Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Where's gabby?

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Why is Kate there?

She's over 21.
    The law covers up to 21-year olds. That's why Kate is effected.

Yeah, theoretically the entire Young Avengers team is affected, except for Loki, who was de-aged at the time he was on the team, and Hulkling, who'll be off-world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Where's gabby?
    Presumably Krakoa - which is where Laura should be. Gabby's absence isn't the mistake, Laura's inclusion is. Mutants shouldn't have to worry about Outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Rage would be the only one under 21, I guess.
    Nobody from Avengers Academy, of course. (I mean the original cast members, of course. X23 and Lightspeed are not there as AA characters)
    Yeah, the New Warriors have grown up now - they were mostly actually about 19 or so in the first place, Namorita was at college and Justice - or Marvel Boy as he was back then - ended up doing jail time. Rage was the youngest member in the early days. He and Speedball were I think the only ones who actually had to go to school. It's no surprise that Sam Alexander is the only Warrior there. And he's obviously included because he's a Champion.

And yes, Julie is on there as part of Power Pack. If the Pack do indeed reunite, then that may be what Future Foundation's last issue was teasing.

It's odd that Runaways is represented by Molly, Old Lace, and Chase. Chase is the oldest Runaway, so if he's impacted, the entire team is.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-09-2020 at 08:32 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Cover to the one-shot has been revealed:

I wasn't convinced by the first variant, but now I'm really starting to think Speed will be a part of this. Good for him to come out of comic limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just realized there are no New Warriors (at least the classic ones) on that cover.
    Namorita could potentially be under 21 too, because the current version of her running around in the 616 universe is from an early NW period instead of the one who died on Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Why is Kate there?
    She's over 21.
    I'll never get tired of saying this, but Kate being 21 a few years ago was a total mistake. She was 17, 18 at best on Avengers: Children's Crusade (2010~2012) and suddenly turned 21 on Young Avengers (2013~2014). There's no way that 3/4 years had passed between both series, specially considering the sliding timescale. If Marvel is retconning that and saying that she is the same age as Tommy, like 20, maybe about to turn 21 but not quite there yet, I'm ok with that.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see the official ages established for some of the older heroes in there. Doreen, Gwen S., Gwen P., Laura, America, Chase, Amadeus, Alex, Julie, Victor, Robbie... All of them are likely between that 18~21 or slightly older range and I'm curious to see just where exactly Marvel is gonna pin each of them.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-09-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wasn't convinced by the first variant, but now I'm really starting to think Speed will be a part of this. Good for him to come out of comic limbo.

Namorita could potentially be under 21 too, because the current version of her running around in the 616 universe is from an early NW period instead of the one who died on Civil War.

I'll never get tired of saying this, but Kate being 21 a few years ago was a total mistake. She was 17, 18 at best on Avengers: Children's Crusade (2010~2012) and suddenly turned 21 on Young Avengers (2013~2014). There's no way that 3/4 years had passed between both series, specially considering the sliding timescale. If Marvel is retconning that and saying that she is the same age as Tommy, like 20, maybe about to turn 21 but not quite there yet, I'm ok with that.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see the official ages established for some of the older heroes in there. Doreen, Gwen S., Gwen P., Laura, America, Chase, Amadeus, Alex, Julie, Victor, Robbie... All of them are likely between that 18~21 or slightly older range and I'm curious to see just where exactly Marvel is gonna pin each of them.
    Is this a worldwide ban, because Amadeus is with the agents of atlas now.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Seems to be just a US law, but since Amadeus is right there on the cover, he could still be involved somehow. He is an american citizen, after all, so he could be impacted every time he goes home.

At least he can dodge Customs, thanks to Pinpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    No, United States. Which means that Locust, Snowguard, and X-23 can all escape it as well, by going home to Mexico, Canada, and Krakoa respectively.

As for ages for the characters DOV listed:

Squirrel Girl: "second year computer science student", according to her solo book's recap page. So she should be 20.
    Gwen Stacy: Was 19 when we first met her. Spent some time in jail (originally stated to be a year, but her new writer seems to have downsized it to a few months). Theoretically 20, but the jail time getting retconned and the fact we haven't seen her celebrate a birthday means she may still be 19.
    Gwenpool: 19. Confirmed in her solo book.
    X-23: Too young to drink alcohol in All-New Wolverine, so no older than 20.
    America Chavez: Went to college in her solo book. 19.
    Chase Stein: Two years have passed since the Runaways formed and he was 18 then. Now 20.
    Amadeus Cho: 19. Confirmed in his solo book.
    Alex Power: Was said to be 19 before Secret Wars and then was travelling the multiverse for five years with the Future Foundation. So he should biologically be 24. But as only a year passed for Johnny and Ben while the rest of the FF were away, Alex would legally be 20.
    Julie Power: Was established as being at college during Civil War II, but dropped out in the aftermath of her break-up with Karolina Dean in Runaways. 19.
    Victor Alvarez (Power Man): While he was on Al Ewing's Mighty and New Avengers teams, they did include several other teenagers. I think he's 20, and the oldest Champion (Amadeus being the team's second oldest member).
    Roberto Reyes: He's old enough to have legal custody of his younger brother, but young enough to have been in school before Secret Wars. Definitely not over 19.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Now that you mention it, this is the kind of premise that would kind of have to lead to a lot of characters' current ages getting pinned down because it's relevant to the plot unless we get generic lines like "you look young, you're under arrest."

Maybe the one-shot will have character backgrounds listing everyone's current ages.

Doh! Someone already made a point of this above me. Glad to see Gwen will be turning up here. Be curious to see how they handle her after Strikes Back.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 01-10-2020 at 05:21 AM.

BANNED

Now I think about it makes complete sense that X23 is in Outlawed. The ban is against teenage heroes fighting crime. Every character there could avoid problems just staying in home and not helping people until they are 21 , but they are heroes. They want to use their abilities to help people in all the world and going to Krakoa wouldnt solve the problem for them.

didn't he become a professional wrestler after serving time? i wonder when he'll meet the new Patriot (who he inspired to become a hero); unless it happened in one of those secret empire stories i didn't read.

Luciano Vecchio teased that a new project of his would be announced today. I thought it was going to be the book with Eve, but it wasn't, since that has another artist, so I'm wondering what it is and if it's going to be connected to Outlawed.

Could be Ironheart 2020.

It was for New Warriors. It will also be spinning out of Outlawed. Interestingly enough, the last time the New Warriors got a book was during the first Marvel NOW! era, which is also the last time the Young Avengers got a book. I'm just saying, if Marvel doesn't relaunch the YA this time around, I'll be specially pissed. Come on, Marvel, it's time!

Yay for the New Warriors .