Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yikes who would have thought a harmless comment about Emma being a feminist on spark this type of response.
    Everyone knew this was gonna happen because the haters can’t help themselves.

are lockheed and pyro feminists
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yikes who would have thought a harmless comment about Emma being a feminist on spark this type of response.
    Well, the comment contained two of the internet's "UNCONTROLLED RAGE" words (Feminist, Comics), and one of this site's (Emma). So it was bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except that she's a completely different person that the cardboard cutout in shown in that panel. It's like posting a panel of early Jean Grey being in danger to claim 2019 Jean Grey is super weak.
    Not completely, she still the same person but slightly better. She still screwed up Jean, Laura, body shamed kitty, insulted ororo and her broken marriage.
    Far away from being a example of feminism

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not completely, she still the same person but slightly better. She still screwed up Jean, Laura, body shamed kitty, insulted ororo and her broken marriage.
    Your extremely narrow interpretation maybe.

BANNED

On a different subject, I’m glad we got confirmation that Storm isn’t allowed to be used in a significant manner in any of the X-books because of Coates’ flop title that nobody reads.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    lol how many times has Emma been bodyshamed or sluthshamed by any of those women over the years?

Your extremely narrow interpretation maybe.
    there isn't anything narrow. feminism shouldn't be used as a marketing tool as it is a wide concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Calling other women rapists at least 5 times a day.
    Emma isn't? tell that to Jean, ororo

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    are lockheed and pyro feminists
    Definitely, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    On a different subject, I’m glad we got confirmation that Storm isn’t allowed to be used in a significant manner in any of the X-books because of Coates’ flop title that nobody reads.

lol how many times has Emma been bodyshamed or sluthshamed by any of those women over the years?
    I'm not calling them feminists

I didnt knew Coates black panther was going on for 16 years

Sometimes anything perceived as negative or not in line with their view of a character they are a fan of triggers people. *shrugs* it happens, no one has been flat out jerky about it which is nice. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What's "true feminism"?
    either way someone can be pro feminism but not a feminist. I honestly can't think of any X-man i would classify as a feminist. They are pro females and believe in feminism but when struggling to survive they really haven't had the opportunity to show they are feminists per say. I guess one could say Charles is in a way as he put a woman in charge of the x-men and Cyclops did so as well but to me that's more the situation because usually in x-men men are the ones with the power and choose to give it or share it accordingly. I guess Storm is starting to dip her toe into it with the girl camp in Fearless but i still wouldn't call her one yet. But again that's all just my opinion.

For me in a broader sense i see a feminist like an activist, someone actively doing something to better the situation and circumstances of women. There aren't many in the world to me. But there are a lot of supporters. It's easy to sit on the couch and go "RAH FEMALES! YES! I so support this. OMG I'm a feminist too! YAAAAAAAAAASSS!"
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-09-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Sometimes anything perceived as negative or not in line with their view of a character they are a fan of triggers people. *shrugs* it happens, no one has been flat out jerky about it which is nice. lol
    Excuse me, but all of the negativity in this thread has decidedly come from the anti-Emma contingent.

Y’all treating feminism like a girl’s scout badge is hilarious.

BANNED

I'm just a Storm/Emma dual fan trying to disassociate myself from the tired playground-level jokes about hygiene resulting from the one gag in XM #3 (which were the words of a prudish old villain, not fact). I ain't even got time to take this one on.

Excuse me, but all of the negativity in this thread has decidedly come from the anti-Emma contingent.
    Funnily i didn't mention any one specific fan-base specifically. The implication to be clear was all fan bases are guilty of it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.