Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I have to disagree with duggan calling Emma a feminist. I mean I could see the potential but she is far from one as of right now. Some man always ends up controlling her whether she wants it or not. So I hope we get to see what he was talking about. He also says Emma wants to impress Kate which I can definitely see.
    Emma is most definitely a feminist. At least as she's been presented in HoX/PoX/Marauders.
    In the way she's been interested in paving her own path, standing up to and going toe-to-toe with Xavier/Magneto/Shaw, on her terms. She's decidedly her own woman seeking the interest of other women like Kate and the Cuckoos. She knows her worth and her power and is very self-assured in both.
    So yes...feminist.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Emma is most definitely a feminist.
    In the way she's always been interested in paving her own path, standing up to and going toe-to-toe with Xavier/Magneto/Shaw, on her terms. She's decidedly her own woman seeking the interest of other women like Kate and the Cuckoos.
    So yes...feminist.
    This isn't feminism at all. Never saw Emma sorority with women. Sure now Duggan is rying something like this, but it just not flying

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Emma is most definitely a feminist. At least as she's been presented in HoX/PoX/Marauders.
    In the way she's been interested in paving her own path, standing up to and going toe-to-toe with Xavier/Magneto/Shaw, on her terms. She's decidedly her own woman seeking the interest of other women like Kate and the Cuckoos. She knows her worth and her power and is very self-assured in both.
    So yes...feminist.
    Yes she is turning into one but I don't think she is one yet. Just as recently as rosencanny she was under the tumb of a male. Which is why I personally need to see more. I don't think Emma would put the needs of women over her own if it came down to a choice between empowering a women and weakening herself as a result or empowering a man who doesn't deserve it if it meant strengething herself. Nothing inherently wrong with that but I think it's way too early to say she is a feminist or pro women.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Feminism means a lot of things to women. If Emma is empowering herself through control over her body and sexuality, that still makes her a feminist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Feminism means a lot of things to women. If Emma is empowering herself through control over her body and sexuality, that still makes her a feminist.
    That is what most women do anyway, doesn't mean the person is feminist.

But not if your willing to hold other women down to to it which we have seen on many occasions or using other women and putting them in a position of weakness to Garner strength. To me an independent feminist is one that is empowering herself and taking control of her life without intentially hurting other women to do so. But again that's me. I like his Emma but I'm not ready to go there with her it doesn't ring true to me yet.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.
    And more often than not...it has very little to do with "who" they are in relation to a man...even if they are in a relationship with a man.
    Her conversation with the Cuckoos at the beginning of M02 speaks to where she's at personally and thematically.
    Forget how she's been written by previous, recent writers (a very difficult thing to do, I know), DoX Emma is most assuredly a feminist.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-09-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I see Emma as a feminist.

It has broad meaning for different people.

So people can't out right say someone isnt a feminist.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like that he called out the "Kitty is a villain now" crowd.

Bishop gets some much needed attention next issue.

****'s going down in issue 6.

Also, apparently it's Doug-gan, not Dew-gan like I've been pronouncing it in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I see Emma as a feminist.

It has broad meaning for different people.

So people can't out right say someone isnt a feminist.
    We can. Whether someone agrees is there own opinion. Some people I think are feminist would never want to be called one so yes it's subjective but imo simply looking out for yourself does not make one a feminist. But Emma is getting there.

That's like me saying I'm a civil rights leader because I care about my own rights.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-09-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Feminism and civil rights leaders are different things.

But we’ll agree to disagree.

If someone says they’re a feminist I still don’t think someone else can say no you’re not.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Feminism and civil rights leaders are different things.

But we’ll agree to disagree.

If someone says they’re a feminist I still don’t think someone else can say no you’re not.
    Hey if we can tell Rachel dolezale she's not black.... Sometimes a spade is just a spade but I agree to disagree.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Why are all these men trying to question Emma's feminism lol. I'm pretty sure a majority of women would wholeheartedly agree that Emma is a feminist.

Wait you think Rachel D. Should be allowed to pretend she’s African American?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why are all these men trying to question Emma's feminism lol. I'm pretty sure a majority of women would wholeheartedly agree that Emmya is a feminist.
    I am a woman and I disagree. Duggan is a whire straiggt men, i am a bisexual poc woman

Emma being put on same category as wonder woman is offensive

Yes frminism and civil rights are same thing.