Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    "New" New Warriors to spin out of Outlawed

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...w-new-warriors

Oh my GOD. He really named two characters Snowflake and Safespace, LMAOOO. I actually like the idea behind these two characters and how it relates to their powers, though. It’s clever.

Screentime getting his powers after being exposed to “internet gas” should be something that doesn’t make any sense, but in the world of comics, I don’t even question it.

Trailblazer didn’t really catch my eye, but maybe that’s just because she seems like the most normal one out of the bunch.

B-Negative is my favorite so far. I really like his look and the connection to Morbius is pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Yes because comparing a game and a tv show to a theatrical big budget movie is totally a fair comparison.
    I have to give the advantage to Miles. When it comes to Kamala I always get the impression that people like the idea of the character more than actual character.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Is Rage allowed to be a hero? He was 13 years old when he joined the warriors. Back then most of the others were in their early 20s I guess. Has 8 years passed? And if he's now "of age" how old are the other original warriors? They were the same age as the new mutants, so they should be mid 20s by now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Is Rage allowed to be a hero? He was 13 years old when he joined the warriors. Back then most of the others were in their early 20s I guess. Has 8 years passed? And if he's now "of age" how old are the other original warriors? They were the same age as the new mutants, so they should be mid 20s by now.
    He was 18 during his appearances in Sam Wilson: Captain America by Nick Spencer, if I recall right, so it'd be more like five years in-universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Young enough that he himself should fall foul of the law. It's likely that Thrash is registered as his mentor, an apparent requirement for underage heroes.

Wasn't there a girl in Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat with an infinite space bag like Trailblazer's?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Young enough that he himself should fall foul of the law. It's likely that Thrash is registered as his mentor, an apparent requirement for underage heroes.

Wasn't there a girl in Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat with an infinite space bag like Trailblazer's?
    Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6 and Shaman from Alpha Flight had similar bags but i don't remember anyone from Hellcat.

Found it. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bailey_(Earth-616)

So Trailblazer is the fourth hero with that specific superpower?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Found it. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bailey_(Earth-616)

So Trailblazer is the fourth hero with that specific superpower?
    That's a new one to me. I love discovering new characters i missed!

BANNED

Well.... um... okay?

Ravin' Ray should've worded that differently, that link actually gives new info about the new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I have to give the advantage to Miles. When it comes to Kamala I always get the impression that people like the idea of the character more than actual character.
    Aside from other reasons that I really don't want to get into lest this thread becomes a complete quagmire, one particular reason I feel you to be kinda right in regards to Kamala is because of how she appears at first glance or surface level when it comes to the more easily consumable media.

Kamala's character and nuances are really explored in her solo series, but all the consumable media like tv and games mostly emphasizes her being a superhero fangirl.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Kamala's character and nuances are really explored in her solo series, but all the consumable media like tv and games mostly emphasizes her being a superhero fangirl.

Kind of why I am looking forward to that Disney+ series since it'll likely be the first adaptation to do a real deep dive into her character instead of just the surface level "superhero fangirl" archetype.

On other discussion, read todays issue.

spoilers:
    No two ways about it, as well intentioend as they were Viv and Power Man ended up screwing the pooch. Interesting that some of the New Warriors, Speedball and Timeslip are collaborating with CRADLE. It'd make for an interesting dialogue because on the one hand, they know from first hand experience the type of collateral consequences can result from their mistakes given how Super Hero Registration act started because of the New Warriors. On the other hand, it can make them come across as hypocrites to the younger heroes. Makes me wish again that Sam specifically had his own ongoing again.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Aside from other reasons that I really don't want to get into lest this thread becomes a complete quagmire, one particular reason I feel you to be kinda right in regards to Kamala is because of how she appears at first glance or surface level when it comes to the more easily consumable media.

The first time I enjoyed the character is Zub's Champions run. Under Zub's pen (I know he didn't use a pen, it just sounds cool to say) but she came off as a more well-adjusted Cyclops.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Folks sure do love to depict twins holding each other

Spoiler alert - read Outlawed before Ghost-Spider #8, it's a stealth tie-in, Peter tells Gwen what happened.