Default HOX/POX Hardcover

Just a quick question, forgive my lack of knowledge on this...

I've only just started collecting trade paperbacks in the last year or so and this will be the first major hardcover release that I've seen hit the shelves in that time (that I've been interested in). In what time frame will we typically see a softcover version or is this basically it? I do a lot of traveling and prefer the soft versions for the weight, but if it's a "not going to happen for 1-2 years" type of thing I won't wait.

Amazing Member

Typically they don't publish the OHC first.

Usually, if they do an OHC it's 6-12 months after the first two softcovers it's collecting. And if they feel like taking your money a third time, they'll eventually release an omnibus.

I really do prefer them starting with the OHC though. It takes the guesswork out of whether or not a series will get them. I have Hickman's two X-Men TPB on preorder. Will buy them, and of course, will probably announce OHC, so will get those, and cause it's Hickman, he'll probably get the omnibus treatment.

So I'll be the idiot triple dipping. Simply because, what if they don't release the Omni, or the OHC!!! You never know.. and that's how they take advantage of me.
    Last edited by mozzle; 12-10-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Interesting, so what you're saying that it could go either way here. I could see them stick to Hardcover for the higher price point and collectability of a beautiful full version, or push out softcover version because it will sell regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Interesting, so what you're saying that it could go either way here. I could see them stick to Hardcover for the higher price point and collectability of a beautiful full version, or push out softcover version because it will sell regardless.
    yeah, I think the softcover is coming out in January. It's already up on Amazon.ca for pre-order along with the hard cover. I think the softcover didn't have a date yet, just pending release in early 2020 last I checked.

I ordered the hardcover myself. I got the whole series in digital, but I kind of want the full collected edition to see all the art hands on. The art in HoX/PoX is just as fantastic as the story was.

I get everything digital, but I think I will get trades for Marauders and Excalibur when they come available because I love both series.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I read everything digital first and then I buy things on TPB. For me it's because of the art. I'm an artist and often will open up a page from a favorite run and replicate a panel or use it as inspiration to do something unique.

They change the process frequently. I'm in a similar boat preferring soft cover. Major stories like this typically take a year to get printed in soft cover. Marvel wants that $$$.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Has anyone put hands on the hardcover?

I would like to know what they did with the timelines infographic pages.

Amazing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo47IeKeUNs&t=72s

They printed them the same as in the floppies.
    Also, it's a glued binding which kinda sucks.. But it's not that big of a book, so whatever.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo47IeKeUNs&t=72s

They printed them the same as in the floppies.
    Also, it's a glued binding which kinda sucks.. But it's not that big of a book, so whatever.
    I hate, hate, hate, glued bindings!
    I’ve got it on order, but I’d have paid an extra fiver for sewn binding.

Admittedly that was another reason for my question. Some of those infographics really needed a sewn binding, and I think at least with a paperback version it would give a little better.

nevermind the further detail specifies it collects both. I must have.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

lol, speaking of the hardcover, I just got my shipment notification from Amazon.ca that it's on the way and in the mail. So I will be reading it before the weekend, yay!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    lol, speaking of the hardcover, I just got my shipment notification from Amazon.ca that it's on the way and in the mail. So I will be reading it before the weekend, yay!
    Jealoussssss, im still waiting for indigo to ship mine.