Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    What is with the threads rigged against DC? I mean really, Plastic Man is suppose to make this fair versus the HULK?
    I don't hold any sort of bias like you seem to be implying. I don't WANT any team to lose. I thought it would be a fun fight.

If you've been paying attention to the responses, there is totally some wiggle room for how powerful you might believe Plastic Man was by the end of his League run. He is considerably more potent then other heroes with his power set.

I resent the implication of "rigging" my threads.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I don't hold any sort of bias like you seem to be implying. I don't WANT any team to lose. I thought it would be a fun fight.

If you've been paying attention to the responses, there is totally some wiggle room for how powerful you might believe Plastic Man was by the end of his League run. He is considerably more potent then other heroes with his power set.

I resent the implication of "rigging" my threads.
    I believe in you Arby. I'll even buy you a Grand Slam, just to change things up.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    What is with the threads rigged against DC? I mean really, Plastic Man is suppose to make this fair versus the HULK?
    I don't think this is rigged at all: it was an attempt to mix and match two sides - numbers and multiple abilities versus pure ANGRY RAAAAAAGE. I don't think that team DC really has much of a shot, as presented above, Hulk has a pretty simple option that team DC just can't do a damn thing about, but I don't see anything that makes this intentional.

At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us. Some aren't going to work out. It's not bias though.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Again, I'm not sure a Steel bull rush is all that viable due to DQ problems.
    I don't think DQ is a problem if the rest of the combatants are still there. Steel would be DQ'd and unable to continue but his teammates are still in the Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't think this is rigged at all: it was an attempt to mix and match two sides - numbers and multiple abilities versus pure ANGRY RAAAAAAGE. I don't think that team DC really has much of a shot, as presented above, Hulk has a pretty simple option that team DC just can't do a damn thing about, but I don't see anything that makes this intentional.

At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us. Some aren't going to work out. It's not bias though.
    ^^^

Agreed. Arby's proposed battles are pretty thought provoking. Like this one. I think Plas' combination of strength and versatility is the X factor.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I don't think that Steel auto DQ is a problem for the DC team, I just don't think it's a viable strategy, because Steel can't spacetoss, so he'd have to keep hitting Hulk after he was DQ'd, and THAT's not allowed. If not, Hulk can just walk back. Ring out has always worked that way: if the combattant can come back under their own power, they don't lose.

Can't Plas suffocate Hulk by sticking to his head? If Hulk tries to grab him he just shift his body to keep himself implanted on Hulk's face?!

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Can't Plas suffocate Hulk by sticking to his head? If Hulk tries to grab him he just shift his body to keep himself implanted on Hulk's face?!
    Hulk has livd stuck in spac for xtndd priods bfor. I don't think that Plas will manag that in any way, whn Hulk can just thundrclap, which should blow Plas off just fin.

My son spilld a glass of watr on my laptop and now it is mission a ky. Can you guss which on?

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Hulk has livd stuck in spac for xtndd priods bfor. I don't think that Plas will manag that in any way, whn Hulk can just thundrclap, which should blow Plas off just fin.

My son spilld a glass of watr on my laptop and now it is mission a ky. Can you guss which on?
    I know the feeling. My daughter smashed the "s" and "alt" keys on my laptop as well.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Plastic Man is a lot more powerful than Reed though. Stomping on him won't do anything other than him crawling all over your leg.

Plastic Man is a lot more powerful than Reed though. Stomping on him won't do anything other than him crawling all over your leg.
    I guess it could be an eternal stalemate as Eel can't be killed and is immortal. Does Hulk age? This could be a trial of attrition.

EDIT: Whoops, meant to edit my own post.

Annd I'm psychic. Took longer than I thought though!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Annd I'm psychic. Took longer than I thought though!
    Almost word for word you predicted this turn of events.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Can it be? Was that one barely literate troll from several board crashes ago right? Do I have mafia mind control powers?