Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 156
  1. #136
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It didn't work out when Jean, Ororo, Emma and Kitty were in charge either.

    Put Exodus in charge. Kill the flatscans with croissants or something.



    Hey, man. Not everyone can give good interviews like Keanu "Breath-taking" Reeves.
    It hasn’t worked out with anyone one of them in charge which is the entire point and impetus for Krakoa.

  2. #137
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    How many times has the Black Panther office whitewashed Storm? Just sayiní
    WELL. facts on-lay.

  3. #138
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    It hasnít worked out with anyone one of them in charge which is the entire point and impetus for Krakoa.
    At the end of the day, the nation of Krakoa was created by Xavier, Magneto and Moira. Ultimately whether some like it or not they hold considerable power. The other council members only have their seats because it was given to them by Xavier and Magneto, and all other mutants are only there because they were invited by them also. The idea that someone who contributed nothing to the building of a nation is demanding to have power in said nation is arrogance at its highest. And as I said if any council members think that they should be in charge or could do a better job then they are free to leave and go create their own nation. Charles, Erik and Moira together have done what no other mutant or mutant group have done, create a viable stable nation for mutants. So obviously they must know what their doing and are doing it well for having gotten this far. So this idea that someone can say you guys have to much power and need to be kept in check is laughable. Xavier and Magneto can just turn around and say get the f**k off our island and evict their ungrateful asses. But all this is moot as Charles and Erik have freely given the others considerable power and authority.

  4. #139
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    At the end of the day, the nation of Krakoa was created by Xavier, Magneto and Moira. Ultimately whether some like it or not they hold considerable power. The other council members only have their seats because it was given to them by Xavier and Magneto, and all other mutants are only there because they were invited by them also. The idea that someone who contributed nothing to the building of a nation is demanding to have power in said nation is arrogance at its highest. And as I said if any council members think that they should be in charge or could do a better job then they are free to leave and go create their own nation. Charles, Erik and Moira together have done what no other mutant or mutant group have done, create a viable stable nation for mutants. So obviously they must know what their doing and are doing it well for having gotten this far. So this idea that someone can say you guys have to much power and need to be kept in check is laughable. Xavier and Magneto can just turn around and say get the f**k off our island and evict their ungrateful asses. But all this is moot as Charles and Erik have freely given the others considerable power and authority.
    At the end of the day, those three can’t do it alone. That’s the point.

    And let’s not forget Krakoa is its own being. Magneto and Xavier don’t have an island. They’re been given permission to squat and Krakoa feeds off the population in exchange. X and Mags explicitly cannot do it alone and explicitly should not hold all the power.

  5. #140
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    At the end of the day, the nation of Krakoa was created by Xavier, Magneto and Moira. Ultimately whether some like it or not they hold considerable power. The other council members only have their seats because it was given to them by Xavier and Magneto, and all other mutants are only there because they were invited by them also. The idea that someone who contributed nothing to the building of a nation is demanding to have power in said nation is arrogance at its highest. And as I said if any council members think that they should be in charge or could do a better job then they are free to leave and go create their own nation. Charles, Erik and Moira together have done what no other mutant or mutant group have done, create a viable stable nation for mutants. So obviously they must know what their doing and are doing it well for having gotten this far. So this idea that someone can say you guys have to much power and need to be kept in check is laughable. Xavier and Magneto can just turn around and say get the f**k off our island and evict their ungrateful asses. But all this is moot as Charles and Erik have freely given the others considerable power and authority.
    lmao Krakoa isn’t totalitarianism. Not only is this a living island that dictates what happens and who goes on it, but the nation is only as strong as its people. Krakoa would hold no power without the mutants that reside on it. If there wasn’t a government established and only the two of them took all that power into themselves, then understandably there would be backlash. There would be no communication to Krakoa without Cypher. There would be no Resurrection Protocols without The Five. There would be no security, transit, data analysis, or biological weaponry without Black Tom, Sage, Trinary, Beast, and Forge. Their “ungrateful asses” are keeping this island afloat and getting it not nukes to oblivion by aggressive nations. Emma Frost was the one who got Krakoa its sovereignty. Charles and Erik gave them power because they knew if they didn’t, hell would’ve broken loose after the first day.

  6. #141
    Ultimate Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    At the end of the day, the nation of Krakoa was created by Xavier, Magneto and Moira. Ultimately whether some like it or not they hold considerable power. The other council members only have their seats because it was given to them by Xavier and Magneto, and all other mutants are only there because they were invited by them also. The idea that someone who contributed nothing to the building of a nation is demanding to have power in said nation is arrogance at its highest. And as I said if any council members think that they should be in charge or could do a better job then they are free to leave and go create their own nation. Charles, Erik and Moira together have done what no other mutant or mutant group have done, create a viable stable nation for mutants. So obviously they must know what their doing and are doing it well for having gotten this far. So this idea that someone can say you guys have to much power and need to be kept in check is laughable. Xavier and Magneto can just turn around and say get the f**k off our island and evict their ungrateful asses. But all this is moot as Charles and Erik have freely given the others considerable power and authority.
    basically this. I really seeing Emma gaving Magneto and Xavier a betrayal and ruining a lot of their plans for Krakoa

  7. #142
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lmao Krakoa isnít totalitarianism. Not only is this a living island that dictates what happens and who goes on it, but the nation is only as strong as its people. Krakoa would hold no power without the mutants that reside on it. If there wasnít a government established and only the two of them took all that power into themselves, then understandably there would be backlash. There would be no communication to Krakoa without Cypher. There would be no Resurrection Protocols without The Five. There would be no security, transit, data analysis, or biological weaponry without Black Tom, Sage, Trinary, Beast, and Forge. Their ďungrateful assesĒ are keeping this island afloat and getting it not nukes to oblivion by aggressive nations. Emma Frost was the one who got Krakoa its sovereignty. Charles and Erik gave them power because they knew if they didnít, hell wouldíve broken loose after the first day.
    I agree with most of what you say in that the government of Krakoa is more democratic in nature especially in day to day stuff. But it does seem like Xavier, Magneto, and Moira are behind the curtains really running the show.

    Publicly, Xavier is just one of many council members and the ceremonial 'leader' of mutantkind but behind the scenes, him and his husband wield ultimate power on the island
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  8. #143
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I agree with most of what you say in that the government of Krakoa is more democratic in nature especially in day to day stuff. But it does seem like Xavier, Magneto, and Moira are behind the curtains really running the show.
    And the pulling back of that curtain is inevitably part of the story and with that might just come a shift in power. Duggan is at least alluding to an attempted power shift.

  9. #144
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    And the pulling back of that curtain is inevitably part of the story and with that might just come a shift in power. Duggan is at least alluding to an attempted power shift.
    For sure. PoX 6 was def set up so that eventually the trio's secrecy was gonna blow up in a big way with everyone finding out the truth of the inevitability of mutant's defeat. Still think we have ways to go before we get there but I'm looking forward to it
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  10. #145
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I agree with most of what you say in that the government of Krakoa is more democratic in nature especially in day to day stuff. But it does seem like Xavier, Magneto, and Moira are behind the curtains really running the show.

    Publicly, Xavier is just one of many council members and the ceremonial 'leader' of mutantkind but behind the scenes, him and his husband wield ultimate power on the island
    This is absolutely true. It was more the idea that the Council members are being arrogant cause they don’t lick the heel of Xavier and Magneto’s feet and question things that really rubbed me the wrong way. There are shadowy forces at play but I think something like a vote getting overturned by the Summer Council + Kate and potentially Emma would be exactly what Xavier wants as I’m sure he doesn’t even like how distant Moira’s acting to begin with.

    Unlike some theories, I don’t think Moira’s plan being exposed will crumble Krakoa, moreso shift who exactly is being listened to or who holds power.

  11. #146
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    At the end of the day, the nation of Krakoa was created by Xavier, Magneto and Moira. Ultimately whether some like it or not they hold considerable power. The other council members only have their seats because it was given to them by Xavier and Magneto, and all other mutants are only there because they were invited by them also. The idea that someone who contributed nothing to the building of a nation is demanding to have power in said nation is arrogance at its highest. And as I said if any council members think that they should be in charge or could do a better job then they are free to leave and go create their own nation. Charles, Erik and Moira together have done what no other mutant or mutant group have done, create a viable stable nation for mutants. So obviously they must know what their doing and are doing it well for having gotten this far. So this idea that someone can say you guys have to much power and need to be kept in check is laughable. Xavier and Magneto can just turn around and say get the f**k off our island and evict their ungrateful asses. But all this is moot as Charles and Erik have freely given the others considerable power and authority.
    They created it but right now there is nothing they can do that Lorna and Emma wouldnt do if there is a revolution. Emma wont make her move against Xavier yet anyway. Shaw should be her major concern, once she can Exiliate him she can begin to plot her take over.

    And to be fair neither Magneto or Xavier are specially intelligent in their own, powerful and skilled yes but Xavier is an idealist his politics about free pass to all mutants without any control killed him and Magneto usually make terrible mistakes just for ubris.

  12. #147
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If you have a problem with that Classic X-Men scene, take it up with Ann Nocenti.
    The scene is fine for what it was. Emma was a bad guy then, doing and saying bad things (like sexism is only a problem for weak ugly women.) I doubt she thought about it trying to be used forty years later, for ‘feminism’ lol.

  13. #148
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This is absolutely true. It was more the idea that the Council members are being arrogant cause they donít lick the heel of Xavier and Magnetoís feet and question things that really rubbed me the wrong way. There are shadowy forces at play but I think something like a vote getting overturned by the Summer Council + Kate and potentially Emma would be exactly what Xavier wants as Iím sure he doesnít even like how distant Moiraís acting to begin with.

    Unlike some theories, I donít think Moiraís plan being exposed will crumble Krakoa, moreso shift who exactly is being listened to or who holds power.
    The Quiet Council shall be supplanted by the Boombox Council

    Hip-Hop: Pooky, Synch, Phat
    Heavy Metal: Polaris, Quire, Stryfe
    Pop: Boom-Boom, Mindee, Wolverine
    New Wave Psychedelic Funk: Doop, Sinister, Mojo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorrek VIII
    What if the Kree and Skrull quarantined in the same rooms together? Aha ha, just kidding... unless...?

  14. #149
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Quiet Council shall be supplanted by the Boombox Council

    Hip-Hop: Pooky, Synch, Phat
    Heavy Metal: Polaris, Quire, Stryfe
    Pop: Boom-Boom, Mindee, Wolverine
    New Wave Psychedelic Funk: Doop, Sinister, Mojo
    Goddessdamnit, that’ll mean a name change for me.

  15. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The Black Panther title launched after Extraordinary and didn't have much Storm in its first year. Storm becoming prominent in BP coincided with her reduced status in ResurXion.

    The fact that they didn't know what Storm would be up to in 18 months because of BP means... the BP creatives get to be in charge of whatever's going on with her. And that in the 18 months before Duggan decided to do his own thing, every other X-writer also couldn't do anything with her.

    So I'm here just to voice how incredibly shitty it is some X-men can appear in MULTIPLE titles a month across series and universes sometimes. Yet with Storm we're still stuck on whether she can appear in the X-men and BP? Well my question is, why can't she do both if anyone deserves the exposure its Ro' and I'm tired of her character being treated like an afterthought, she could easily be a mutant activist appearing in the X-men, BP, and greater Marvel Universe!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •