Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Not bad idea for a story these aspects of super heroes stories should be covered in a way that makes sense. It is not like anything is being hurt if they made the super hero age 21 in marvel.They either become a vigilante which means the tropes of the genre become more important like secret identity and avoid the law even though they are doing good. OR oversight becomes more of a thing we get something like my hero academy in Marvel which isn't a bad thing and you get something like Strange Academy.

Because of how the genre works less heroes who are under 18 is better imo. Remember characters don't get aged up(see X-men) to keep older characters at their peak and younger heroes tend not to be taken seriously in big stories which hurts their ability to become the next big hero. So if there is a shift of young hero being 15 -18 to 17 -23. The young heroes are better off because 18 is a better threshold for stories and you can have hero who you can comfortably have working,having sex and being relationship so being trapped at that age works out better. It is a little more realistic and Metawise it is better for the hero stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Not bad idea for a story these aspects of super heroes stories should be covered in a way that makes sense. It is not like anything is being hurt if they made the super hero age 21 in marvel.They either become a vigilante which means the tropes of the genre become more important like secret identity and avoid the law even though they are doing good. OR oversight becomes more of a thing we get something like my hero academy in Marvel which isn't a bad thing and you get something like Strange Academy.

Because of how the genre works less heroes who are under 18 is better imo. Remember characters don't get aged up(see X-men) to keep older characters at their peak and younger heroes tend not to be taken seriously in big stories which hurts their ability to become the next big hero. So if there is a shift of young hero being 15 -18 to 17 -23. The young heroes are better off because 18 is a better threshold for stories and you can have hero who you can comfortably have working,having sex and being relationship so being trapped at that age works out better. It is a little more realistic and Metawise it is better for the hero stories.
    Could be really good or could be really terrible. Like the argument about how people can't drink until 21 here in America but can go to war at 18.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The "Government Outlaws Heroes!" thing has kinda been done to death but if I can get a new Nova series out of this I don't really care.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

So the avengers were ok with teen heros geting kidnapped and forced to fight to the death in avengers arena but not when the government says "they keep dying and you ignore the mental health problems caused by all the crap they go through" ?

Spider-man stared out as a teen also and how old was the invisible girl and marvel girl when they started?

What about the 50 states teens? They were trained and got the ok from the government to be heroes. They more or less got a "we can fight crime by law" card. What's going to happen with them?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speedball didn't cause it, he just took the blame. Stamford was Nitro's fault, one of the villains the Warriors were fighting.
    and damage control

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Spider-man stared out as a teen also and how old was the invisible girl and marvel girl when they started?

What about the 50 states teens? They were trained and got the ok from the government to be heroes. They more or less got a "we can fight crime by law" card. What's going to happen with them?
    The basic description is the law impacts people under 21. We do not know anything about what the law actually does or does not allow. For example, the card carrying government heroes may still be allowed to operate but maybe under stricter conditions.

So any guesses as to who the first heroes will be who retire or get arrested?

Squirrel Girl's book just ended so I wonder how this will impact her. Ditto Moon Girl.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie can't be older than 17. In Ant-Man and the Wasp, Scott told Nadia his daughter was the same age as her. Nadia's been said to be 16, but isn't sure herself since she doesn't know when her birthday is.
    IIRC...was 15 at the start of the Ant Man series when they moved to Miami...and had a birthday in the Ant Man and Wasp in the microverse limited. So I would put her at 16 now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, I really thought these kids were going to avoid this kind of thing. Uh Oh .

I wonder what happens that sets this off.
    Isn't there someone missing since a certain book and Marvel Rising cartoon came out?
    He use to hang around Falcon-who a certain book has forgotten exists while a certain writer deconstructed Wakanda.

If Eli Bradley is running around-what does that mean for Rayshuan?

Who is the newest teen hero (if you don't count Starling).

Which would mean the Avengers get called out again for failing him and the Avenger Academy kids.

I am sure Hazmat has some choice words.

And wouldn't the X-Men get called for the piles of dead kids they have?

As for the Fantastic Four & Powerpack- at least those kids stay alive. SO why bother them?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Oh, my god! They're going to ban teenagers from participating in real world illegal activity?! The horror!

I always find this, "should super powered individuals be able to do whatever they want without oversight or restriction?" stuff hilarious. (The answer is no, no they shouldn't.)
    The SHRA went too far with conscripting all super powered people...and weren't some of them underage?? But Licensure and oversight for those who want to fight crime would be an interesting angle to explore. "Hey..Spider-Man...thanks for stopping the Rhino....now pay for the car you destroyed by throwing it at him."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Isn't there someone missing since a certain book and Marvel Rising cartoon came out?
    He use to hang around Falcon-who a certain book has forgotten exists while a certain writer deconstructed Wakanda.

The newest teen hero is probably Pinpoint, as he only debuted in January when Champions last relaunched. Eli and Rayshaun will just share the Patriot mantle like how Sam and Joaquin are both Falcon.

Saladin Ahmed has confirmed on Twitter that both of his books will be tying in. Not really surprising considering those books are Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales.
    https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...50505877012481
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Which would mean the Avengers get called out again for failing him and the Avenger Academy kids.

I am sure Hazmat has some choice words.

And wouldn't the X-Men get called for the piles of dead kids they have?

As for the Fantastic Four & Powerpack- at least those kids stay alive. SO why bother them?
    The X-Men are their own nation state. You can't touch them.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That’s what I was thinking. This could be what leads several mutant teens who otherwise wouldn’t have had anything to do with Krakoa to now joining the country after being declared criminals for vigilantism. That would at least grant them a bit of leeway if they were to go out and fight now but they may address how dual citizenship with a mutant nation impacts the law if it does at all.
    I've gotten plenty of flak on the X-forums for this, whenever I bring up the possibility that when a mutant moves to Krakoa and gains its citizenship, if he still retains his birth citizenship or if it is discarded be it voluntarily or automatically. Could "Outlawed," if it tries to involve mutantkind, be the trigger that finally cements my fear of "If you're a mutant you're exclusively a Krakoan citizen, and can carry no other citizenship"? This COULD protect mutant teens in the US from legal repercussions of the "teen vigilante" crackdown, but that of course means a re-intensified exodus to Krakoa, reinforcing the image that all Earth's mutants have to be there, can ONLY be there.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 12-10-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

And if you don't count Red Locust, Snowguard and Pinpoint.

Buy yes, if there are several casualties, he is one of the most likely to bite the dust. To make room for Eli..
    Looks like something bad happened to Viv too.
    And I'm a bit worried about Bombshell. Killing the white girl would give them less backlash from Champion's readers.

But Power Man, Red Locust and Pinpoint are not safe either.

Snowguard is the less likely to be killed.

Of course, there are also reservists like Cloud 9. I mean, who care if she dies, besides me and like, 3 other people?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way