Default Disney+ transfers

Any thoughts on these? They're available at 4k but even if you don't have that they are notably better quality than the Blu-ray. Granted, there's the "Maclunky" in ANH, but the film's color looks a lot more natural than the blu-ray (Which I think overpolished things a bit too much and had a slightly purpleish tint), and of course the green lightsaber thing on the millenium falcon has been fixed. It looks a lot more like the fan "Color correction" videos you might have seen on youtube (Not that fan made is a bad thing, just saying it matches more what was intended with the film's color).

ROTJ's transfer also fixes an issue that I had with the blu-ray. On the 2011 release pretty much the whole Shuttle Tydirium sequence up to the beginning of the speeder bike seems kind of weirdly soft and out of focus (I think others have noticed this too). The Disney+ fixes this pretty much. Color for the Executor seems to be correctly too, a lot of transfers give too much of a blue tint when it's more of a grey with the lights really only being blue.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-09-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Any thoughts on these? They're available at 4k but even if you don't have that they are notably better quality than the Blu-ray. Granted, there's the "Maclunky" in ANH, but the film's color looks a lot more natural than the blu-ray (Which I think overpolished things a bit too much and had a slightly purpleish tint), and of course the green lightsaber thing on the millenium falcon has been fixed. It looks a lot more like the fan "Color correction" videos you might have seen on youtube (Not that fan made is a bad thing, just saying it matches more what was intended with the film's color).

ROTJ's transfer also fixes an issue that I had with the blu-ray. On the 2011 release pretty much the whole Shuttle Tydirium sequence up to the beginning of the speeder bike seems kind of weirdly soft and out of focus (I think others have noticed this too). The Disney+ fixes this pretty much. Color for the Executor seems to be correctly too, a lot of transfers give too much of a blue tint when it's more of a grey with the lights really only being blue.
    Apparently they aren't so much Disney+ fixes but from a version Lucas and co. were working on (perhaps in preparation for the then planned 3dDrelease) just before Disney purchased it.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 12-09-2019 at 07:58 AM.

They fixed the sound and music channels, so I am happy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium