Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Speedball didn't cause it, he just took the blame. Stamford was Nitro's fault, one of the villains the Warriors were fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, I really thought these kids were going to avoid this kind of thing. Uh Oh .

I wonder what happens that sets this off. A teen hero gets killed or causes an incident on par with Stamford? I wonder if it'll be a name. It sounds like something bad happened to Viv.

It seems kind of weird to me to just target the younger vigilante's instead of the older ones as well, but I guess from an authority perspective it's even more dangerous to leave minors out there doing the things the adult heroes do, even if it's not like the adult heroes have much more legitimate authority or professional standing by comparison.

As far as consequences...well, I guess we'll see the teen heroes who agree with the law retiring, while the rest will become fugitives. Will some of them get arrested and outed? Will the adult heroes be expected to bring them in? Riri and Nadia have public identities, they're testifying publicly, so it's not like they could get away with being heroes anymore.

If Eve Ewing is writing the new Champions book, I'm guessing the premise will be now the team has to be heroes while also being on the run from the law, so they might go underground. Of course that will also be true for solo books. I guess Miles will finally get a feel for what it's like when Spider-Man is wanted by the police.

They mention that some older heroes would be effected, so legal adults or borderline heroes close to 20/21 might be effected too depending on the age cap.

Would the Agents of Atlas be effected? Crescent's a child, Cho is 18, and I think some of the female members are in their very early 20's.
    Cho is actually 19. The team likely won't be affected since they're not based in the United States. I reckon Amadeus will just stay in Asia, and thus no longer be a Champion.

It can't be Viv who gets killed, she's with the team when they watch the news that announces this - that's what the Incoming teaser was about!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most of them have secret identities, so it would only be an issue if they're arrested and outed to authorities...which could very well happen.

I don't know about Riri's mom, but Janet would never tell Nadia to stop being a hero (granted, she was also pro-registration). I don't know if they would hold Janet accountable for anything Nadia does.

I'm also not sure if they can hold Sam accountable for Joaquin or Patriot.

It's been a while since the Runaways actually ran away from something, so assuming the book continues into this new status quo...we could see the team as fugitives again.

They say some older heroes might be effected. A lot of the Young Avengers are 21, ditto the older New Warriors, so there might be something in the law that impacts them.
    Do the Champions have a Hindsight Lad? You know, the guy who stabs them all in the back by outing everyone?

G.I.R.L. is definitely in trouble. Not just Nadia, but also Priya and Finesse would fall foul of the law.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You know besides the Champions, Young Avengers, and Runaways there should probably be some concern for something like Fantastic Four and the Future Foundation as well as Power Pack. Those characters are all still under 21.

Also I wonder if it would apply to the X-men, though they are currently their own recognized nation state.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Niffleheim

I hope the teen villains also testify lol! I I wonder who can be in the teen villain list? FF and X-Men would also be affected by outlawed

I can see a Child services institutions for superheroes being created because of this lol!
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-10-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know besides the Champions, Young Avengers, and Runaways there should probably be some concern for something like Fantastic Four and the Future Foundation as well as Power Pack. Those characters are all still under 21.
    Now that you mention it, I can see the FF getting in trouble for letting Franklin and Valeria in on missions.

And it's not like they'll successfully be able to "ground" them.

Like AoA, it's not gonna effect the Mutants since they are Krakoa reps.

Yeah, the X-Men will just offer mutants amnesty.

The preview raises a good point - Steve Rogers was in fact a teen hero himself when he first started out. He was only 18 when he became Cap.

Hmm, I wonder if Magnificent Ms. Marvel is relaunching? "Coles Disaster"? Coles Academical is the name of Kamala's school, sounds like it gets destroyed. That would massively change her status quo.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Sanctions lol!

Extraordinary Member

Interesting follow up on the SHRA, not that I recall the exact purpose of Avengers Academy, but please if the rest of the book is full of cliches I will pass. I just don't find panel after panel of people shouting things that do not even matter to the story very worthwhile reading.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Interesting follow up on the SHRA, not that I recall the exact purpose of Avengers Academy, but please if the rest of the book is full of cliches I will pass. I just don't find panel after panel of people shouting things that do not even matter to the story very worthwhile reading.
    It is a follow up to Incoming, plus this one shot could extend to other POV from the young heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the X-Men will just offer mutants amnesty.

The preview raises a good point - Steve Rogers was in fact a teen hero himself when he first started out. He was only 18 when he became Cap.
    He was also enlisted in the army; screened, trained and controlled.

So some tragedy causes the government to step in on teen heroes and outlaw them. So we Civil War 3: Children’s Crusade now huh?

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    We might actually see some teen heroes jump to Krakoa if they can rather then stay and be arrested for being heroes.

About The Ya Age Teddy was 18 in volume 2 so IDK if it's been 2 years since then but I'm willing to bet a solid 20 is where he's at, Billy and Tommy probably 19, Kate and Eli were about the same age if I recall she turned 21 in volume 2 So I'd place them at 23. IDK WTF **** Cassie's got going on!

Cassie can't be older than 17. In Ant-Man and the Wasp, Scott told Nadia his daughter was the same age as her. Nadia's been said to be 16, but isn't sure herself since she doesn't know when her birthday is.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2019 at 12:00 PM.

That’s what I was thinking. This could be what leads several mutant teens who otherwise wouldn’t have had anything to do with Krakoa to now joining the country after being declared criminals for vigilantism. That would at least grant them a bit of leeway if they were to go out and fight now but they may address how dual citizenship with a mutant nation impacts the law if it does at all.