Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

My thoughts on the one-shot:

spoilers:
    Why does Miles have a friend from school who looks like an older Moon Girl? And who we've never seen in his solo book?

"Concerned Scientists of America." I know Kamala and Miles went to their school's science fair, but they're not scientists.

Wait, this lecturer is supposed to be 16? She looks older then the actual teenagers in this book.

I hold Victor mostly responsible because he was in a rush to go the super-aggressive way. Did Danny/Iron Fist teach this kid nothing? Although Viv going all "Leeroy Jenkins" didn't help.

If this event leads to anything, it's that I hope the Champions finally come off their high horse about the adult heroes. They are supposedly all about being better and not making the same mistakes but they made the same kind of screw-up the adult heroes would.

Did anyone else get ICE vibes from CRADLE? Especially when they're knocking on doors to detain people, or like when they arrest Snowguard and Locust who aren't from America. It makes me curious how they're locking these kids up, because I doubt they want to get hit with a "kids in cages" complaint.

In before someone accuses the New Warriors of "selling out," but they probably know more then anyone how badly something like this can spiral out.

I love how Lunella's parents are trying to hide her when she would probably be the first one to open the door to tell off the CRADLE agents trying to take her into custody.

Who is CRADLE at the West Coast Avengers headquarters to take in? Gwenpoole and Quire are on Krakoa. Are the other members other then Kate under 21 (Fuse, America, Fuse's sister)?

Jake Oh? Isn't he the guy Amadeus Cho was palling around with in his Hulk book? Is he going to be the CRADLE rep going after the underage Agents of Atlas? I have no idea who Carolina Washington is.

So they raided the Champions headquarters and where Riri works...is a raid on Pym Labs next to apprehend Nadia and GIRL? Her identity is public, so it seems the obvious thing to do. Maybe Janet got them all out of there.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

i already mentioned this, but it needs reiterating
    this event is about outlawing kid heroes to protect them, but they're sending heavily armed chradle agents to detain them

As far as the champions moral grandstanding goes, i thought it was more about their civil wars and apathy for collateral that made them make the team (though i remember kamala in magnificent ms. marvel seemed a little flippant about the collateral herself in issue 1), rather than competence.

Incredible Member

Once again Speedball and Justice being hypocritical and causing problems.

This escalated quickly. Really wonder how they're going to enforce it.

BANNED

I can't help but feel that Marvel has missed the boat with Outlawed. All this discussion over whether super heroes need to be regulated was cute when Civil War 1 was new but times change. My Hero Academia has essentially normalised the concept of a 'hero license', with super heroes operating as public servants and having their income supplemented by sponsorship deals. So having the Champions throwing a tantrum now about being regulated just makes them seen out of touch compared to the political sensibilities of their teenage readership.

The problem is that the execution makes it less "we need to protect teens from hurting themselves" and more "REEEEEEEE MILLENNIALS ARE RUINING EVERYTHING!!!".

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I can't help but feel that Marvel has missed the boat with Outlawed. All this discussion over whether super heroes need to be regulated was cute when Civil War 1 was new but times change. My Hero Academia has essentially normalised the concept of a 'hero license', with super heroes operating as public servants and having their income supplemented by sponsorship deals. So having the Champions throwing a tantrum now about being regulated just makes them seen out of touch compared to the political sensibilities of their teenage readership.
    It fits the kind of world of MHA but the Marvel Universe is a completely different environment with it's own story sensibilities.

Great statup. Loved the issue. I'll keep up with Miles, Champions, and New Warriors.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, MHA isn't exactly the shining beacon since their system has been building up to be fragile as hell, what with Endeavor of all people becoming the new poster hero.

That and if we're keeping it 100%, there's no reason to regulate some Super heroes and not all of them, especially when it's been Tony and his contemporaries who's caused the most issues in society. I mean, World War Hulk, the Phoenix Force drama in Avengers vs. X-Men, everything about Civil War 2 and Secret Empire. lol

Or the time the Government gave the keys to Norman Osborn.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It fits the kind of world of MHA but the Marvel Universe is a completely different environment with it's own story sensibilities.
    Marvel is the world outside you window. That's a world increasing shaped by Izuku Midoriya of class 1-A, not Kamala Khan and her outmoded defintion of heroism. Marvel (and the Champions) needs to get with the program.

Marvel is the world outside you window. That's a world increasing shaped by Izuku Midoriya of class 1-A, not Kamala Khan and her outmoded defintion of heroism. Marvel (and the Champions) needs to get with the program.
    That hasn't really been true for decades in my opinion.

I love Deku, but he's not in a Marvel comic.

BANNED

world outside my window is pretty messed up

and has more shades of marvel in its overreaches of authority than mha

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    You can get more info on the new new New Warriors here.
    heh new new
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Ithe Phoenix Force drama in Avengers vs. X-Men[/B][/I].
    So few properly blame Tony and the Avengers for this.

Thank You!

-Cyclops

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They are supposedly all about being better and not making the same mistakes but they made the same kind of screw-up the adult heroes would. [/SPOIL]
    This is me. 100%. I so wholeheartedly believed that my generation was going to do better than the last, but second verse same as the first. I feel this.

As for the series, they Panicked and Vision loses Viv for the 3rd time (i believe)...wouldn't the Adult Mentors intervene before Laws were rushed and Task Forces created? Civil War was also a set-up, in case people forgot Nitro was on MGH and i believe the situation ended up being nudged in the background so the Warriors knew where to find the group.
    This was Panic by the young heroes, in case anyone is looking for differences....but it feels like Civil War 3 but relegated to a 1-shot.