Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wait you think Rachel D. Should be allowed to pretend she’s African American?
    No it was more tongue in cheek. Sort of like as absurd as if one was to let a woman who was responsible for two other women being raped call herself a feminist because she's a woman
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But not if your willing to hold other women down to to it which we have seen on many occasions or using other women and putting them in a position of weakness to Garner strength. To me an independent feminist is one that is empowering herself and taking control of her life without intentially hurting other women to do so. But again that's me. I like his Emma but I'm not ready to go there with her it doesn't ring true to me yet.
    Holding women down? Having enemies in the X-Men that she sees as threats just like she does with the men and acting on that doesn’t mean she’s holding anyone down. Since she’s reformed, she’s made it her case to make sure the younger women in her lives are protected.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Holding women down? Having enemies in the X-Men that she sees as threats just like she does with the men and acting on that doesn’t mean she’s holding anyone down. Since she’s reformed, she’s made it her case to make sure the younger women in her lives are protected.

I still don't forgive her for how she treated Laura, to be honest, when she first came to them. I think that was both hypocritical and unhelpful to all their situations.

Hey if someone sees themselves as a feminist than that’s what they identify with

Can’t really take that away from them no matter what they’ve done

Yeah but I see your point now.

Another individual can think they are not feminist.
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-09-2019 at 11:36 AM.

I think Emma probably thinks of herself as a feminist. She thinks women are as equal to any man (if not moreso), she has absolute control over herself and her body, she wants to see women succeed, and she's gender-neutral in terms of using people.

I mean, she doesn't necessarily get along with a lot of women, but that's more her personality then just her own feelings about gender and equality.

Coming in with the receipts.

I've also always liked her relationship with the Cuckoos since especially at the beginning she really wanted to help them and shine. She tried to help Angel Salvadore too and she also took Armor under wing.

I've also always liked her conversation with Tessa about why she wears lingerie around the Hellfire Club men.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I am a woman and I disagree. Duggan is a whire straiggt men, i am a bisexual poc woman
    But you also don't like DoX in general, which from my experience is not the popular opinion among us PoC, so maybe you are in the minority among women and their opinions of Emma as well?

Emma being put on same category as wonder woman is offensive
    I don't think Diana herself would mind one bit lol. And her real-life creator(s) would be very fascinated with Emma and the BDSM/gender power play themes of the HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I still don't forgive her for how she treated Laura, to be honest, when she first came to them. I think that was both hypocritical and unhelpful to all their situations.
    She probably doesn’t forgive herself either. But it isn’t like the attitude came out of nowhere, Emma saw her as a loose cannon (probably the worst thing they needed atm) to come after M-Day that could threaten her students’ safety. The fact that Logan just drops her off after pretending he didn’t know who she was didn’t help at all. But their relationship obviously evolved beyond just Emma thinking she was a dirty mutt all the time.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really do appreciate that they (the Creatives directing the stories) see this new status quo as "Mutantdom" and not necessarily "X-Men". Mutantdom is all-encompassing and far more reaching.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

She should have telepathically whipped that child's ass. Thanks for reminding me of how much I wanted Emma to flay Shaw, Tycon.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I really do appreciate that they (the Creatives directing the stories) see this new status quo as "Mutantdom" and not necessarily "X-Men". Mutantdom is all-encompassing and far more reaching.
    I'm in agreement.

BANNED

She probably doesn’t forgive herself either. But it isn’t like the attitude came out of nowhere, Emma saw her as a loose cannon (probably the worst thing they needed atm) to come after M-Day that could threaten her students’ safety. The fact that Logan just drops her off after pretending he didn’t know who she was didn’t help at all. But their relationship obviously evolved beyond just Emma thinking she was a dirty mutt all the time.

Whether she felt bad or not after the fact is irrelevant to me; if she was so worried about her being so vicious then that was the absolute worst thing to torment her with. Plus, even going out of her way to torment her at all--and being able to see that, clearly, she wasn't a monster because she felt awful for that memory in the first place. A memory that Laura wasn't 100% at fault for, by the way.

If she had any interest in handling it properly she would have confronted Laura directly in conversation. Just say "I don't trust you, you're going to have to earn it." Rather than doing what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    TBF, the X-Men have never really been divorced from "mutantdom". Even the shitty, repetitive directions of perpetual extinction looming over their heads still reflected ramifications for mutantdom in its entirety.

Of course, cynically speaking, it's because Fox had gotten the movie rights to the term "mutant" as well, so there wasn't much point in separating mutantdom from the X-Men. We saw what happened to those in the grey zone of movie rights like the Maximoffs, or those who were entirely under Marvel/Disney's control (Squirrel Girl, Molly Hayes).
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-09-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm not Emma expert but I don't think she does anything againts women or in pro of them. I don't think she particulary cares about the issue.
    I atribute her complicated relationships with other women as more of a conflict between personalities than a matter of gender, she treats men equally bad/good.
    (I could be wrong though)

BANNED

From Classic X-Men #34

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    From Classic X-Men #34

Emma has changed a lot since this, for good or bad.
    She is almost a different woman today than what she was before the 90's