Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I guess I'm just leaning more towards Sam's standpoint of there are many other things endangering children but they want to obstruct the people most capable of helping themselves. Not to mention the impetus of this is law is vastly overblown, it made sense during the first Civil War because hundreds of people died the current situation doesn't equal that at all. This incident was no worse than any other superhero confrontation, so why are these actions really needed? If these were adult heroes in this situation would this be happening? It's like Miles said they haven't made anymore mistakes than any other heroes have and if we're being honest they've made far less.
    I guess it would probably be more justified if there was more of a buildup to a need for accountability among young Superheroes, but a screw-up is still a screw-up on their part. I guess it just lit the fire of questioning whether these kids should be doing all this unsupervised if on their own they can cause such a mess.

So is the event gong to be put on hold or go digital with diamond shutting down?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So is the event gong to be put on hold or go digital with diamond shutting down?
    I mean, they've got the work on the first issues done at this point so I have to imagine they'll just go for digital releases rather then just release nothing depending on how long print comics get delayed for.

There might be a negative impact on sales (or maybe they'll do better digitally) but not a lot of ideal options in this situation.

Agreed. To quote from Bart the Genius: "You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't". It's a no-win situation. Whatever Marvel, DC, and the rest do, someone's going to be annoyed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Agreed. To quote from Bart the Genius: "You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't". It's a no-win situation. Whatever Marvel, DC, and the rest do, someone's going to be annoyed.
    Let them be annoyed.

For those who can they should be working on getting as much complete and ready to go. So when this clears up, all books are ready to head to printers and lessen the damage as much as possible.

If it means doing trade only for some-do it.

Because right now who is sitting at home with no money? Mostly creators and freelancers-some who can't claim unemployment.

If digital can get some of them money-so be it. Heck if you tell everyone to make stand alone one issue stories like we use to see. Do it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm, I guess we'll have to wait and see, won't we?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless Marvel has found a way to bypass Diamond, that's very optimistic. Issue 1 won't even be out on May 27th as things stand.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Unless Marvel has found a way to bypass Diamond, that's very optimistic. Issue 1 won't even be out on May 27th as things stand.
    switch to digital completely

Oof! Look what MagiMecha just added to TV Tropes!
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/Outlawed
    Quote Originally Posted by TV Tropes
    Harsher in Hindsight: The one-shot was released just before the Novel Coronavirus outbreak struck, an odd irony between the story and the crisis as both have young people flaunting their youth and trying to stick it to the government trying to protect them. The big difference here is that, in real life, the flaunting is threatening real lives here.
    So the Champions and other teen heroes are getting compared to those numbskulls who keep disobeying social distancing and lockdown laws.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So the Champions and other teen heroes are getting compared to those numbskulls who keep disobeying social distancing and lockdown laws.
    That's about as blatant a misinterpretation as anything. For one, the regulations in Outlawed are specifically targeting superhumans under 21, whereas the social distancing measures in real life are supposed to apply to everyone regardless of age. For another, if the Champions are fighting against anything, it's the hypocrisy of adults who may not necessarily be trying to protect them so much as assuaging their own guilty consciences after years of inaction and apathy on their part contributed to the inciting incident of Outlawed. I mean, people can get on the Champions' case all they want, but in the meantime, who's pointing out that that rally they were trying to protect was initially attacked by a creature weaponized by Roxxon and also backed up by Roxxon goons? Anyone? Really, after all the crap Roxxon's done over the years, especially circa War of the Realms, the fact that it's allowed to continue operating says more about the moral complacency, if not downright moral failure, of those now wanting to assert their authority as adults than it does about the teenagers flouting said authority.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I didn't even know this had it's own TV Tropes page. Not that they'll probably be able to update it for a while. It even refers to the Schedule Slip trope .

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the ICE comparison.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Yeah the tvtropes YMMV pages tends to be mostly trash because people will like to post their own hot takes and try to pass them off as the consensus lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

That's why it's called YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary. In other words, that's exactly what that page is for. It's not meant to be a concensus, it's opinions that not everyone will agree with.

Frontier, I'm actually the one who made the page for Outlawed (as well as Empyre). I'm also the one who added the Schedule Slip trope after last weeks comics didn't come out.

Looks like it has been removed. A smart decision in my opinion.