Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

And not by me. I wonder... editor was called Lionheart0. They said "That is pretty blatant misrepresentation and not even really comparable."

Huntsman Spider, you basically said the same, is that you?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm curious if any arc from finished issues might leak before the issues are released. Or if artists will still be revealing sketches of issues they're working on if they're even still working on the books.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And not by me. I wonder... editor was called Lionheart0. They said "That is pretty blatant misrepresentation and not even really comparable."

Huntsman Spider, you basically said the same, is that you?
    Nope. I sadly do not have a TV Tropes account, though I do check out the site as frequently as my web browser will let me.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

List of all June and July releases:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/05/19/ma...art-to-empyre/
    Dammit. Apart from an issue of Miles Morales on June 10th, no Outlawed until the beginning of August at least - unless Ms. Marvel, Champions, Power Pack and New Warriors have all gone digital exclusive like Ghost-Spider did.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dammit. Apart from an issue of Miles Morales on June 10th, no Outlawed until the beginning of August at least - unless Ms. Marvel, Champions, Power Pack and New Warriors have all gone digital exclusive like Ghost-Spider did.
    Hopefully Marvel's revamped August solicitations will shed some light on what's going on. The radio silence on these books is really frustrating.

They better not make Champions go digital only, because I made sure to grab every variant I could for that series.

I can't help but feel that Covid-19 has killed this storyline.

I agree. If Champions goes digital only then it'll end up only being a mini series (the books they're sending to digital are ones that are either low selling minis about to end or cancelled ongoings). It won't just be Outlawed that got killed by the virus, but the Champions team itself. It'll be even worse if Kamala loses her book to this. I just hope it doesn't do serious harm to Eve Ewing's and Saladin Ahmed's comic book writing careers. Outlawed crashing down because of the virus would be a major blow to them.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-19-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I agree. If Champions goes digital only then it'll end up only being a mini series (the books they're sending to digital are ones that are either low selling minis about to end or cancelled ongoings). It won't just be Outlawed that got killed by the virus, but the Champions team itself. It'll be even worse if Kamala loses her book to this. I just hope it doesn't do serious harm to Eve Ewing's and Saladin Ahmed's comic book writing careers. Outlawed crashing down because of the virus would be a major blow to them.
    I'm not worried for Eve and Saladin. They're good writers and Marvel knows it. This is a situation that had a lot of outside factors, so no writer is to blame. Even if their books end up being cancelled, I'm sure they'll just move the writers to new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not worried for Eve and Saladin. They're good writers and Marvel knows it. This is a situation that had a lot of outside factors, so no writer is to blame. Even if their books end up being cancelled, I'm sure they'll just move the writers to new ones.
    I'm not really worried about them writing-wise, even if this was potentially a big break for them (although considering the sales for the current volume of Ms. Marvel and the Outlawed one-shot, maybe not), but I think this could also negatively impact the Champions brand and Marvel's younger-led comics as a whole.

Yeah, it definitely could. Like I said, it may not just be Outlawed that's going down, but Champions itself. I don't want that to happen. But it's not looking good.

2020 Ironheart is a DOUBLE event tie-in, as it's also set after the Outlawed one-shot.

spoilers:
    In fact, Riri doesn't suit up all issue, and her AI NATALIE gets corrupted and takes the armour herself.

I'm pretty sure this was set after Champions #2 - which should've been out by now originally - because Riri is referred to as being retired.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

You know, I was thinking this morning as I was reading Miles' issue today that this storyline has actually become way more topical than initially intended given the current state of events happening. Now I really don't want Marvel to can this storyline.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    You know, I was thinking this morning as I was reading Miles' issue today that this storyline has actually become way more topical than initially intended given the current state of events happening. Now I really don't want Marvel to can this storyline.
    I had the same thought before the issue was released, even if I think CRADLE has more of an ICE vibe then a police overreach vibe...

But that also makes me wonder if Marvel might can it because it's too topical...

So question about cradle. They want to keep young heroes from getting killed by--shooting at them with real guns? Is that right? What on earth? Why are they using guns on kids? Why not non lethal gadgets that catch the kids?

This makes no sense and this is a world where howard the duck, godzilla, planet terry and alf live!

They are even called "cradle". They should not be using any gun that kills on kids or teens.

Who says they're using standard ammo? Remember, they're dealing with super-powered teens. Looked to me like Dum Dum had some sort of taser.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I had the same thought before the issue was released, even if I think CRADLE has more of an ICE vibe then a police overreach vibe...

But that also makes me wonder if Marvel might can it because it's too topical...
    They can't can it completely - today's issue of Miles had the law in full effect and also mentioned Kamala's still in hospital (so it was set before her next issue which was also due on April Fools Day). I do believe Champions will end up as a mini-series though, and they'll end up repealing Kamala's Law at the end and relaunching next year. I'm not so sure New Warriors and Power Pack will make it out though. Those aren't as important as the other three books.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-10-2020 at 08:08 AM.