Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana and Armor

Default Diana and Armor

When should she need it and why?

Also, should her usual outfit count as armor?

It's due to the armor she grew up in. She does it when things get serious. So she doesn't need to wear it often.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    When should she need it and why?

Also, should her usual outfit count as armor?
    Considering how fallible her bullet deflection has been written by various creators (she almost dies from a ricochet in JL, for example) while Batman and Aquaman are bulletproof, I think it's time she got armor at least as good as Batman's, if not better.

Either that or she needs to be written as better/faster/tougher.

Which she should be. It's strange how much they say she has a faster reaction than Superman yet never does anything. I do think she should be bulletproof. Bullets can pass her but she won't die due to her healing. It still hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Which she should be. It's strange how much they say she has a faster reaction than Superman yet never does anything. I do think she should be bulletproof. Bullets can pass her but she won't die due to her healing. It still hurts.
    What about weapons like nukes?

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

To be fair, that's only been stated once. For the most part, Superman is stronger, faster, smarter, better than Wonder Woman in every conceivable way. Sometimes, even his eyes are bluer than hers

What about nukes? DIana has been able to survive nukes and bombs before. She can heal herself completely. I mean how smarter should Clark be to Diana? I mean as wisdom as Atehna should me something. Than again They both should be smarter than each other in different ways.

What about nukes? DIana has been able to survive nukes and bombs before. She can heal herself completely. I mean how smarter should Clark be to Diana? I mean as wisdom as Atehna should me something. Than again They both should be smarter than each other in different ways.
    I meant if she was immune to nukes, she should be immune to bullets.

And if the answer is that she has a Wolverine level healing factor, then that's not all that different from being invulnerable.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 12-08-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Because much like Wolverine they still hurt and plus it's in her nature. Logan can still be harmed by bullets. He can still have his head cut off. She was raised where you take no risk. Plus if they still can go through her they can still harm people in the view. Diana was raised to defend herself. At this point, it's just a reaction for her. Plus she can use the bullets as long range attacks against them. Bullets and Braclets are still a big part of the lore.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-08-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like armor coz they're cool and if she's not bulletproof then I prefer her in armor... although that might be counterintuitive for her peaceful image so maybe not, maybe it is better to use armor for enemies she can't make peace or subdue.

Her armor is only for the worst situations

Since Perez she's referred to her regular costume as her armor even back when it was clearly fabric. Now it's truly armor, at least the bodice part is because it snaps on and stands up by itself. The boots appear to be metal too with shin and knee guards. So for special occasions or when things get thick additions are unnecessary beyond her cape, shoulder guards and helmet. That's when more is more and for aesthetic purposes to present a certain look. Not because it's truly needed, as stated before she's extremely durable and has a healing factor.

However if she ever wants to go the extra mile the gold armor is undoubtedly full coverage and awesome.

Yea it’s more because of how she is raised will she wear her Amazonian armor. However, the bulletproof thing does need to be default with. It’s easy if she can be hit but doesn’t die due to her healing.

I'm just saying Wolverine and other healing factors don't bother blocking bullets or wearing armor because they don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    To be fair, that's only been stated once. For the most part, Superman is stronger, faster, smarter, better than Wonder Woman in every conceivable way. Sometimes, even his eyes are bluer than hers
    I don't think that's completely accurate based on, among other things, Marston's explicit statement that Wonder Woman was created to be the female Superman. It's the other men in DC's publication history that have ignored this and made Wonder Woman as less than Kal. See the quote below from a New Yorker article at https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...2/last-amazon:

"'Do you think these fantastic comics are good reading for children?' she asked.

Mostly, yes, Marston said. They are pure wish fulfillment: 'And the two wishes behind Superman are certainly the soundest of all; they are, in fact, our national aspirations of the moment—to develop unbeatable national might, and to use this great power, when we get it, to protect innocent, peace-loving people from destructive, ruthless evil.'

Gaines decided to hire Marston as a consultant. Marston convinced Gaines that what he needed, to counter the critics, was a female superhero."