Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The armour looks better to me than what we often see in the comics. It has a certain Big Barda vibe to it. I'd get rid of the wings.
    They listened to you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    so what does this mean? does it mean that if people try to engage your ideas about the film with arguments and references to the actual narrative of the film that you're going to ignore them? if these arguments don't support your line of reasoning and interpretation of the first WW film then they're not having the same 'conversation'?

this makes it look as though you are incapable of, or unwilling to, dispute ANY of the perfectly valid counter-arguments that have been made by SiegePerilous02's and others.

look, you're entitled to your opinion about the film. but when you respond to lengthy arguments from other people that actually reference the film and then say "I'm just talking about how she was presented"... it looks like your copping out. it looks like you can't even be bothered to actually defend your declared position.

so the first Wonder Woman film wasn't as confrontational or as revolutionary as you felt it should be.... big deal? I don't see why a superhero(ine) period piece would NEED to confront the present day 'patriarchy'. but, if you feel that's necessary then you can always go out and watch other movies instead. maybe you would like "Mad Max: Fury Road" or "Terminator: Dark Fate" instead? or perhaps you'd prefer the pseudo-historical speculations of "Agora" or "the Favorite"? (Hollywood is typically very, VERY bad with history!)

it just seems like you're setting up an ideological strawman by which to judge the Wonder Woman film. and you're judging it unfairly by standards that it never intended to live up to in the first place. it's like people ridiculing James Cameron's "Aliens" as being a right-wing patriarchal response to the subtle feminist and sexual themes of Ridley Scott's "Alien". true story: people have declared that "Aliens" was the reaction of angry right-wing man children to the threat presented to them by "Alien". even though Cameron has been vegan for ages now... and would fit neatly into the typical Hollywood liberal puzzle.
    Wonder Woman's an inherently Feminist, anti-Patriarchal character. Being against Ares, and the scenes where she is angry about the old generals in Britain? Very political and in character. Her relationship with Steve is also a struggle between two cultures and how men and women view each there. Unlike the rest he listened and tried to see eye to eye with her.

Cameron's Feminist, but he's second wave - which is conservative today. This is why he got into a scandal when he dismissed Wonder Woman and preferred his Sarah Connor over her. He just wanted tough women, not a woman who can be tough and allowed the choice to be feminine or whatever she wanted to be. We're on forth wave feminism now, all choices and inclusivity are in. Women are allowed to be whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Wonder Woman 1984 - Official Main Trailer
    Cheetah looks great .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cheetah looks great .
    The people that did the Cats movie should have hired these guys!

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The people that did the Cats movie should have hired these guys!
    What the people who did Cats needed was a director who understood how special effects work.

Don't want to go off topic, but it does kind of bother me the effects people on Cats take all the blame for that disaster when they were overworked, underpaid, and forced into a hard deadline because Tom Hooper thought it would be a good to idea to NOT use motion capture with the actors.

I pretty much trust only her and Black Nerd when it comes to Youtube personalities in regards to interviews, reviews, etc. I was gonna see it anyway, but...her recommendation is a good sign regardless, IMO
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 12-13-2020 at 01:08 PM. Reason: image was ginormous