Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    He's fun and I get Jason Aaron vibes from him, except maybe his writing decisions won't have quite as strong of a goofy bent as Aaron's work sometimes does, which is even better.

Looking forward to more X-Force and Wolverine.

And it's very early, but I think Ben Percy is the next "architect" to ascend at Marvel, along with Cates.
    I hope so, Percy is really good

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I really like Percy's thought process behind how he approaches characters, their stories, and development of his scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    He's fun and I get Jason Aaron vibes from him, except maybe his writing decisions won't have quite as strong of a goofy bent as Aaron's work sometimes does, which is even better.

Looking forward to more X-Force and Wolverine.

And it's very early, but I think Ben Percy is the next "architect" to ascend at Marvel, along with Cates.
    He's come a long way since he was almost universally disliked pre Green Arrow Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's come a long way since he was almost universally disliked pre Green Arrow Rebirth.
    I think his run on rebirth was well liked

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's not what I recall, but maybe it soured later on.

Mighty Member

Really like how Percy talks up the importance of Xavier. He really is the lynchpin of Krakoa, the one who brought it all together; more so even than Moira. This is far and away the best book of Dawn of X, and the only true team book.

Yeah, and I’ll never get why people are so obsessed with teams. It’s not football (either real, american, or the thing where Australians basically have a fight.)

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Really like how Percy talks up the importance of Xavier. He really is the lynchpin of Krakoa, the one who brought it all together; more so even than Moira. This is far and away the best book of Dawn of X, and the only true team book.
    X-force is how you write teams

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I did it! I bit the bullet and added X-force to my pull-list.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I did it! I bit the bullet and added X-force to my pull-list.
    I don’t want to derail about piracy but if people enjoy the book and can afford it then we should add this book to our pull lists and support it. I encourage those able to support the books that we enjoy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Yeah, and I’ll never get why people are so obsessed with teams. It’s not football (either real, american, or the thing where Australians basically have a fight.)
    It’s a pretty narrow and outdated way to look at things, especially post-HoXPoX. We’re not seeing team books so much as we’re seeing ensemble books. Marauders has a team on the ship but two of the main characters aren’t even on the boat much less the team.

Similarly, X-Force is less a team and more an organization that will include team-ups of its members.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    It’s a pretty narrow and outdated way to look at things, especially post-HoXPoX. We’re not seeing team books so much as we’re seeing ensemble books. Marauders has a team on the ship but two of the main characters aren’t even on the boat much less the team.

Similarly, X-Force is less a team and more an organization that will include team-ups of its members.
    Same with X-Men...I for one absolutely LOVE the ensemble format as I get to see many more mutants than if they were a set teams
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same with X-Men...I for one absolutely LOVE the ensemble format as I get to see many more mutants than if they were a set teams
    Agreed. Everyone now occupies a place in the nation and many of them have roles critical to the infrastructure of said nation. This new approach allows for characters to more organically appear in any book whenever they or their work becomes relevant. HoX gave us some top notch world-building and set the stage for even more. The days of books and characters existing in a vacuum seem to be largely behind us for now.