Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Does Marvel Have Any Active Angels?

We all know the demons (some of whom are fallen angels) are very much active and present -- blokes like Daimon Hellstrom, Mephisto, Zarathos, etc. But do angels or similarly divine beings play an active role in Marvel's lore? And I don't mean the Asgardian variety, or mutants who were mistaken for angelic beings. I don't even mean the Celestials, whose origin sometimes parallels that of the heavenly host. I'm just looking for a few good angels, if there are any in all of Marvel.

Anthony Edward Stark.
    Can't think of any others.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

The Ghost Riders might still be kind of angels sometimes maybe? They go back and forth on it so much. Just when you think they've wiped everything from Aaron's run they reference it, making it very difficult to tell if Ghost Riders being angels/heavenly weapons is still true.

Mighty Member

Zadkiel was killed off. It happened in one panel and it was so inconsequential that I don't even remember when it happened. A waste of a villain if you ask me.

BANNED

Gabriel from Scarlet Spider is the last one I remember. By any of them act as regular heroes.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The most active angel related character we have in comics right now is probably Angela with the whole Heven mythology, which yeah, it's asgardian lore, so it's probably not the answer you want. But I can't think of anything outside of that that's been used as consistently in the last few years. Marvel doesn't seem to push the traditional concept of angels as much as they push the traditional concept of demons. I guess demons are just much more fun to write about.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-10-2019 at 02:52 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The most active angel related character we have in comics right now is probably Angela with the whole Heven mythology, which yeah, it's asgardian lore, so it's probably not the answer you want. But I can't think of anything outside of that that's been used as consistently in the last few years. Marvel doesn't seem to push the traditional concept of angels as much as they push the traditional concept of demons. I guess demons are just much more fun to write about.
    Well Angela was an angel in Image Comics spawn series where it is about the cold war between Heaven and Hell.

The only angel I know of is Warren Worthington.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Well, now that they are all part of Disney... ♪ Here's the angel, see the angel, it's my angel, no one else's, next to the rakes ♪

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Apart from Angela, no.

Angel type beings haven't played of a huge role in Marvel's lore like they do in DC or Image's properties.
    "Cable was right!"

There should be angel characters. some should fall in love with human heroes.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Thanks, everyone. It's as I figured. Marvel has no problems trotting out demons and the fallen variety of angels, but it often sidesteps the "good" variety. Even Angela had her story changed to be an Asgardian and not the same type of angel that she was in the Spawn series. Oh well, if a good angel don't exist, I'll have to create her/him/it.