Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Bombshell is already confirmed to be safe, look at the last preview page. We see her, Power Man, Pinpoint, Nova, and Ironheart. So none of them were caught in the explosion. I do suspect that Kamala and Viv were (it's at Kamala's school and we know something happened to Viv), and are both hurt badly, and that Viv gets the blame. I wonder if this has to do with Sparky? Zub never resolved the Ultron infection plot.

Locust and Snowguard don't need killing to be written out. They're Mexican and Canadian, and thus could just be deported (if they relaunch Alpha Flight any time soon, it could set up Amka joining them).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-10-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The preview was included on the article linked in the first post...
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bombshell is already confirmed to be safe, look at the last preview page. We see her, Power Man, Pinpoint, Nova, and Ironheart. So none of them were caught in the explosion. I do suspect that Kamala and Viv were (it's at Kamala's school and we know something happened to Viv), and are both hurt badly, and that Viv gets the blame. I wonder if this has to do with Sparky? Zub never resolved the Ultron infection plot.
    We don't know if the disaster already happened or is happening on this last page. They are facing a dragon, so I'd say they are not safe until they show up at the courtroom.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

how will you enforce this?

can't they just give you a ticket?

Astonishing Member

Setting aside the fact that in any sensible reality this would be an entirely reasonable approach; this smells like a trap.

If the adult heroes uphold the law, it puts a semi-permenant rift between the generations that will be exploited (Franklin by Krakoa and Val by Doom etc); while If they give the law a middle finger, it can be used to bring in the crackdown that, frankly, should have happened after secret empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The SHRA went too far with conscripting all super powered people...and weren't some of them underage?? But Licensure and oversight for those who want to fight crime would be an interesting angle to explore. "Hey..Spider-Man...thanks for stopping the Rhino....now pay for the car you destroyed by throwing it at him."
    You know people like to forget just how Fucked up the whole SHRA thing really was. Tony Stark and Reed Richard's caused the death of Goliath, put a Collar and vocal restricting contraption on an underage Billy Kaplan plus locked him up and probably bunch of other underage superheroes in some High Tec prison. And all 3 of the underage Karolina, Teddy and Billy were tortured, experimented on, and carved up by a Scientist working under Hill! Love how all these characters have such flexible morality.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    If the adult heroes uphold the law, it puts a semi-permenant rift between the generations that will be exploited (Franklin by Krakoa and Val by Doom etc).
    THIS. Well now we got spoiled the ending of next year's "X-Men FF."
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

They already spoiled one FF book today (March's solicit spoiled the ending of tomorrow's issue), so why not another?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You know people like to forget just how Fucked up the whole SHRA thing really was. Tony Stark and Reed Richard's caused the death of Goliath, put a Collar and vocal restricting contraption on an underage Billy Kaplan plus locked him up and probably bunch of other underage superheroes in some High Tec prison. And all 3 of the underage Karolina, Teddy and Billy were tortured, experimented on, and carved up by a Scientist working under Hill! Love how all these characters have such flexible morality.
    No, we all remember how they had to write that side as one dimensionally evil to distract from how utterly baseless the position of the other side was.

It's marvels typical M.O.; you don't need to validate an ideological position, you just need to depict it's opposition as evil, and that existentially validates it by default.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    how will you enforce this?

can't they just give you a ticket?
    I wonder if those beat up guys on the cover are the people in charge of enforcing it or arresting any active teen hero.

I imagine the police will be obligated to enforce it as well, and the adult heroes might feel pressure on that front as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Setting aside the fact that in any sensible reality this would be an entirely reasonable approach; this smells like a trap.

If the adult heroes uphold the law, it puts a semi-permenant rift between the generations that will be exploited (Franklin by Krakoa and Val by Doom etc); while If they give the law a middle finger, it can be used to bring in the crackdown that, frankly, should have happened after secret empire.
    I would like to think whatever they do with the kids they take into custody, it's more humane then the Negative Zone prison.

Astonishing Member

We are talking about the Marvel US right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That’s what I was thinking. This could be what leads several mutant teens who otherwise wouldn’t have had anything to do with Krakoa to now joining the country after being declared criminals for vigilantism. That would at least grant them a bit of leeway if they were to go out and fight now but they may address how dual citizenship with a mutant nation impacts the law if it does at all.
    The US cant judje the mutants now , even the ones who live in the US . But enought mutants breaking the law could create a diplomatic conflict. Like " You have aunthority over all mutants but if you dont control them, we will break our deals"

Heroes weren't meant to stay in the Negative Zone prison for any extended period of time. The new punishment for outlaw teens should be a 10 year sentence in Skrull territory.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Heroes weren't meant to stay in the Negative Zone prison for any extended period of time. The new punishment for outlaw teens should be a 10 year sentence in Skrull territory.
    I mean, they're all minors for the most part so I doubt they can send them to serious Superhero jail. I don't know if there's a superpowered equivalent to juvie.