Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Not sure how I feel about Steve coming back but I’m sure he’ll add to the film. Loved the lightning swinging.

One thing I like about WW84 is that I think the theme will be “be careful what you wish for.” Diana wants Steve back but it likely ends badly, Cheetah will want powers to rival Diana’s and become deformed. Maxwell Lord will be like Satan in that sense, making a deal with the devil.

Also my theory is that the armor is there to protect against cheetahs claws, possibly dipped in centaurs blood like in Justice.

Anyone think those flashbacks to her childhood competing are kind of a throwback to her origin winning the competition?
    Looks like the rumors are true then. Steve is back but
    spoilers:
    in someone else's body. Only Diana can see him as Steve Trevor, to the rest of the world he looks like whoever that body really belongs to.
    end of spoilers

Also I thought the armor was because spoilers:
    Diana's powers get nerfed after her wish for Steve's return
    end of spoilers but what you said makes more sense. Or maybe its both.

Extraordinary Member

I think his return will be a temporary thing.

Pretty excited. The first movie was great. Hopefully this has all the same strengths plus a stronger final act.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    She looks like hawkgirl in the gold armor. Other then that trailer looks good.
    My daughter thought it was Hawkgirl. She's a bit disappointed it's not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Reminded me of the Thor: Ragnarok trailer a bit with the 80's feel and letters. But...maybe that was the point.

I'm looking forward to it.
    True and heavily so, this looks a little more baked in maybe than just the Ragnarok title and credit sequences. I'm here for it.

I remember the first time I saw Michael Turner's cover to one of the Identity Crisis books where the lasso was tied into a noose. The noose being a bit much but the glow around the Lasso of Hermistia I'd never seen before. Ever since the first trailer that had that look, I've been geeking out. Her lasso to me is up there with any new Batmobile, I'm always drawn to an object from the ink and paper source material and make it have an impact on screen that's better than it could have on the page. Now she's doing tricks with it, that **** is dope. So many fuckin' jump cuts though, I'd just like to see her with it and use it in a relatively tight frame but I'll take it all. I also dug they didn't reveal transition Minerva, that was enough for a tease.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Retired

First I'm hearing that THOR RAGNAROK was set in the 1980s--never saw the movie but I assumed from the trailers it was in the present day and in outer space. The WW 84 trailer, with the mall scene, made me think of LOGAN'S RUN--which is set in the future, but the city centre looks like every mall from the 1980s.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    First I'm hearing that THOR RAGNAROK was set in the 1980s--never saw the movie but I assumed from the trailers it was in the present day and in outer space. The WW 84 trailer, with the mall scene, made me think of LOGAN'S RUN--which is set in the future, but the city centre looks like every mall from the 1980s.
    Ragnarok isn't set int he 80s. IIRC, the promotion favored 80s music and had that neon color scheme throughout.
    I personally didn't get any Thor: Ragnarok vibes from this at all.

This trailer has me excited for this sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Wonder Woman 1984 -- Diana rides on lightning like a badass.

Donna Troy on Titans -- Dies a silly death as a result of a mild electrocution.
    Well, her comics counterpart did die from a Superman robot once....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

It seems like it could be interesting. The "Blue Monday" remix was pretty damned good and the general style looks pretty nice.

Also, and I've gotta be honest, I'm still kind of amazed at how quickly Max Lord became a major WW villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Not sure how I feel about Steve coming back but I’m sure he’ll add to the film. Loved the lightning swinging.

One thing I like about WW84 is that I think the theme will be “be careful what you wish for.” Diana wants Steve back but it likely ends badly, Cheetah will want powers to rival Diana’s and become deformed. Maxwell Lord will be like Satan in that sense, making a deal with the devil.

Also my theory is that the armor is there to protect against cheetahs claws, possibly dipped in centaurs blood like in Justice.

Anyone think those flashbacks to her childhood competing are kind of a throwback to her origin winning the competition?
    When you say devil, I got to know if you mean Cersei?

That trailer wa good in that t gave nothing away. I'm curious to see if Cheetah remains redeemable by the end, or goes full Maxwell Lord. Also, I didn't recognize that was maxwell Lord. I thought maybe theyvwere just doing Dr. Psycho without the funny looking head. I guess Maxwell makes more sense though.

Yu got any source on that?

Incredible Member

I wonder if them introducing Maxwell Lord and if Steve Trevor dies again in this film if it will lead to her new love interest being Tom Tressor.

Or Trevor Barnes.

So the villain is Maxwell Lord? I thought it was Cheetah?

I ask because I've only tracked the release date for this movie, nothing more.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So the villain is Maxwell Lord? I thought it was Cheetah?

I ask because I've only tracked the release date for this movie, nothing more.
    Both. The theme seems to be wishes come true but at a cost, and Lord somehow makes that possible with Minerva being the one wishing she was a hero but at the cost of, well, looking like a catperson.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Both. The theme seems to be wishes come true but at a cost, and Lord somehow makes that possible with Minerva being the one wishing she was a hero but at the cost of, well, looking like a catperson.
    Have they shown what she looks like yet as Cheetah?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Have they shown what she looks like yet as Cheetah?
    No, and frankly I hope they keep it that way as long as possible. Though...the toys are typically released a few weeks to a whole month early so they may spoil it that way.