Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Who says they're using standard ammo? Remember, they're dealing with super-powered teens. Looked to me like Dum Dum had some sort of taser.
    Yeah, I would have to assume they're using non-lethal methods.
    They can't can it completely - today's issue of Miles had the law in full effect and also mentioned Kamala's still in hospital (so it was set before her next issue which was also due on April Fools Day). I do believe Champions will end up as a mini-series though, and they'll end up repealing Kamala's Law at the end and relaunching next year. I'm not so sure New Warriors and Power Pack will make it out though. Those aren't as important as the other three books.
    They already have production and art done on a few issues of those books though. I don't see what would be the point of releasing Champions and not the other mini's even if they didn't finish them.

Ultimate Member

Who says they're using standard ammo? Remember, they're dealing with super-powered teens. Looked to me like Dum Dum had some sort of taser.

They can't can it completely - today's issue of Miles had the law in full effect and also mentioned Kamala's still in hospital (so it was set before her next issue which was also due on April Fools Day). I do believe Champions will end up as a mini-series though, and they'll end up repealing Kamala's Law at the end and relaunching next year. I'm not so sure New Warriors and Power Pack will make it out though. Those aren't as important as the other three books.
    People have already paid for that first Warriors issue.

The book is still listed on subscriptions on marvel's page.

I did notice Miles Morales 17 is no longer listed and my number of issues remaining is 9 with 1 being processed. That number should be 8 with 9 being the one processed now.

Pretty much any book that has come out have been removed from subscription page.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I would have to assume they're using non-lethal methods.

They already have production and art done on a few issues of those books though. I don't see what would be the point of releasing Champions and not the other mini's even if they didn't finish them.
    The subscription page lists Champions 1& 2. New Warriors lists 1-3. Power Pack has one book listed with 4 variants and a relase date of 2029.

***sigh*** 2029? Those are clearly placeholders.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #14 is showing up in September, so that makes two Outlawed books that are seeing print.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #14 is showing up in September, so that makes two Outlawed books that are seeing print.
    Maybe they're saving the Outlawed books for October?

Ghost-Spider's solicits lied. Issue 10 was advertised as an Outlawed tie-in. It wasn't, but the new law and Kamala's situation were mentioned in issues 8 and 9, which weren't advertised as tie-ins. I guess they brought that forward because the book was ending (#10 was the last issue). The way it ended, I wonder if Gwen will be involved in upcoming Outlawed stories... spoilers:
    She's on 616 full time now, after Sue Storm-65 and Johnny Storm-65 blackmailed her into skipping town. Which means Miles can now recruit her as a Champion, which he suggested back in Waid's Champions #16.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Poor Eve Ewing has to re-read the script of a comic that doesn't look like it's coming out anytime soon...

I do feel like Outlawed is a little more topical now then it was before even if I think CRADLE has more in common with ICE than police overreach.

The fact she's re-reading an old script is a good sign, as that probably means she's about to start writing more issues. The re-read would be to make sure she doesn't contradict herself. It can be easy to forget the details after three months of inactivity.

Speaking of which, considering that the Outlawed one-shot was released in March and it'll be October - more than six months later - before Champions #1 comes out, I think they ought to give away the digital edition of the one-shot the week before Champions finally launches. It'll be on Marvel Unlimited already as well by then.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-22-2020 at 01:03 PM.

The fact she's re-reading an old script is a good sign, as that probably means she's about to start writing more issues. The re-read would be to make sure she doesn't contradict herself. It can be easy to forget the details after three months of inactivity.

Speaking of which, considering that the Outlawed one-shot was released in March and it'll be October - more than six months later - before Champions #1 comes out, I think they ought to give away the digital edition of the one-shot the week before Champions finally launches. It'll be on Marvel Unlimited already as well by then.
    A good idea if Marvel hopes to try and regenerate any hype the series had going forward before everything went to @%$# for awhile. A marvel video trailer for the book or a breakdown preview featuring Eve talking about the series would also help. In any case I'm just glad Champions didn't get the chopping block. I need my Marvel Teen Trinity fix.

With any luck Simone Di Meo was able to finish drawing the first arc or two before he jumped onto Al Ewing's indie comic.

Well, there's probably a few reasons why she'd check out a good script, but I hope for the best for the series nonetheless .

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    She replied to someone on that tweet saying ''coming soon'', so it looks like it's safe to at least say it hasn't been cancelled and she might've been told about a release date.