Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    No, and frankly I hope they keep it that way as long as possible. Though...the toys are typically released a few weeks to a whole month early so they may spoil it that way.
    Hopefully she looks better than the Cats movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

There's merchandise of Kristen Wiig in Cheetah print clothing, but a reliable source said she'll have a design more like Post-Crisis Cheetah (naked Cheetah woman with red hair).

I expect they're holding off on showing it until they can really get the effects to look good.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Which means it will probably look the same...gawd....

Incredible Member

so she's the first dc superhero , active since ww ii so how is it that both bats n supes don't recognise her when she appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    so she's the first dc superhero , active since ww ii so how is it that both bats n supes don't recognise her when she appeared.
    It sounds like she was pretty good at staying hidden.

Also, DC could just ignore everything.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    The movie is about Diana stopping Maxwell Lord from granting everyone's wishes (including her own) which somehow makes him powerful. That screams big giant reset button when she finally defeats him to me.

On the other hand, if she defeats him and nothing goes back to the way it was/everyone at least remembers what happened...this is a big neon sign that the Snyderverse is over and each movie going forward (Wonder Woman 3, Aquaman 2, Black Adam, etc) will have a similar clue that the Snyderverse is done.

Which would be awkward since both Snyder and his wife are producing WW84, but I'm guessing those titles are ceremonial more than anything.

Retired

I would hope that Wonder Woman is at least semi-known by this time. Because, even if her coming out is back-dated to 1984, that would still mean she was unknown between 1917 and 1983. I'd like them to have a free pass to do more WW movies (and flashbacks) set in those previous decades.

I really don't get why ignoring a small part of Snyder's production is really that big of a deal. Sequels all the time paper over bits from the previous movies, with the total approval of the writer-producers. The first time out with a character, they can't predict what direction they are going to go in and they should have the right to make corrections without lighting their hair on fire.

DC is the one being non-committal here. And I don't know why. If Snyder's vision is dead, then treat it as such moving forward. Making these movies adhere to a deleted timeline is weird to me.

But again, I think the test will be how WW84 ends.

Retired

I wonder if "Blue Monday" by New Order will be heavily featured in the movie soundtrack or if it's just in the trailer because it's a cool '80s hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The trailer was okay. A lot more promising than Birds of Prey

I am confused about the tone, did not like the song they chose. Gal is beautiful and amazing to watch. I hope this is not the final CGI of the film. it may need more polishing. the cinematography also seems uneven but for the most part good. I am liking the White House scene with Diana, it reminds of Nightwalker from X2.

Overall this looks promising, Patty Jenkins knows what she is doing as a very director driven person.
    Certainly looks a lot better than the Captain Marvel trailers.

Apparently not much CGI was used in the movie. A lot is practical effects. Though the lightning swing was most likely CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Wait...so...Diana can web swing on lightning bolts now?
    Batman and Spider-Man swing from buildings. Tarzan swings from trees. Wonder Woman swings from lightning bolts. Tell me who is the coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I really doubt that the movie isn't finished yet. They might not have decided on a final cut, but the post-production must all be done by now, because they have had a very long time to get it done--and according to Patty Jenkins there isn't a lot of CGI, it's mostly practical. Cheetah seems to be a combination of practical and computer effects. The reason they are probably not revealing that is because they want you to see the movie. What's the point of showing all the cool stuff in the trailer? It just gives people a reason not to bother with going to see it in the theatre.

The armour looks better to me than what we often see in the comics. It has a certain Big Barda vibe to it. I'd get rid of the wings. Why? Just why would she need wings on her armour--that's not practical. It just seems decorative.
    Like everyone wants to know right now how Steve Trevor is back. Here is an idea. Watch the movie and find out.

Apparently Wonder Woman uses the wings to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    It seems like it could be interesting. The "Blue Monday" remix was pretty damned good and the general style looks pretty nice.

Also, and I've gotta be honest, I'm still kind of amazed at how quickly Max Lord became a major WW villain.
    He was a Supergirl villain in the first season of the Supergirl TV series. I wonder how this Max Lord will compare to the Supergirl version.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I want a cat that looks like the little orange cat. I would stoke her fur all day long. (That sounds sort of pervy, sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wonder if "Blue Monday" by New Order will be heavily featured in the movie soundtrack or if it's just in the trailer because it's a cool '80s hit.
    DC (and WB) seems to have gone a slightly different route with music than Marvel (with GotG as perhaps the seminal example). With music by Hans Zimmer I expect a largely classical orchestral movie score. What 80s music we get (like "Blue Monday", I expect will be mainly diegetic, similar to the way it was used in the first Wonder Woman movie (like "Tipperary" being sung by the railway station by the soldiers).

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Certainly looks a lot better than the Captain Marvel trailers.

Apparently not much CGI was used in the movie. A lot is practical effects. Though the lightning swing was most likely CGI.
    I was really impressed by the truck flying through the air. It was like Patty Jenkins had seen "Mad Max: Fury Road" and told George Miller "hold my beer". And the kinetics were done a lot better than in say the first movie (the fight in the square of Veld was really bad from a kinetic perspective, with Diana bouncing around like in a fighting game).

For the lightning swings, I imagine the swings themselves were done mainly with wires for Gal Gadot (or a stunt double), but with lots of CGI for the lasso and lightning. The swings felt like they had weight.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Regarding Cheetah's appearance, I really hope they do no more than tease through the promotion. I'd much rather wait to see her final design in the actual movie and be surprised for once.

Patty Jenkins said during her panel at CCXP that they did a mixture of practical and CGI effects for Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Regarding Cheetah's appearance, I really hope they do no more than tease through the promotion. I'd much rather wait to see her final design in the actual movie and be surprised for once.

Patty Jenkins said during her panel at CCXP that they did a mixture of practical and CGI effects for Cheetah.
    She recently said they have a trailer coming in 2020 that shows her from behind her head and that's it.

You might be right!

the reaction to cheetah could increase toxic angry-fandom against the film, similar to Sonic the Hedgehog. hmm.. I hope these 'fans' don't derail the box office by the time the film comes.

Retired

I predict that CATS and SONIC will make so much money that movie producers will rethink the graphics in their movies. Soon every actor will have to be a mo-capped human-cat or human-hedgehog hybrid, if a movie hopes to make any money at the box office. The werebeast renaissance is upon us.