Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Amazon movie

  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,654

    Default Amazon movie

    So it's confirmed an Amazon movie will happen with Patty Jenkins as l executive producer

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    224

    Default

    That would be a perfect opportunity to introduce Donna Troy as a kind of reverse of the first WW movie, instead of an Amazon adapting to the Man's World we have a human girl adapting to the Amazon society. And have either Circe or Queen Clea as the villain.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,394

    Default

    I'm not at that point yet where I'm interested in the rest of the Amazons but if it got Donna Troy and/or Artemis I'm in

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    That would be a perfect opportunity to introduce Donna Troy as a kind of reverse of the first WW movie, instead of an Amazon adapting to the Man's World we have a human girl adapting to the Amazon society. And have either Circe or Queen Clea as the villain.
    I would love to see Donna on the big screen!

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,654

    Default

    It depends. We know that the amazons did appear in JL. So this could mean they have some connections.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    I'd LOVE an Amazon film but not one directed by Patty Jenkins. I don't care for how she shoots action scenes but WW84 might change my mind. The Amazons from Justice League were far more impressive. She'd make a good Executive Producer though.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Source for confirmation?

    Because all I've heard in interviews is that Patty Jenkins has a firm idea for an Amazon movie, and wants to do it. But from there to actual execution is a long long way.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Get Ang Lee and his fight director from Crouching Tiger to do this movie, and make the amazons formidable characters even in the modern world, ancient yet deadly.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Get Ang Lee and his fight director from Crouching Tiger to do this movie, and make the amazons formidable characters even in the modern world, ancient yet deadly.
    Sort of a...Crouching Donna, Hidden Titan?

  10. #10
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,048

    Default

    While the prospect of an Amazon movie is tempting, I wonder if it would be too much of a good thing. The Amazons in WONDER WOMAN were one of the highlights of that movie and I'm hyped to see them again in WONDER WOMAN 1984 and more WW movies after that. But if we get all the Amazon content in one movie of their own, does the hype for their appearance in WW movies go away?

    With the Trench, that's not vital to the Aquaman story--so there can be a movie about that without taking away from Aquaman. I don't think the same can be said for Amazons--they need to be special and in limited supply if WB wants to use them as the secret sauce in every Wonder Woman movie going forward.
    "We will meet again."

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    While the prospect of an Amazon movie is tempting, I wonder if it would be too much of a good thing. The Amazons in WONDER WOMAN were one of the highlights of that movie and I'm hyped to see them again in WONDER WOMAN 1984 and more WW movies after that. But if we get all the Amazon content in one movie of their own, does the hype for their appearance in WW movies go away?
    The hype will go away if the movie is bad. It's like wondering if one good Wonder Woman movie will lower enthusiasm for a second one. If people like what they see of the Amazons in a movie dedicated to them, they will be fine with seeing more of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •