Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default OUTLAWED! (March 2020)

https://aux.avclub.com/marvel-s-teen...ive-1840337381

A new status quo and something similar to SHRA but a ban on teen heroes.

One shot done by Eve Ewing and Kim Jacinto in March and then I'm guessing will ripple through Ms. Marvel/Miles and the other young heroes.

What makes this interesting is aren't the Young Avengers and Runaways also under 21 still?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

https://aux.avclub.com/marvel-s-teen...ive-1840337381

A new status quo and something similar to SHRA but a ban on teen heroes.

One shot done by Eve Ewing and Kim Jacinto in March and then I'm guessing will ripple through Ms. Marvel/Miles and the other young heroes.

What makes this interesting is aren't the Young Avengers and Runaways also under 21 still?
    So this'll spinoff of what happens in Incoming? Also, this might be 2020's big event
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 12-10-2019 at 10:47 AM.

No, the Young Avengers are at least much older now than they were (In Marvel Comics #1000, they were all in a bar legally) and the Runaways were also aged up with this latest run by Rainbow Rowell.

Uh oh... I hope some D-list teen heroes won't get kileld to give Miles and Kamala popularcharacter-pain
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Wow, I really thought these kids were going to avoid this kind of thing. Uh Oh .

I wonder what happens that sets this off. A teen hero gets killed or causes an incident on par with Stamford? I wonder if it'll be a name. It sounds like something bad happened to Viv.

It seems kind of weird to me to just target the younger vigilante's instead of the older ones as well, but I guess from an authority perspective it's even more dangerous to leave minors out there doing the things the adult heroes do, even if it's not like the adult heroes have much more legitimate authority or professional standing by comparison.

As far as consequences...well, I guess we'll see the teen heroes who agree with the law retiring, while the rest will become fugitives. Will some of them get arrested and outed? Will the adult heroes be expected to bring them in? Riri and Nadia have public identities, they're testifying publicly, so it's not like they could get away with being heroes anymore.

If Eve Ewing is writing the new Champions book, I'm guessing the premise will be now the team has to be heroes while also being on the run from the law, so they might go underground. Of course that will also be true for solo books. I guess Miles will finally get a feel for what it's like when Spider-Man is wanted by the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No, the Young Avengers are at least much older now than they were (In Marvel Comics #1000, they were all in a bar legally) and the Runaways were also aged up with this latest run by Rainbow Rowell.
    They mention that some older heroes would be effected, so legal adults or borderline heroes close to 20/21 might be effected too depending on the age cap.

Would the Agents of Atlas be effected? Crescent's a child, Cho is 18, and I think some of the female members are in their very early 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as consequences...well, I guess we'll see the teen heroes who agree with the law retiring, while the rest will become fugitives. Will some of them get arrested and outed? Will the adult heroes be expected to bring them in? Riri and Nadia have public identities, they're testifying publicly, so it's not like they could get away with being heroes anymore.
    I don't think they'll retire per se, Riri is already the rebellious type and Nadia can shrink down and be unseen. Plus Ewing likes them. The bigger issue is who pulls the Speedball and causes Stanford 2020? And how far this goes with the multiple teenheroes. I have to assume the endcap will be before 2021 since Spiderverse 2 and Ms. Marvel's show will out by then also Al Ewing's event.

Runaways and YA? If it has been 2 years since both were introduced in the Marvel Timeline...

I am very much looking forward to this. And Sam isn't taking anyones crap in that last panel (Sam is my favorite)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I am very much looking forward to this. And Sam isn't taking anyones crap in that last panel (Sam is my favorite)
    Mine too (following it for Nova here)... am looking forward to this.
    Endeavor to persevere.

Civil War - the teen version. Because Marvel will not let that thing die.

Speedball didn't cause it, he just took the blame. Stamford was Nitro's fault, one of the villains the Warriors were fighting.

Wow, I really thought these kids were going to avoid this kind of thing. Uh Oh .

I wonder what happens that sets this off. A teen hero gets killed or causes an incident on par with Stamford? I wonder if it'll be a name. It sounds like something bad happened to Viv.

It seems kind of weird to me to just target the younger vigilante's instead of the older ones as well, but I guess from an authority perspective it's even more dangerous to leave minors out there doing the things the adult heroes do, even if it's not like the adult heroes have much more legitimate authority or professional standing by comparison.

If Eve Ewing is writing the new Champions book, I'm guessing the premise will be now the team has to be heroes while also being on the run from the law, so they might go underground. Of course that will also be true for solo books. I guess Miles will finally get a feel for what it's like when Spider-Man is wanted by the police.

They mention that some older heroes would be effected, so legal adults or borderline heroes close to 20/21 might be effected too depending on the age cap.

Would the Agents of Atlas be effected? Crescent's a child, Cho is 18, and I think some of the female members are in their very early 20's.
    Cho is actually 19. The team likely won't be affected since they're not based in the United States. I reckon Amadeus will just stay in Asia, and thus no longer be a Champion.

It can't be Viv who gets killed, she's with the team when they watch the news that announces this - that's what the Incoming teaser was about!

Most of them have secret identities, so it would only be an issue if they're arrested and outed to authorities...which could very well happen.

I don't know about Riri's mom, but Janet would never tell Nadia to stop being a hero (granted, she was also pro-registration). I don't know if they would hold Janet accountable for anything Nadia does.

I'm also not sure if they can hold Sam accountable for Joaquin or Patriot.

It's been a while since the Runaways actually ran away from something, so assuming the book continues into this new status quo...we could see the team as fugitives again.

They say some older heroes might be effected. A lot of the Young Avengers are 21, ditto the older New Warriors, so there might be something in the law that impacts them.
    Do the Champions have a Hindsight Lad? You know, the guy who stabs them all in the back by outing everyone?

G.I.R.L. is definitely in trouble. Not just Nadia, but also Priya and Finesse would fall foul of the law.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You know besides the Champions, Young Avengers, and Runaways there should probably be some concern for something like Fantastic Four and the Future Foundation as well as Power Pack. Those characters are all still under 21.

Also I wonder if it would apply to the X-men, though they are currently their own recognized nation state.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know besides the Champions, Young Avengers, and Runaways there should probably be some concern for something like Fantastic Four and the Future Foundation as well as Power Pack. Those characters are all still under 21.
    Now that you mention it, I can see the FF getting in trouble for letting Franklin and Valeria in on missions.

And it's not like they'll successfully be able to "ground" them.

Like AoA, it's not gonna effect the Mutants since they are Krakoa reps.

Niffleheim

I hope the teen villains also testify lol! I I wonder who can be in the teen villain list? FF and X-Men would also be affected by outlawed

I can see a Child services institutions for superheroes being created because of this lol!
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-10-2019 at 11:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speedball didn't cause it, he just took the blame. Stamford was Nitro's fault, one of the villains the Warriors were fighting.
    and damage control