Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Miles is more popular but they don't push him as hard sadly.
    I think he's getting more attention now but this being capped with a Kamala focus doesn't help and he can tell he got lost in the Spider Verse shuffle.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I think he's getting more attention now but this being capped with a Kamala focus doesn't help and he can tell he got lost in the Spider Verse shuffle.
    Good thing Spider-verse 2 will be much better than anything Kamala will be in. Sadly it's 2 years away.

Extraordinary Member

When it comes to Sam...I would like to see him leave the planet for a while...and this Outlawed thing could kind of mirror Rich being off world during Civil War. Have Sam hang out with the GoTG for a while (taking both his black helmet and Jesse's gold helmet) and have them find and rescue his dad...and Sam and Jesse come back to Earth with Jesse getting a job as security chief for a Project Pegasus facility in the Arizona desert.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Good thing Spider-verse 2 will be much better than anything Kamala will be in. Sadly it's 2 years away.
    I mean, is that certain? She's got the upcoming Avengers game and a Disney+ show coming up.

And that has always been a problem for me with the character. People grow up, they get married, they have kids...It is called life.
    Spidey was like that--in the 80s. Some great stories that didn't repeat the same stories for the last 30 years also. 80s spidey was great and really gave new life to spidey. Then that one more day crap reset him back again.

People weren't even all that aware that Spider-Man was a teenager when he started out
    Yet he was the size of a teen and sounded like a teen. That's a stretch. Maybe he took voice lessons to sound older and people thought he was really short? Didn't doc ock go to a high school to find out who spidey was in a early story? Ock knew he was a teen at least. Oh well it's 60s comics. You just go with it.

Funny thing was another hero came to spidey to be trained called bluebird. He not only refused to train her, he yelled at her at every move she made then forced her to stop being a hero. So she wanted to be a reporter like peter. She dies the next day in a car wreck running a red light wanting to film spidey! It was one of peters biggest mess ups and failures. Had he trained her she might be still alive today. Wonder if this will come into play in this event. Would give peter a reason to want to train young heroes.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 03-16-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yet he was the size of a teen and sounded like a teen. That's a stretch. Maybe he took voice lessons to sound older and people thought he was really short? Didn't doc ock go to a high school to find out who spidey was in a early story? Ock knew he was a teen at least. Oh well it's 60s comics. You just go with it.
    Silver Age Spidey didn't look that much like a teen. He wasn't as lanky as USM Spidey and the muffled voice and persona he projected came off a lot older.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Spidey was like that--in the 80s. Some great stories that didn't repeat the same stories for the last 30 years also. 80s spidey was great and really gave new life to spidey. Then that one more day crap reset him back again.

Funny thing was another hero came to spidey to be trained called bluebird. He not only refused to train her, he yelled at her at every move she made then forced her to stop being a hero. So she wanted to be a reporter like peter. She dies the next day in a car wreck running a red light wanting to film spidey! It was one of peters biggest mess ups and failures. Had he trained her she might be still alive today. Wonder if this will come into play in this event. Would give peter a reason to want to train young heroes.
    Good point there, and thanks for reminding me of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Silver Age Spidey didn't look that much like a teen. He wasn't as lanky as USM Spidey and the muffled voice and persona he projected came off a lot older.
    As far as I know, 616 Peter Parker has always stood at a height of 5'10", which is either average or slightly taller than average for an adult human male, not to mention that a lot of teen males in real life are at least that tall or even taller, depending on how puberty affects them. Of course, there's also the whole issue that popular media and culture has quite distorted the common view of what teenagers "should" look like, as hardly anyone that's supposed to be a teenager in a popular teen-focused/oriented series, at least before recently, has been played by an actual teenager. That needs to be accounted for as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They really could use bluebirds death in this story for spidey. I'm sure it would be something they could use for Spider-Man as it deals with a untrained hero who ended up dying.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, is that certain? She's got the upcoming Avengers game and a Disney+ show coming up.
    It's certain if the Spider-verse 2 is a good as part 1. The avengers game and that Disney+ show is not going to be as good as Spider-verse 1.

Yes because comparing a game and a tv show to a theatrical big budget movie is totally a fair comparison.

Not to mention that you're judging a book by it's cover. None of those are out yet, and the game is the only one of those three we've even seen footage of.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Here's a review for Outlawed, warning it does contain some minor spoiler
    https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/rev...nto-civil-war/

Sounds like spoilers:
    Viv comes dangerously close to getting destroyed.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

"New" New Warriors to spin out of Outlawed

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...w-new-warriors

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    "New" New Warriors to spin out of Outlawed

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...w-new-warriors

I love how one of these characters is essentially fat Dora!! Magical Backpack and all I hope she has a map too!!