Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Default Batman Dylan Dog is coming.

Well in the end it is happened: the Italian comics powerhouse (the Sergio Bonelli Editore) joints its strength with the DC Comics to publish the first crossover between an Italian comic book and a US one; https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...n-dog-0-italy/.
    I don't know very much about this book, but I will keep you informed.

This actually has me excited

Looks interesting .

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

DD had a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mqp4QA9Om0

It was bad.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

My biggest hope is we get more English translations of Dylan Dog books, I loved the Dark Horse versions but they ended so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Routh has just had the worst luck with movies, which is a shame because he seems like such a great guy and good actor.

Personally I didn't even know Dylan Dog was an Italian comic book, just knew it as the movie. Here's hoping the crossover is good, and curious to see if any other Italian comic book crosses over with another US book.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    My biggest hope is we get more English translations of Dylan Dog books, I loved the Dark Horse versions but they ended so soon.
    I remember them being written by the writer of Simon Dark and 30 Days of Night??
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    That movie was so bad that it wasn't promoted not even by Sergio Bonelli Editore.
    A TV show is in development

Yes, the director of the Dylan Dog TV series will be James Wan (Aquaman, Saw…) and this time also Sergio Bonelli Editore promotes the series, so it could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Personally I didn't even know Dylan Dog was an Italian comic book, just knew it as the movie. Here's hoping the crossover is good, and curious to see if any other Italian comic book crosses over with another US book.
    A second crossover between DC and Bonelli has, in fact, already been announced, creative team included: 2020 will see the first meeting between the Fastest Man Alive and the Protector of Darkwood, Zagor!

zagor.jpg

It might look like a random match, but Zagor is actually a close equivalent to the Flash since it's the one more directly connected to the concept of multiverse. Despite being a pastiche of Robin Hood, Tarzan and John Brown, Zagor has gone through dozens of adventures where the curtain dividing his world (there's no common Bonelli-verse in a strict sense, but let's pretend there is) and parallel dimensions suddenly got a lot thinner than usual.

By the way, here is the complete roster of Bonelli characters (sorry for the small image):

1567687828675.jpg

There's potential for A LOT of crossovers!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Never read the comic... but that's another movie that I blame the story on. The story and plot just seemed.... boring. I remember thinking that the actors and characters seemed cool... but the story was just meh. I remember thinking it should have been a pilot to a series or needing a sequel. Just the same characters in a different story and I'd have loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    A second crossover between DC and Bonelli has, in fact, already been announced, creative team included: 2020 will see the first meeting between the Fastest Man Alive and the Protector of Darkwood, Zagor!

zagor.jpg

It might look like a random match, but Zagor is actually a close equivalent to the Flash since it's the one more directly connected to the concept of multiverse. Despite being a pastiche of Robin Hood, Tarzan and John Brown, Zagor has gone through dozens of adventures where the curtain dividing his world (there's no common Bonelli-verse in a strict sense, but let's pretend there is) and parallel dimensions suddenly got a lot thinner than usual.

By the way, here is the complete roster of Bonelli characters (sorry for the small image):

1567687828675.jpg

There's potential for A LOT of crossovers!
    This is the complete list (in English) of the Bonelli's characters, so yes there is room form a lot of crossover. About Zagor and Flash I don't know almost nothing of both, then I can't say nothing.

Anyway it is strange: in the DC Comics site I didn't find out any news about these crossovers; will they be published only in Italy?

Uuuuh, you're catching me off guard. I mean, it's possible that they're intended exclusively for the Italian market, where it's guaranteed that they'll have the readership's attention. It's not like characters like Zagor and Nathan Never have any name value on the other side of the ocean, after all. Maybe for DC it's just a matter of seeing how the finished products turn out before announcing an edition for the US market.

Dylan Dog is a cool character but Brandon Routh is such bad casting for the role. Oh my... Didn't even know of that movie but trailer alone makes me sad, they seemed to have turned it into something of a comedy. Excited about there being a TV show planned though.

Ahh Zagor. Pretty much the first comics (along with Conan) I read as a kid (more like couldn't read as was in kindergarden and made the parents read to me...)

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Uuuuh, you're catching me off guard. I mean, it's possible that they're intended exclusively for the Italian market, where it's guaranteed that they'll have the readership's attention. It's not like characters like Zagor and Nathan Never have any name value on the other side of the ocean, after all. Maybe for DC it's just a matter of seeing how the finished products turn out before announcing an edition for the US market.
    It is possible: the sales of the US comics in Italy are very poor (10,000 issues monthly for Spiderman, less for the others), while the sales of the Italian comics are very good (140,000 issues monthly circa for Dylan Dog). Maybe it is an idea of Sergio Bonelli Editore (all the writers and the artists involved are of Bonelli) and DC aggree with the crossover, because it hopes to expand its readers in Italy, but at the same time it doesn't think the US readers could appreciate the books.

Anyway -5 day to the shipment.