Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Babs and love

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Excuse me please, are you talking about this Grifter?

Attachment 90160

The Grifter who was a member of the WildC.A.T.s of the Wildstorm Universe?
    I don't like the idea, because he is a character very older than Barbara, with a totally different moral and who belong to an universe, that should have been stay separated by the DC one. To me it would be almost like if Barbara were the Punisher's girlfriend.
    Wildstorm is very much in the DC universe and mainline earth. Hell I dont even like them that much but he ticks the same boxes as Jason AND has Jim Lee backing him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You could have them meet in college or he's a young lawyer Batgirl runs into.
    I mean I see them meeting later in life after she retires from being an active hero, maybe 30s/40s+

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Wildstorm is very much in the DC universe and mainline earth. Hell I dont even like them that much but he ticks the same boxes as Jason AND has Jim Lee backing him.
    Which Jason? Todd? The one time Barbara wanted to begin a relationship with him was because Dick just died and she had a lot of problems that she latched on to him since he was nice to her and helped her. Jason saw through it and refused.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Which Jason? Todd? The one time Barbara wanted to begin a relationship with him was because Dick just died and she had a lot of problems that she latched on to him since he was nice to her and helped her. Jason saw through it and refused.
    Yeah he saw through it, good thing since it was played like he was interested

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm referring to Jason more in the meta sense of "Fans want Jason/Babs or want Babs with another Bat fam member"

Maybe it would be best if she was in a relationship outside the family.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I hate that they treat Dick like he's a piece of crap. I cannot understand the people who think this a good Dick/Babs issue or romantic or anything - he's treating Barbara like crap, too!

They retconned the terrible Dick later-eras onto the good Dick of earlier eras. Back when he was in love with Kory and definitely about monogamy. In some circles this was the issue that should not be named. Or something like that. Anyway, it's dreadful and I erased it from my headcanon (of course, there are lots of things I erase from my headcanon - it doesn't resemble actual canon of today, but rather a mish-mash of eras).

Though Kory did treat Dick poorly when Mirage raped him, as I understand it (I just couldn't keep with Titans after the cast shift - it had gone down hill too much) - and she even knew what happened, right? I don't think that was ever treated like rape in the book, was it? Should have been.
    Kory was hurt that Dick couldn't perceive that Mirage-Kory wasn't Kory was her even though she felt that she could have done the same thing with him
    (kinda how Mary Jane came off looking clueless for not recognizing that Otto-Peter wasn't Peter even though she was able to tell that Chameleon-Peter before all that)
    She thought Dick didn't really understand her.
    She was full of insecurity about Dick's love for her and thought that Mirage could make him happy because she can be whatever he wants while at the same time Dick is thinking that he loves Kory and that Mirage needs to back off
    you know...the whole soap opera drama
    Yeah..I didn't care for it at all
    before the Mirage thing, she was being distant with him and felt like he was being clingy after her ordeal in the Titans Hunt storyline but it was just him loving her and missing her
    she was captured and held prisoner for many weeks (in the real world, it was over a year) betrayed by Jericho

the storyline was in preparation for the wedding that ended in disaster because Trigon-possessed Raven crashed it right in the middle of the minister pronouncing them man and wife

the original planned story was for Dick to rescue Kory from being abducted by alien invaders and he establishes himself as a great hero , he proposes to Kory, she accepts, and they get married without a problem
    things changed when the editor left and the writer for the story left
    and then of course, the Bat office took Dick back from the Titans office
    Titans didn't have control of Kory, and so broke up Dick and Kory

the change of plans led to Mirage-Kory having sex with Dick, Kory being angry and jealous, her breaking up with Dick, Dick acting like a possessive jerk that got violent with Kory's male friend in a club while being Nightwing, his desperate proposal of marriage, and his irrational behavior leading up to the wedding that made Kory tell Donna that Dick is on edge and that maybe that it's not the time to get married
    Last edited by Starrius; 12-12-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Maybe it would be best if she was in a relationship outside the family.
    Yes I agree, people should date outside their family.

Maybe Jimmy Olsen ?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe Jimmy Olsen ?
    Jimmy IS in Gotham right now

Red head power couple.

Jimmy Olsen? that would be interesting. How would the two make?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Yes I agree, people should date outside their family.
    Unless you have direct control then relationship won’t last. Writers hate being bogged down by anything they did not create

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Unless you have direct control then relationship won’t last. Writers hate being bogged down by anything they did not create
    Would there be any way to somewhat fix that? It would be interesting from time to time to see others dating the Batfam. In some ways, it does limit the characters. But we also don't want to limit the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    You do know that was an incest joke right?