Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Yeah as an example of travel speed that is pretty decent. It does leave a margin of error for Hulk to hit Steeel though. So the best option would be for Plas to blind and entangle Hulk to give Steel the opening for a ring out. Seems like it should work at least some of the time.

Steel can't willingly leave the Arena without self DQ, so dragging the guy into space is out. Have to toss/hit him that far.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Steel can't willingly leave the Arena without self DQ, so dragging the guy into space is out. Have to toss/hit him that far.
    Can't he disqualify himself but still leave his teammates in the arena? Or does that DQ the whole team?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Can't he disqualify himself but still leave his teammates in the arena? Or does that DQ the whole team?
    Huh. I dunno?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Actually, not sure it matters. You have a pretty limited flight space around/above the Arena before a DQ. Like a kilometer or less. So he grabs Hulk, flies maybe that far and is done. It's not like he's allowed to travel the next dozen kilometers after the DQ.
    - big_adventure

Interesting point. The rules of what you can do once you're out of the arena have always felt a little wonky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Interesting point. The rules of what you can do once you're out of the arena have always felt a little wonky to me.
    The whole dang forum is wonky :P
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    He does have some good reaction feats, but why would he need that? He just needs to bull rush every time

Multiple fast characters no doubt. Hulk not being one of them. Antarctic to India in what appears to be seconds is pretty fast no matter how you look at it

Batman is being ferried around by Kyle
    He's also following what's going on, and doesn't even have a windscreen on his sidecar.

Also, what persuades you that it's in seconds? There is no timescale given. We just know that they fly there.

Anyway, does Steel have anything like the reaction speed feats to let him get to Hulk before the Hulk can do anything at all? I don't think so, buuuuuuut I'm open to be shown the error of my ways.

As far as Plas somehow blinding Hulk, Plas has to cross 100 feet to get to Hulk. Hulk just need to clap his hands to flatten Plas against the wall. He can seriously just start clapping his hands and walking towards the wall where the Junior League is pinned from the continued applause. He can then kill anyone tough enough to survive the... heh... clap. Plas won't die, but he can't win by himself, either.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He's also following what's going on, and doesn't even have a windscreen on his sidecar.
    ...because that's the most unbelievable thing Batman's done
    If we are nitpicking we dont see him travel, maybe Kyle made the whole car shield and all, then removed it for a closer view when they reached the ground. The fighting happening at normal speed probably, only the fighters punching each other around the globe

Also, what persuades you that it's in seconds? There is no timescale given. We just know that they fly there.
    ....this is obvious from the sequence of panels, and also the part where they barely exchanged a sentence each before superman punched him (and the others caught up)

Anyway, does Steel have anything like the reaction speed feats to let him get to Hulk before the Hulk can do anything at all? I don't think so, buuuuuuut I'm open to be shown the error of my ways.
    He doesn't need to. All he needs is "covers intercontinental distances in the space of a couple of sentences" to bull rush Hulk faster than he can react

As far as Plas somehow blinding Hulk, Plas has to cross 100 feet to get to Hulk. Hulk just need to clap his hands to flatten Plas against the wall. He can seriously just start clapping his hands and walking towards the wall where the Junior League is pinned from the continued applause. He can then kill anyone tough enough to survive the... heh... clap. Plas won't die, but he can't win by himself, either.
    Steel (and Fire) can just fly out of range, use the range game and allow plas to get close (or drop plas on hulk)

Maybe after Batman covers the arena with smoke

Again, I'm not sure a Steel bull rush is all that viable due to DQ problems.
    - big_adventure

Without BFR, hard to see team winning....and I don't think Steel can space toss.

Maybe batman can try hypnotizing Hulk, like he did with General Eilling

Without BFR, hard to see team winning....and I don't think Steel can space toss.

In character maybe, but I'm not seeing that working in the arena.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

This really should end the thread. The JLA can't blitz Hulk and have no defense against this scenario.

*snaps fingers* I've got it. Sling shot.

Steel and Cyborg load Hulk into a PM slingshot. They are both around Class 50 and 50 + 50 = 100 so they are Class 100 and therefore can launch him into orbit.

- big_adventure

What is with the threads rigged against DC? I mean really, Plastic Man is suppose to make this fair versus the HULK?