Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    In movies, comics, there is a "dialogue" between the author and the reader/viewer. The reader expects some things to happen and the author either gives them or denies them. Hickcock was very good with that. But to do that, you must guide your reader and lead him/her to the places you prepare for him/her.
    The fact there is so much divergence between the readers means Hickman haven't completely succeed in doing what he wanted: either it's a cult or it is not. He must have decided previously… and set up things accordingly.
    My thinking is he wants the divided fandom to be heavily invested in both possibilities, then you get the reveal. This generates MAXIMUM controversy and anger the whole way, which seems to be the most important thing for a story for Marvel, and has been for years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    My thinking is he wants the divided fandom to be heavily invested in both possibilities, then you get the reveal. This generates MAXIMUM controversy and anger the whole way, which seems to be the most important thing for a story for Marvel, and has been for years.

That doesn't really take into consideration piracy, though. Sometimes you get the kinds of fans who want to see what's happening but don't want to fork out the extra couple of quid for it (which, if you've got big pull lists already...ehh, controversial.) A trend that still continues through apathetic fans who have seen what's going on but still choose to pirate because they don't necessarily want Marvel to get their money for the direction.

It's an...iffy one...

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    When mutants are being forced to live in Krakoa and have children against their will or be forced to believe in a God or person without question or when Krakoa's laws say that mutants must kill humans I will start to worry .

Until then the party continues.

Man some people just can't see minorities being happy .

It is as if they are saying that mutants cannot have a culture or beliefs or cannot be happy without the help of humans who have hunted and killed them for years.

Personally I see no difference from Krakoa's beliefs to Catholics or any other religion in the world. But hey they are mutants how dare they have different beliefs than humans ?
    Some could even say fandom in of itself is a bit cultish definitely more so than the X-Men from what I have seen
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Some could even say fandom in of itself is a bit cultish definitely more so than the X-Men from what I have seen
    WE are the true "Cultists".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    That doesn't really take into consideration piracy, though. Sometimes you get the kinds of fans who want to see what's happening but don't want to fork out the extra couple of quid for it (which, if you've got big pull lists already...ehh, controversial.) A trend that still continues through apathetic fans who have seen what's going on but still choose to pirate because they don't necessarily want Marvel to get their money for the direction.

It's an...iffy one...
    Personally, as a reader for 30+years I am never "outraged" by what's in my comics. (if I was...I would think there is something seriously wrong with my mental and emotional state)
    More specifically, I'm either interested/entertained or not interested/apathetic.
    And if I feel the latter then I just don't buy, regardless of what anyone says.
    I do realise though, I may be one of a small subset of comic book readers/collectors.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-09-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

'Controversy sells' makes sense. Heroes in Crisis sold really well despite being utterly reviled and getting savaged by reviewers. But I also see a LOT of people say in response to those stories 'just pirate it'. Soooooooooooooo......yeah

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    'Controversy sells' makes sense. Heroes in Crisis sold really well despite being utterly reviled and getting savaged by reviewers. But I also see a LOT of people say in response to those stories 'just pirate it'. Soooooooooooooo......yeah
    it didn't sold more than doomsday clock or Metal, it did the usual numbers for events people don't care much

I wouldn't say controversy sells, at least not on the big run

It's an...iffy one...
    Just remember Austen that got booted from comics after massive fan reaction.

Controversy is good to keep the name on peoples mouths, but sometimes it can be too much
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-09-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Mighty Member

Plus they just ended Uncanny with the revelation that Emma Frost was mind controlling half the X-men into taking out her enemies for her, while X-man had them all in a fantasy based around psuedo religious worship of himself and mutantkind. Its kind of odd they'd be so gung-ho about this so quickly.
    Do you think the House of X/Powers of X stuff might be another of X-Man's reality warping shenanigans at work here?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Do you think the House of X/Powers of X stuff might be another of X-Man's reality warping shenanigans at work here?
    no

10000char
    "Cable was right!"

UGH!
    Please don't add kerosene into the conspiracy mania dumpster fire...the boards are already rife with too many doom-and-gloom threads as it is.

I think that would only be the case via retcon if this relaunch royally tanks, which is very very unlikely. Hickman has stated he has a 'back door' built into the premise if that's the case, which is likely Moira's 11th life. But again, the relaunch has been financially successful, so its extremely unlikely.

It's an...iffy one...
    I think the mystery elements are keeping many people invested to a degree they otherwise wouldn't be, in an event where those same people are not liking the depiction of characters or the overall story. I see a lot of those fans talking of turning to piracy, many of them fans who normally would not engage in it. I'll be curios to see where the sales are in a few months with a lot of those fans either turning to pirating or just rejecting the event/direction entirely.

BANNED

I think that would only be the case via retcon if this relaunch royally tanks, which is very very unlikely. Hickman has stated he has a 'back door' built into the premise if that's the case, which is likely Moira's 11th life. But again, the relaunch has been financially successful, so its extremely unlikely.
    Is it? I mean the sales are good but many people thought that this was going to be a massive hit and the sales are pretty normal for a relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    WE are the true "Cultists".
    that's kind of true

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Is it? I mean the sales are good but many people thought that this was going to be a massive hit and the sales are pretty normal for a relaunch.
    And there you go. Sales are "normal", not "horrible" or even "bad".