Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    As for the series, they Panicked and Vision loses Viv for the 3rd time (i believe)...wouldn't the Adult Mentors intervene before Laws were rushed and Task Forces created? Civil War was also a set-up, in case people forgot Nitro was on MGH and i believe the situation ended up being nudged in the background so the Warriors knew where to find the group.
    This was Panic by the young heroes, in case anyone is looking for differences....but it feels like Civil War 3 but relegated to a 1-shot.
    Civil War 3: Youth in Revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, MHA isn't exactly the shining beacon since their system has been building up to be fragile as hell, what with Endeavor of all people becoming the new poster hero.

That and if we're keeping it 100%, there's no reason to regulate some Super heroes and not all of them, especially when it's been Tony and his contemporaries who's caused the most issues in society. I mean, World War Hulk, the Phoenix Force drama in Avengers vs. X-Men, everything about Civil War 2 and Secret Empire. lol

Or the time the Government gave the keys to Norman Osborn.
    Exactly, this entire argument is "It's completely fine for this group of untrained and unregulated people to fight crime, but not this other group because they're under the legal drinking age". Any of the kids could join the military on their own (or with their parents permission) and be sent off to kill in a war but, fighting crime (non lethally at that) and suddenly they need some vague form of training and supervision. Besides the ones that have explicitly worked for SHIELD which of the adult heroes have had any actual training? I want to know what this training entails because whatever it is I highly doubt most heroes have had it taught to them. I can't understand anyone saying the kids need the supervision but the adults don't. And as others have mentioned compared to other superhero accidents this is about as tame as it gets no one even died which is very impressive considering a building collapsed.

Civil War - the teen version. Because Marvel will not let that thing die.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    you know... i thought it couldn't get more moronic then civil war.
    Then came civil war 2.. i thought ok they've hit rock bottom.
    Then came this.....what comes below rock bottom?
    Scraping the bottom of the barrel? For the stoners, smoking the bong water without adding pot? Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Civil War 3: Youth in Revolt.
    Civil War Threen......yeah, i said it......*smack**thud**kick*
    Last edited by gambit2051; 03-18-2020 at 09:33 PM. Reason: auto correct error
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    you know... i thought it couldn't get more moronic then civil war.
    Then came civil war 2.. i thought ok they've hit rock bottom.
    Then came this.....what comes below rock bottom?
    I will resist the obvious political jokes lol

except that one setting off your Own Imaginations
    Last edited by gambit2051; 03-18-2020 at 09:36 PM. Reason: addition
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Hmm, I liked it enough and will admit being interested to see where things go to buy the rest of the story. No choice in the matter anyway since I read Ms. Marvel, but yeah it's hard not to see this as another Civil War event just without the name. No matter how they're gonna try to make some sort of dilemma or serious topic out of it, it sounds like in the end it will really boil down to...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Exactly, this entire argument is "It's completely fine for this group of untrained and unregulated people to fight crime, but not this other group because they're under the legal drinking age". Any of the kids could join the military on their own (or with their parents permission) and be sent off to kill in a war but, fighting crime (non lethally at that) and suddenly they need some vague form of training and supervision. Besides the ones that have explicitly worked for SHIELD which of the adult heroes have had any actual training? I want to know what this training entails because whatever it is I highly doubt most heroes have had it taught to them. I can't understand anyone saying the kids need the supervision but the adults don't. And as others have mentioned compared to other superhero accidents this is about as tame as it gets no one even died which is very impressive considering a building collapsed.
    I agree, it would be hypocritical to say that younger super heroes need regulation but adults don't. So, taking the idea to its logical conclusion, I beleive that Kamals's Law should apply to all super heroes. The honest truth is that Iron Man should've won Civil War and made the Registration Act a permanent part of the Marvel Universe. Perhaps then Marvel might've evolved a little, instead of retreading the same old ground and becoming increasingly out of touch with the modern world.

This looks awful and how do they know how old everyone is? Do they have to get a Superhero age card to carry around? It's just stupid. Looks almost as bad as the New Warriors which looks like the biggest turd Marvel may have ever released. How does C.B. let this junk even get out of the idea room?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It fits the kind of world of MHA but the Marvel Universe is a completely different environment with it's own story sensibilities.
    Well the Marvel Universe did have those story sensibilities in The Initiative. So It is not out of realm of possibility for Marvel . MHA is putting on clinic Superhero genre and it isn't real hard for Marvel to transition to something similar they already but reverted because.....tradition in the real world and comic world they put Norman Osborn in charge of Shield..Sigh.

As for Outlawed it was pretty solid, I will wait to see escalate before judging it to harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    This looks awful and how do they know how old everyone is? Do they have to get a Superhero age card to carry around?
    That's a valid point. But it's publicly known that Ms. Marvel is a teenager, and if it wasn't already known the younger Spider-Man was a teen, that fact was outed in recent issues of Miles's book - he's now known to be one of the students at Brooklyn Visions. Ironheart and Nadia don't have secret identities and have been running teen science groups.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I agree, it would be hypocritical to say that younger super heroes need regulation but adults don't. So, taking the idea to its logical conclusion, I beleive that Kamals's Law should apply to all super heroes. The honest truth is that Iron Man should've won Civil War and made the Registration Act a permanent part of the Marvel Universe. Perhaps then Marvel might've evolved a little, instead of retreading the same old ground and becoming increasingly out of touch with the modern world.
    The next event will be super hero licensure...not saying all powered people need to be conscripted...but if you want to act as a super hero then you need to be licensed and carry insurance and such.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Iron Man did win civil war, and the SHRA did become a part of the Marvel universe for like 4 years.
    The problem is that it was too easily exploitable and got taken over by Osborn.

All government intervention in marvel only exists to at best show them as incompetent and obstructive, or at worst fascist

The only positive logical conclusion of marvel would be to have a stateless society and volunteer heroes

This sounds like ass tbh

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    So few properly blame Tony and the Avengers for this.

Thank You!

-Cyclops
    That one was alway the most egregious for me because they literally used Scott as the sole scapegoat and washed their hands of it by forming the Unity Squad to save face lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.