Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Revengers (Ragnarok) vs. Team DCEU

Hulk w/ gladiator gear
    Thor w/Mjolnir
    Valkyrie (no pegasus- just her final ragnarok battle gear)
    Loki

Vs.

Wonder Woman
    Ares
    Aquaman

Arena. WW's speed is equalized to Thor's level

BONUS:
    If Revengers lose, add Cap Anerica. If DCEU lose, add Steppenwolf.

DOUBLE BONUS:

Team DCEU vs. Hela by herself.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 12-09-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Hulk w/ gladiator gear
    Thor w/Mjolnir
    Valkyrie (no pegasus- just her final ragnarok battle gear)
    Loki

Vs.

Wonder Woman
    Ares
    Aquaman

Arena. WW's speed is equalized to Thor's level

BONUS:
    If Revengers lose, add Cap Anerica. If DCEU lose, add Steppenwolf.

DOUBLE BONUS:

Team DCEU vs. Hela by herself.
    With equalized speed Thor wins by himself. Steppenwolf doesn't really change anything.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I think Slade's about right on that. Thor has way too much in his toolbox here, if you take away his only "weakness" there's just nothing to stop him.

And Hela TRIVIALLY solos. She makes pincussions out of team DCEU.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    With equalized speed Thor wins by himself. Steppenwolf doesn't really change anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I think Slade's about right on that. Thor has way too much in his toolbox here, if you take away his only "weakness" there's just nothing to stop him.

And Hela TRIVIALLY solos. She makes pincussions out of team DCEU.
    Yikes! We've had enough "Thor v WW" threads on here where things have been even enough for me to feel this was a pretty close Rumble.

What exactly is his Thor's win condition solo? What can't they handle?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Yikes! We've had enough "Thor v WW" threads on here where things have been even enough for me to feel this was a pretty close Rumble.

Those long battles was because of Diana's speed. And even then there was no guarantee.

They were also mostly "Thor Ragnarok WITHOUT Mjolnir." Here, he's Ragnarok level but also has the hammer. And has equal speed. So now he has flight, he has a hammer that can attack from behind while he's coming at her with at least equal skill, better strength, better soak, and all the energy tricks he wants to play. He can just lift her (and the other two less important members of the fight) up in a cyclone à la Destroyer and waste her (and them) while she's helpless. His lightning is easily enough to fry Ares and AC, Diana can, as we've seen, plant and absorb and reverse that kind of thing against herself, but Thor is very clearly immune to "the biggest lightning blast in the history" so that's not doing anything to him. And Diana clearly has to use both hands in a limiting gesture to do that. If Thor just sends a few different bolts at her and ALSO has Mjolnir hit her in the back of the head, well, that's more than she can stop in this scenario.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Things might change with WW 1984 (seems like she can swing on/with lightning ?) but for now, with equalized speed Thor kinda just dismantles her/everyone else here.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

They were also mostly "Thor Ragnarok WITHOUT Mjolnir." Here, he's Ragnarok level but also has the hammer. And has equal speed. So now he has flight, he has a hammer that can attack from behind while he's coming at her with at least equal skill, better strength, better soak, and all the energy tricks he wants to play. He can just lift her (and the other two less important members of the fight) up in a cyclone à la Destroyer and waste her (and them) while she's helpless. His lightning is easily enough to fry Ares and AC, Diana can, as we've seen, plant and absorb and reverse that kind of thing against herself, but Thor is very clearly immune to "the biggest lightning blast in the history" so that's not doing anything to him. And Diana clearly has to use both hands in a limiting gesture to do that. If Thor just sends a few different bolts at her and ALSO has Mjolnir hit her in the back of the head, well, that's more than she can stop in this scenario.
    Pretty much. Once Thor gets in the air the fight is over.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

To be fair, I *really* doubt that Thor used the actual biggest lightning blast in history, since that's arguably an electrical jet that's 150,000 light years long, contains the power of around a trillion lightning bolts, and is thought to be fueled by a black hole's magnetic field.

I’m assuming this is Ares many years after his fight with Zeus. Ares at the height of his power was one not to be trifled with.

The argument of Thor wasting Wonder Woman with lightning doesn’t bold well, given her lightning-god heritage and resistance to the elemental force in question. Ares and Aquaman, however, are a different matter. Ares was slain by a lightning blast that Thor should have no trouble replicating. Aquaman’s durability feats suggest he wouldn’t be able to hold up to Thor’s power either.

With that said, I don’t think Thor solos. Ares’s transmutable powers might spell trouble for Mjolnir; Aquaman’s trident is highly dangerous, and Wonder Woman – even with her speed equalized – is a wonderous beast (strength, durability, power, etc.). If we’re spotting her the powers she displayed at the end of her fight against Ares, then Diana is a more formidable threat.

This is all assuming Thor’s teammates are just standing by twiddling their thumbs. Valkyrie is skilled and strong enough to keep Wonder Woman busy; Hulk vs. Aquaman is Main Event worthy, and while Loki is not quite on Ares’s level he’s crafty enough to keep the God of War busy until help arrives. Ares has several advantages afforded to him mainly because of his dynamic powers and abilities. I’d give him the win over anyone in this fight not named Thor or Wonder Woman.

Overall, the Revengers prove too much for Team DCEU. Steppenwolf’s inclusion makes things a bit more complicated. He’s strong enough to outlive most if not all of his teammates, but I don’t think he’d be able to put any of the Revengers down before they swarm him.

Regarding the Double Bonus: Hela slaughters them. Ares might be able to transmute her necro-weapons away but they will all eventually meet their grisly end.

C'mon, DC is given less numbers, plus Wonder Woman loses her one advantage on Thor? No offense, but this thread feels intentionally rigged against the DCEU side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    C'mon, DC is given less numbers, plus Wonder Woman loses her one advantage on Thor? No offense, but this thread feels intentionally rigged against the DCEU side.
    Offense taken.

I make a lot of threads. Some of them are uneven. You are currently painting me as "anti DC" or something across multiple threads instead of offering legitimate arguing points as contribution to the thread.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Given the history of the poster, there is no real way this is an intentionally biased thread. I don't always AGREE with the man, but I've never seen him post an intentional stomp. Plus, if you check his post history, with the exception of his admitted love for Hela, he's generally far more on the side of supporting WW and AC then he is anyone on team Marvel. Not in an outwardly biased way, mind, simply that he's more likely to... evaluate their abilities on the high side then the low side.

Don't make me bring out hydrodynamic submarine math again, Arby. Just don't.

Not really seeing what prevents WW from putting her bracers up and redirecting Thor's own energy blast at him. Not sure it'd actualy do any good, since I'd figure Thor is immune to his own stuff, but it's an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Not really seeing what prevents WW from putting her bracers up and redirecting Thor's own energy blast at him. Not sure it'd actualy do any good, since I'd figure Thor is immune to his own stuff, but it's an idea.
    Because, as you mention, she has to stop doing everything else to plant and slam the bracers together to stop one blast. Reflecting that blast will do nothing to Thor, as he's proven extensively that he's immune to his own stuff, but her planting like that will leave her open to other blasts he can toss/call down AND leave her open to Mjolnir hitting her in the back of the head, slamming her forward into Thor's waiting fist.

Thor's biggest edge on Diana for this fight is his ability to launch multiple attacks from multiple directions at once, and he ABSOLUTELY has the skill to do it.

This doesn't even get to what happens when he hits her as hard as he hit the Hulk in Ragnarok, while, again, also having Mjolnir smashing into her head from another angle.

Tooooooo many options, and they are above Diana's ability to no-sell.