a new and strange way and what falls under more common concepts of economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    While I hope this doesn't get developed on page (that would be really boring to all except for the economists and accountants in the audience) I do hope they at least briefly mention Krakoan economics, currency, etc. in the future.

I remember them saying there wasn't going to be any real estate property (as Krakoa is a living animistic entity) but that doesn't mean that there doesn't need to be an economy to manage basic exchanges in Krakoa for things that aren't an extension of Krakoa's sentience, services provided by Krakoan citizens, etc.

Or, if Hickman and Co. do make distinctions like that it would be cool to see what is handled in a new and strange way and what falls under more common concepts of economics.
    I actually with all of this. Another reason we need a council book.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

They’re communists.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They’re communists.
    Which, outside of a Platonic ideal, still needs an economy and currency.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Which, outside of a Platonic ideal, still needs an economy and currency.
    Do they need a currency, though? Krakoa seems to just provide for all their basic needs, and their mutations largely account for the rest. They may just have a bartering system, starting with their agreement with Krakoa.