Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    104 degree fever?

Seriously?

Okay, I think people are remembering their childhood, where 104 fevers are something you can kind of sit and home and watch TV through. Kids bodies are more resilient; they handle fevers far, far better than adults do. I've had a 103-104 fever as an adult; it came with pneumonia.

It makes you lie in bed and want to die.

I'm the first guy around here to say when I figure someone is too much for me, and in any other situation barring him being chained down, I'd be up crap creek here. But with Silva running a 104 fever? Yeah, he's crippled - that's the edge of 'High-grade fever' and crawling into 'call the hospital, this is acutely dangerous' territory. I actually stand a chance.
    Don't forget the lego!!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Granted, Anderson Silva might say '104? no biggie', but I'm going by my own experience and what actual medical information says about 104 fevers. Again, it's crawling into 'Get this man to a hospital NOW!' territory.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    104 degree fever?

Seriously?

Okay, I think people are remembering their childhood, where 104 fevers are something you can kind of sit and home and watch TV through. Kids bodies are more resilient; they handle fevers far, far better than adults do. I've had a 103-104 fever as an adult; it came with pneumonia.

It makes you lie in bed and want to die.

I'm the first guy around here to say when I figure someone is too much for me, and in any other situation barring him being chained down, I'd be up crap creek here. But with Silva running a 104 fever? Yeah, he's crippled - that's the edge of 'High-grade fever' and crawling into 'call the hospital, this is acutely dangerous' territory. I actually stand a chance.
    This is definitely true, by the way. 40 degree fevers for adults are "get to the ER" bad. Whereas my daughter could run around like a fool with a 41.5 degree fever as a kid, and you'd never know she was sick unless you touched her and felt it, or spontaneously combusted. I had a 41 degree fever (so over 105F) due to a really bad sinus infection, and I lay in bed hallucinating for 24 hours until antibiotics kicked in.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I need some clarification. Is Lego in the arena ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I need some clarification. Is Lego in the arena ?
    Just one sharp piece that he steps on 3 seconds before you appear on the opposite side of the Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Just one sharp piece that he steps on 3 seconds before you appear on the opposite side of the Arena.
    So you're telling me this is an intentional stop. Cuz with a Lego shiv, not even the Gods can stop me.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

If he's that sick? Maybe. I'm not a good H2H fighter at all. I would definitely hurt him. If I can hit him and not get knocked out in the process.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Too many people say they have "the flu" when they've actually just got a severe case of the common cold.

Actual flu is sometimes so bad that those people would barely be able to SAY "I've got the flu" if they really had it.

Even in the "mildest" cases of the actual flu, victims are genuinely bed bound.

So, if we're talking ACTUAL flu, I genuinely don't think there's a human being on Earth I couldn't take in a physical fight - and that's NOT me saying "I'm a great fighter!" That's me saying "the flu is literally something that renders you UNABLE TO MOVE".

Silva goes down by virtue of the fact that he'd be on the floor, unable to defend himself while I volleyed his head with my foot until *I* was exhausted.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

KJS pretty much nails it, here.

Silva is in good enough shape to probably stagger around, and if he gets his hands on someone with zero fight experience he should laboriously sub them, but really, it’s everyone else’s fight to lose.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

"Surrender immediately and I'll authorize a match between Apollo, God of Healing, and your flu right after this one."
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member