Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It made CNN, NY Times, LA Times, WaPo, everywhere else
    Slow news day.

created a death cult on Twitter
    Not hard.

and was referenced in one of the highest grossing movies of all time.
    As a laughing stock.

It is above everything else that's not a legacy hero debut or a Hickman event.
    Not above Kid Loki, Fraction's Hawkeye, and Aaron's Thor.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Probably the debuts of Miles Morales, and Kamala Khan. Most superhero comics are rather unimportant, and will be forgotten relatively quickly but I don't think Morales or Khan have to worry about that. "No Normal" and "Who is Miles Morales?" are going to continue to be read, and cherished for a lot longer than any momentarily important event title.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Slow news day.

Not hard.

As a laughing stock.

Not above Kid Loki, Fraction's Hawkeye, and Aaron's Thor.
    No one laughed at that scene when I went to watch it. They were audiabley shocked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    No one laughed at that scene when I went to watch it. They were audiabley shocked.
    People laughed uproariously where I saw it, both times. Not everyone recognized the dig at Secret Empire but it was more about how surreal and weird it was and how dumb those Hydra goons were.

The few who did get it, laughed louder than others did.

Hickman did not bring the Xmen back. They were never gone.

Dawn of X is as bad as anything in the last 10 years, well maybe not Gold.

This narrative that the Xmen sucked for a decade is ridiculous..

We had the awful Death of x, IvX era, and that was rather short lived.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The introduction of Miles Morales (Ultimate Comics Spider-Man)
    The introduction of Kamala (Ms Marvel)
    Ms Marvel becomes Captain Marvel and is one of the only female led Marvel Comics (Captain Marvel)
    Introduction of the Spiderverse/Spider-Gwen (Spidermen/Spiderverse)
    “Spice of life”/more indy approach (Hawkeye/The Vision)
    Kid Loki/Loki’s multi-layered (Journey Into Mystery)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Hickman did not bring the Xmen back. They were never gone.

Dawn of X is as bad as anything in the last 10 years, well maybe not Gold.

This narrative that the Xmen sucked for a decade is ridiculous..

We had the awful Death of x, IvX era, and that was rather short lived.
    I don't think the X-Men sucked. There were a lot of great X-Men related storylines. However, their part of Marvel just felt rather directionless.

BANNED

I don't see how anyone can seriously deny that Hickman wrote X-Men comics that feel like, look like, strut like the X-Men comics did in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, more than anybody else in in the interim or as he calls it, "the lost decade".

He has restored the X-Men to its rightful position after a Decade+ of being kneecapped in favor of other prima donna ballerinas like Inhumans and Avengers.

Yes, there were great X-Men comics published in that time, I like Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men, as well as Cullen Bunn's Magneto series, Kieron Gillen's stuff, Tom Taylor's X-Men Red but if we want to talk about importance, then Hickman's HoX/PoX blows them all out. Importance/Significance is not the same as quality.

Extraordinary Member

I don't see how anyone can seriously deny that Hickman wrote X-Men comics that feel like, look like, strut like the X-Men comics did in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, more than anybody else in in the interim or as he calls it, "the lost decade".

He has restored the X-Men to its rightful position after a Decade+ of being kneecapped in favor of other prima donna ballerinas like Inhumans and Avengers.

Yes, there were great X-Men comics published in that time, I like Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men, as well as Cullen Bunn's Magneto series, Kieron Gillen's stuff, Tom Taylor's X-Men Red but if we want to talk about importance, then Hickman's HoX/PoX blows them all out. Importance/Significance is not the same as quality.
    Part of the issue wasn't the writing, it was also that Marvel just didn't seem to know what to do with the X-Men. Because of all the drama with Disney and Fox and everything, you could tell that Marvel wanted the X-Men pushed back, but I personally don't think there was ever a real chance that the X-Men would be gotten rid of completely.

But also, I feel like even without all that, this still wouldn't have been a great decade for the X-Men because they likely still would have been in a rut story wise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But also, I feel like even without all that, this still wouldn't have been a great decade for the X-Men because they likely still would have been in a rut story wise.
    Yeah, until HoX/PoX.

I mean sales-wise, this is the biggest the X-Men have been since Morrison and Whedon.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Hawkeye - Fraction
    To me it feels like this book ushered in a new era with more Indie sensibilities.

Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel - Wilson/KSD
    I look at these books as the poster child of Marvels diversity push. Especially Ms. Marvel, which almost feels like a Spider-Man for a whole new, diverse generation.

Vision - King
    Modern Masterpiece. Possibly the best book Marvel have put out in the past decade.

HoX/PoX - Hickman
    Too early to tell but maybe brought the X-Men back to their previous pre-eminence?

He made the X-Men the opposite what the X-Men are. I think people were sick of the X-Men being the X-Men, so this is new. And change is good. So I'm glad X-Men fans are FINALLY accepting change.

People were afraid because of the Fox think which was hyped by conspiracies. They know Hickman did a fantastic job in the past with Avengers and the Fantastic Four that's why thy were so excited and still are.

People complain about that time because they wanted Avengers/Fantastic Four level writing. The X-Men just depended on name recognition according to everyone who says they had crap writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Part of the issue wasn't the writing, it was also that Marvel just didn't seem to know what to do with the X-Men. Because of all the drama with Disney and Fox and everything, you could tell that Marvel wanted the X-Men pushed back, but I personally don't think there was ever a real chance that the X-Men would be gotten rid of completely.
    They gave the X-Men several huge events. They knew what to do with them. People just didn't like it.

Of course they weren't canceling all X-Men titles. Where did you get such an idea?