Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Looks fun!

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Wait...so...Diana can web swing on lightning bolts now?
    That should annoy me, but it looks cool as hell.

I din't think there was anything in the DCEU continuity that said she couldn't be a superhero in the 80s. Also, they made a point in the trailer to show her destroying surveillance cameras at the mall. So maybe she was like an urban legend, but there was no hard proof that she actually existed.

Retired

I really doubt that the movie isn't finished yet. They might not have decided on a final cut, but the post-production must all be done by now, because they have had a very long time to get it done--and according to Patty Jenkins there isn't a lot of CGI, it's mostly practical. Cheetah seems to be a combination of practical and computer effects. The reason they are probably not revealing that is because they want you to see the movie. What's the point of showing all the cool stuff in the trailer? It just gives people a reason not to bother with going to see it in the theatre.

The armour looks better to me than what we often see in the comics. It has a certain Big Barda vibe to it. I'd get rid of the wings. Why? Just why would she need wings on her armour--that's not practical. It just seems decorative.

She might be using her lasso to swing, but really I just think it's magic. The lasso itself is magic so maybe it comes from that--but Diana herself is magic so it could be her magical energy flows through the lasso. I think of it like the flying/jumping in Chinese action movies--like in CROUCHING TIGER/HIDDEN DRAGON--it doesn't work according to the rules of physics, but it shouldn't have to. I think flipping and twisting in mid air is visually more interesting than a flying brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're already defying DCEU continuity by making Wonder Woman a public Superhero in the 80's.
    Rumours has it DC is going to quietly ignore most of what Snyder did.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Actually.... I could see them doing it. If they are still going with the continuity from Batman v Superman and Justice League, Diana hadn't operated as Wonder Woman for quite some time. So what if she was forced to kill Max, and that act made her go into retirement?

NightCRAWLER.

One thing I noticed right off of the bat- Diana's costume is much brighter than it was in any of the movies she's been in before. Much brighter reds and blues.
    Thanks, My computer keeps correcting what it thinks are misspelled words. Anyway you know the drill with the reference. Now I think of it, I hardly see many fights in the white house for comic movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Wait...so...Diana can web swing on lightning bolts now?
    Well she is Zeus's daughter after all, and lightning was his thing. Plus she used it to kill Ares in the last film. So perhaps she's just gotten better at it in the last nearly 70 years.

I honestly think I might prefer the swinging on lightning travel set then her having actual flight.

Its a little Spider-Many but the visual is amazing and it suits her as a athlete/amazon more so than magical flight.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

(Sees Diana swinging from lightning).

Thor: "I like this one."

Reminded me of the Thor: Ragnarok trailer a bit with the 80's feel and letters. But...maybe that was the point.

I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Reminded me of the Thor: Ragnarok trailer a bit with the 80's feel and letters. But...maybe that was the point.

I'm looking forward to it.
    I won't go as far as to say is Ragnarok because WW84 is not comedy but the tone from the trailer is certainly uneven. Its no where in the lines of Ragnarok but it has a different vibe from wonder woman 1
    Last edited by Beaddle; 12-09-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

The lightning thing is probably a nod to the Metallica album "Ride the Lightning".

It was released in 1984.

Astonishing Member

Wonder Woman 1984 -- Diana rides on lightning like a badass.

Donna Troy on Titans -- Dies a silly death as a result of a mild electrocution.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I won't go as far as to say is Ragnarok because WW84 is not comedy
    Good thing I didn't say it was then. I was kinda specific about what I meant, but, ok.

Looking forward to it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Not sure how I feel about Steve coming back but I’m sure he’ll add to the film. Loved the lightning swinging.

One thing I like about WW84 is that I think the theme will be “be careful what you wish for.” Diana wants Steve back but it likely ends badly, Cheetah will want powers to rival Diana’s and become deformed. Maxwell Lord will be like Satan in that sense, making a deal with the devil.

Also my theory is that the armor is there to protect against cheetahs claws, possibly dipped in centaurs blood like in Justice.

Anyone think those flashbacks to her childhood competing are kind of a throwback to her origin winning the competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Anyone think those flashbacks to her childhood competing are kind of a throwback to her origin winning the competition?
    Yeah, I assume that is their way of working the Contest in.