Earlier, I did a thread about the most important Spider-Man stories of my favorite decade: the 1980s. And this got me thinking about my least favorite decade: the 1990s, which I know people here have passionate opinions about.

So, here's my guess for the most important stories of the decade.

10. Venom: Lethal Protector #1-6: Successful Venom spinoff that paved the way for solo projects including multiple mini-series, an on and off (currently very "on" monthly title) and even the film.
9. Spider-Man/ Spider-Man 2099: Early crossover between different universes, which established Spider-Man 2099 as part of the regular Spider-Man comics.
8. Amazing Spider-Man #334-339: The Sinister Six return in an early TPB-friendly arc. But this was also Erik Larsen's defining arc as artist.
7. Web of Spider-Man #118-119/ Spider-Man #52-53: This arc made it official that Ben Reilly would be the protagonist of many Clone Saga stories, while also featuring the debut of Kaine.
6. Untold Tales of Spider-Man #1: The past becomes fair game.
5. What If? #105: First Spider-Girl
4. Spider-Man #75: Return of Norman Osborn/ Clone Saga ends.
3. Spider-Man 2099 #1-3: A new world is introduced with its own version of Spider-Man, paving the way for other alternate universe titles.
2. Spectacular Spider-Man #216: Return of the clone.
1. Amazing Spider-Man #361-363: It's both the debut of Carnage and Venom becoming an ally of Spider-Man's changing him from a popular antagonist to a lead in his own right.

So, what do you guys think? What have I overrated? What have I forgotten?

Ill note that the importance of an arc can change. If the next movie is about Shriek, her Maximum Carnage debut will matter more.
The increased role of Spider-Man 2099 in the Amazing Spider-Man comics has made that character more significant (as well as various media appearances.) The Death of Harry Osborn has been reversed, so that isn't as consequential any more.