Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm really looking forward to seeing Shang-Chi and how they'll introduce the real Mandarin to the MCU and curious to see how it will connect to the MCU elements we've seen before and how it may lay the groundwork for its future.

Since the upcoming "Suicide Squad" film is the only DC property that I am more than lukewarm on, it's going to be Marvel easily.

While the film I just mentioned and the upcoming "Batman" film have their possibilities, Marvel is about to hit a pretty interesting section of it's overall bench.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I honestly can't answer this really.

With Marvel there's a bit of an 'after the Lord Mayor's show' vibe that I have and can't really shake off. I'm certainly looking forward to Black Widow but, not being a Marvel Comics fan as such, I'm unfamiliar with both Shang Chi and The Eternals and that affects my expectations. We'll just have to see.

With DC there is of course WW84 which I am obviously very up for. I'm indifferent about Birds Of Prey though. The Birds themselves look like watered down versions of their comic-book equivalents, especially Cassandra Cain. There is nothing about this generic 'street kid on the run' character that puts me in mind of the awesome Cassandra from the comics. It's like they just slapped her name on a brand new character. I do like Margot Robbie but am another that is indifferent about Harley Quinn overall. So, meh.

It's about equal I suppose.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 12-09-2019 at 05:16 AM.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

WW84, Aquaman 2, and The Batman trump everything for me. I'm real excited. Hopefully Shazam 2 gets off the ground before Billy, Freddy, and co are too old.

Honestly, after that WW trailer dropped yesterday...how can I be excited for anything else??
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-09-2019 at 05:24 AM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Dr. Doom would be a good film and would help revive the fantastic 4 as they have had trouble garnering interest from the general audience.
    I think a large part of that was in the way they were brought to the big screen though. Both Fox versions of the F4 were pretty flawed and didn't remotely do the characters justice (Sorry Jessica Alba, I still love you ).

F4 done properly would certainly excite people in a way that previous iterations generally haven't. If this gets officially announced then my interest in the Marvel side of movies will certainly pick up. If anyone can bring these characters to life properly then it's Marvel Studios surely.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I think a large part of that was in the way they were brought to the big screen though. Both Fox versions of the F4 were pretty flawed and didn't remotely do the characters justice (Sorry Jessica Alba, I still love you ).

F4 done properly would certainly excite people in a way that previous iterations generally haven't. If this gets officially announced then my interest in the Marvel side of movies will certainly pick up. If anyone can bring these characters to life properly then it's Marvel Studios surely.
    A great Fantastic 4 film is basically a more adult oriented take of Pixar's The Incredibles. I never got where they got the dark idea for the 2015 film, Fox was convincing it with Days of Future Past that came out a year earlier, they even marketed the movie as ''from the producers of days of future past''. its just so silly. Fantastic 4 are not X-men, they are not Avengers and neither is Avengers X-Men. All 3 marvel teams play very different roles in marvel comics and have little concept similarities.

WW84 is the only thing from DC I’m excited for, so...yeah.

I’ll probably see everything in theater except for Birds of Prey (I’d rather entertain myself with a bottle of vodka).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

A F4 film would get me excited for a Marvel flick again, but I'd really like to see one that's more of an adventure flick than a generic 3 act superhero story.

Luke Cage or Daredevil would be rad, too.

Incredible Member

I also am curious to see how marvel does with their TV shows. Fantastic 4 is a diverse property where I could see a tv series doing well for it and tbh would probably be a better avenue for it right now.

I think some characters do better as movies, some as tv series, and some can do both just fine. I saw Ms. Marvel is going to be a tv series but I think it's more of a movie property and is one of the stronger female characters that Marvel has.

I think I have for more trust for Marvel and am really onboard with the new Spider-Man stuff. However, outside of Black Widow and Thor, there isn't a lot else announced that I'm eager eager for.

Can't wait for Wonder Woman and am curious about Birds of Prey. Would like a Green Lantern movie with Jessica Cruz, but not sure that'll happen.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

After Endgame, I gotta say the MCU doesn't hold as much interest for me anymore. What I'm most excited for is Wonder Woman 1984, The Batman, and the Spider-Verse sequel. I'll still check out the MCU movies, but none of what they've announced is exciting in any way for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think I have for more trust for Marvel and am really onboard with the new Spider-Man stuff. However, outside of Black Widow and Thor, there isn't a lot else announced that I'm eager eager for.

Can't wait for Wonder Woman and am curious about Birds of Prey. Would like a Green Lantern movie with Jessica Cruz, but not sure that'll happen.
    The new Spiderman is decent not better than Raimi's but not bad. I'm excited to see what Sony does with Spider verse (best superhero film in the past year imo) but that has little to no involvement from Marvel Entertainment to my understanding.

I like DC slate as they seem to be balancing their dark tone with humor. Not cheesy light hearted humor but dark humor that fits the tone and compliments the film as a whole. The locked door scene in Joker comes to mind and looking at BOP it seems to be aiming for the same.

Give us Jessica Cruz!
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 12-11-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Not really into the Marvel movies so DC by default.

I'm looking forward to WW84 and Batman and future DC movies...

But Thor 4, Guardians 3, Black Panther 2, Shang Chi, Doctor Strange 2, Blade... and that's not even including the Fantastic Four and X-Men which are back with Marvel Studios.
    Marvel rather easily for me