Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 181
  1. #1
    Mighty Member mreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,086

    Default OUTLAWED! (March 2020)




    https://aux.avclub.com/marvel-s-teen...ive-1840337381

    A new status quo and something similar to SHRA but a ban on teen heroes.

    One shot done by Eve Ewing and Kim Jacinto in March and then I'm guessing will ripple through Ms. Marvel/Miles and the other young heroes.

    What makes this interesting is aren't the Young Avengers and Runaways also under 21 still?

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post



    https://aux.avclub.com/marvel-s-teen...ive-1840337381

    A new status quo and something similar to SHRA but a ban on teen heroes.

    One shot done by Eve Ewing and Kim Jacinto in March and then I'm guessing will ripple through Ms. Marvel/Miles and the other young heroes.

    What makes this interesting is aren't the Young Avengers and Runaways also under 21 still?
    So this'll spinoff of what happens in Incoming? Also, this might be 2020's big event
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 12-10-2019 at 10:47 AM.

  3. #3
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    No, the Young Avengers are at least much older now than they were (In Marvel Comics #1000, they were all in a bar legally) and the Runaways were also aged up with this latest run by Rainbow Rowell.
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Uh oh... I hope some D-list teen heroes won't get kileld to give Miles and Kamala popularcharacter-pain
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post



    https://aux.avclub.com/marvel-s-teen...ive-1840337381

    A new status quo and something similar to SHRA but a ban on teen heroes.

    One shot done by Eve Ewing and Kim Jacinto in March and then I'm guessing will ripple through Ms. Marvel/Miles and the other young heroes.

    What makes this interesting is aren't the Young Avengers and Runaways also under 21 still?
    So I guess we can expect Champions #1 (with the same creative team) in April? The preview is using the same caption fonts the team has always used. And yeah, this will definitely affect Runaways if it continues past issue 32 (they're only two years older than they started, thus everyone except for Chase is actually still a teen). As you say, the Young Avengers would be affected too, and so would Ghost-Spider. I'd expect a bunch of one-shots and minis too. Strikeforce may be affected too because Wiccan is in it, and Avengers due to Ghost Rider.

    This kind of reminds me of Robin War - in which Gotham banned Robins after one of the kids from the We Are Robin book shot a cop.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    So this'll spinoff off of what happens in Incoming? Also, this might be 2020's big event
    Yes, it does.

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No, the Young Avengers are at least much older now than they were (In Marvel Comics #1000, they were all in a bar legally) and the Runaways were also aged up with this latest run by Rainbow Rowell.
    Legally, I think not. Cassie at least would've either needed a fake ID or be drinking soda.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #6
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post



    https://aux.avclub.com/marvel-s-teen...ive-1840337381

    A new status quo and something similar to SHRA but a ban on teen heroes.

    One shot done by Eve Ewing and Kim Jacinto in March and then I'm guessing will ripple through Ms. Marvel/Miles and the other young heroes.

    What makes this interesting is aren't the Young Avengers and Runaways also under 21 still?
    I would say so. The Runaways just recently went all out superheroe, getting new costumes and are being mentored by Doc Justice. Wiccan is part of Strikeforce .

  7. #7
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,977

    Default

    Wow, I really thought these kids were going to avoid this kind of thing. Uh Oh .

    I wonder what happens that sets this off. A teen hero gets killed or causes an incident on par with Stamford? I wonder if it'll be a name. It sounds like something bad happened to Viv.

    It seems kind of weird to me to just target the younger vigilante's instead of the older ones as well, but I guess from an authority perspective it's even more dangerous to leave minors out there doing the things the adult heroes do, even if it's not like the adult heroes have much more legitimate authority or professional standing by comparison.

    As far as consequences...well, I guess we'll see the teen heroes who agree with the law retiring, while the rest will become fugitives. Will some of them get arrested and outed? Will the adult heroes be expected to bring them in? Riri and Nadia have public identities, they're testifying publicly, so it's not like they could get away with being heroes anymore.

    If Eve Ewing is writing the new Champions book, I'm guessing the premise will be now the team has to be heroes while also being on the run from the law, so they might go underground. Of course that will also be true for solo books. I guess Miles will finally get a feel for what it's like when Spider-Man is wanted by the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No, the Young Avengers are at least much older now than they were (In Marvel Comics #1000, they were all in a bar legally) and the Runaways were also aged up with this latest run by Rainbow Rowell.
    They mention that some older heroes would be effected, so legal adults or borderline heroes close to 20/21 might be effected too depending on the age cap.

    Would the Agents of Atlas be effected? Crescent's a child, Cho is 18, and I think some of the female members are in their very early 20's.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,353

    Default

    This sounds cool. Obviously a new Champions series will follow from this. Glad that the team won't be without a book for too long.

  9. #9
    Incredible Member Nazrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Oh, my god! They're going to ban teenagers from participating in real world illegal activity?! The horror!

    I always find this, "should super powered individuals be able to do whatever they want without oversight or restriction?" stuff hilarious. (The answer is no, no they shouldn't.)
    Context is king.

    X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

  10. #10
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,775

    Default

    Those preview pages look very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin Richards
    Fragile creatures, we are taught to fear the Reaper!
    Ever running, we are dead before we meet Her!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Richards
    Fearless creatures, we all learn to fight the Reaper!
    Can't defeat Her, so instead I'll have to be Her!

  11. #11
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,977

    Default

    I do love how they throw Carol's screw-up with the kids in Civil War II in her face .

    Remember when Cap used to be against teen heroes? At least around the Young Avenger/Runaways era. He's come a long way since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Oh, my god! They're going to ban teenagers from participating in real world illegal activity?! The horror!

    I always find this, "should super powered individuals be able to do whatever they want without oversight or restriction?" stuff hilarious. (The answer is no, no they shouldn't.)
    I think it is an interesting concept to explore in Superhero comics, and from what I've read from Eve Ewing she'll explore it more adeptly and nuanced then Millar did.

    Even in the interview they bring up their might be a good point behind the law.

  12. #12
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,982

    Default

    Ok, this will make things interesting. I'm curious if there will any legal repercussion for parents or guardians

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So I guess we can expect Champions #1 (with the same creative team) in April? The preview is using the same caption fonts the team has always used. And yeah, this will definitely affect Runaways if it continues past issue 32 (they're only two years older than they started, thus everyone except for Chase is actually still a teen). As you say, the Young Avengers would be affected too, and so would Ghost-Spider. I'd expect a bunch of one-shots and minis too. Strikeforce may be affected too because Wiccan is in it, and Avengers due to Ghost Rider.
    I expect the Doc Justice arc of Runaways to have ended by then, so maybe they will be back to just being... runaways.

    Strikeforce won't get affected, since it's a secret team. And Billy maybe be 21 by now, like Kate.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  14. #14
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Ok, this will make things interesting. I'm curious if there will any legal repercussion for parents or guardians
    Most of them have secret identities, so it would only be an issue if they're arrested and outed to authorities...which could very well happen.

    I don't know about Riri's mom, but Janet would never tell Nadia to stop being a hero (granted, she was also pro-registration). I don't know if they would hold Janet accountable for anything Nadia does.

    I'm also not sure if they can hold Sam accountable for Joaquin or Patriot.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I expect the Doc Justice arc of Runaways to have ended by then, so maybe they will be back to just being... runaways.

    Strikeforce won't get affected, since it's a secret team. And Billy maybe be 21 by now, like Kate.
    It's been a while since the Runaways actually ran away from something, so assuming the book continues into this new status quo...we could see the team as fugitives again.

    They say some older heroes might be effected. A lot of the Young Avengers are 21, ditto the older New Warriors, so there might be something in the law that impacts them.

  15. #15
    Mighty Member mreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as consequences...well, I guess we'll see the teen heroes who agree with the law retiring, while the rest will become fugitives. Will some of them get arrested and outed? Will the adult heroes be expected to bring them in? Riri and Nadia have public identities, they're testifying publicly, so it's not like they could get away with being heroes anymore.
    I don't think they'll retire per se, Riri is already the rebellious type and Nadia can shrink down and be unseen. Plus Ewing likes them. The bigger issue is who pulls the Speedball and causes Stanford 2020? And how far this goes with the multiple teenheroes. I have to assume the endcap will be before 2021 since Spiderverse 2 and Ms. Marvel's show will out by then also Al Ewing's event.

    Runaways and YA? If it has been 2 years since both were introduced in the Marvel Timeline...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •