Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No the real question is do you want see Captain America, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Iron Man but together a program where young heroes(and their families) are trained and protected from liability and villains.
    there is nothing wrong with an "academy" like construct with voluntary signing up, where the adults are held responsible for the teen heroes, and the teen heroes are allowed to practice as heroes with limitations.

But that is not the question. The question is what happens when they refuse to play ball and start breaking the law repeatedly by teen heroing around without any license? The title is called "outlawed" after all (i don't even know if there is going to be some license system or if it is just a blanket ban like underage drinking)
    How will the law be enforced especially in hero comics?
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 12-15-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Hmmm I wonder Superman revealing his identity "again" point as evidence as modern comics going "nah we ready to let it go".
    That's not really a good example when he had to reveal his identity AGAIN precisely because DC retconned the first reveal just a few years after it happened. If anything, it just proves my point about how the Big Two quickly go back to the status quo when they have the opportunity. The day Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and all other heroes have open identities simultaneously and that remains a permanent status quo, I'll believe they're ready to let go of that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm hoping Outlawed won't throw the Champions under the bus just as badly, 'cause I feel like to this day, the New Warriors still carry that stigma from Civil War, no matter how many other stories they've had.
    This is going to be more about the perspective and future of teen heroes, so I imagine it won't be about just throwing them under the bus to fuel an event, since it's their story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie Lang in her debut as Stature showed why domino masks don't work. Her mother saw her on TV - and recognised her because of her hair and costume (which was the deceased Scott's). The mask was the only thing she'd added herself - due to being unable to get Scott's helmet - and it didn't hide her identity at all. It honestly isn't surprising that Kamala's mother and friends figured it out before she told them either, same reason. Unlike Cassie's disapproving mother though (she only finally accepted it at the end of Spencer's Astonishing Ant-Man more than a decade later), Kamala's didn't mind. She was just happy to have raised a righteous child.
    If anything it just shows it doesn't hide your identity from people who know you intimately. Like that joke in the Green Lantern movie when Carol recognized Hal almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is going to be more about the perspective and future of teen heroes, so I imagine it won't be about just throwing them under the bus to fuel an event, since it's their story.

If anything it just shows it doesn't hide your identity from people who know you intimately. Like that joke in the Green Lantern movie when Carol recognized Hal almost immediately.
    The Inventor even told Kamala that her mask was no good. Anyone with Photoshop could figure it out if they wanted to

the teen heroes should approach the United Nations.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the teen heroes should approach the United Nations.
    What did the UN do for Greta Thunberg?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The Inventor even told Kamala that her mask was no good. Anyone with Photoshop could figure it out if they wanted to
    Now I'm imagining she's the first teen hero to get busted unless we assume the general government or law enforcement are less competent then central characters...which is probably accurate .

Surely the ones whose identities are already public will be busted first? Of course, there's also the chance not everyone will agree with the law. Captains America and Marvel certainly don't.

Starling is in the one-shot. Miles Morales supporting character who's the granddaughter of Vulture, for those of you who aren't familiar with her.
    https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...37716880474117
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It also doesn't hide your identity from people who are looking for you like the police for example. The mask works fine in general setting but "hey we are looking for brown hair white guy, who is about 185 pounds 6'1, talks with this accent,with certain mannerism who live in this state". You will be found out the thing about superheroes that they repeatedly show up basically creating file for some to figure it out but that is overthinking it.

Now back on topic

“Outlawed introduces an ongoing status quo that will be reflected in books across the line—almost every active character who’s under 21 (and even a few who are older) will be affected by the decisions made in Outlawed, and they won’t all agree on whether the new world order is good or bad.

"But there are real, serious consequences now for those who go against the ruling passed down in Outlawed, and it’ll interfere with their lives in a way they’ve never experienced, leading to some really interesting stories.”
    "Serious consequences" so they are going to lock them up? Who is going to be enforcing these laws? It can't be the adult superheroes because Avengers should pretty much know all identities of characters.

I have to admit the teen heroes who don't cooperate will probably end up being the more interesting side of puzzle. This is perfect setup for a Spiderman character and the Runways.

P
    I know that's a joke, but we do barely know him, so it would be nice if they could get Zub (his creator) to write a one-shot showing his origin.
    You are correct. It was a joke. But I would genuinely like to see more Pinpoint, so your hypothetical one-shot would be very welcome as far as I’m concerned.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

It also doesn't hide your identity from people who are looking for you like the police for example. The mask works fine in general setting but "hey we are looking for brown hair white guy, who is about 185 pounds 6'1, talks with this accent,with certain mannerism who live in this state". You will be found out the thing about superheroes that they repeatedly show up basically creating file for some to figure it out but that is overthinking it.

Now back on topic

"Serious consequences" so they are going to lock them up? Who is going to be enforcing these laws? It can't be the adult superheroes because Avengers should pretty much know all identities of characters.

I have to admit the teen heroes who don't cooperate will probably end up being the more interesting side of puzzle. This is perfect setup for a Spiderman character and the Runways.
    The government won’t use the Avengers its a miracle that they let them operate in American soil, given that they are a Wakandan team now.

So the Supreme Squad of America, the Americops, or a new kind of team. I don’t think the avengers will share their secret identities and probably they will get some help in the shadow

Actually, the ANAD Avengers didn't insist on identity reveals like most recent versions of the team. They didn't know Kamala's secret ID (and Sam Wilson was the only one who knew Thor was Jane Foster). Carol does, of course, but she wasn't on that team. This is why Jane called her "Little One" in Champions #1 when she quit.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Surely the ones whose identities are already public will be busted first? Of course, there's also the chance not everyone will agree with the law. Captains America and Marvel certainly don't.
    I'm really curious to see what happens with Nadia and Riri.
    Domino masks arguably have better success in the DC Universe.
    I assume anyone who violates the law will get arrested no matter how young they are. I'm not sure whether they'll be locked up like normal super-criminals though, but that's something I'm curious to see addressed.

As far as enforcing the law, again, I think the masked men on the cover are probably the people meant to enforce the law for the government.
    I am definitely interested to see if the Runaways are visibly impacted by this.

Domino masks arguably have better success in the DC Universe.
    Or no mask at all. Which is daft. There's no way Superman could keep a secret ID without a mask. His glasses are no good. Facial recognition software should recognise him and Clark's famous enough as a journalist that people should just recognise him, especially his Planet colleagues and the cops. I can see why Bendis decided to have him out himself. A secret identity without a mask just no longer makes sense.

Or no mask at all. Which is daft. There's no way Superman could keep a secret ID without a mask. His glasses are no good. Facial recognition software should recognise him and Clark's famous enough as a journalist that people should just recognise him, especially his Planet colleagues and the cops. I can see why Bendis decided to have him out himself. A secret identity without a mask just no longer makes sense.
    I mean, in context it's supposed to work, so I don't think that was really a factor in why Bendis did it. Clark actually works to distinguish himself physically from Superman.

I think they explained away how Clark gets by facial recognition before, either moving too quick for cameras to get a good look at his face as Superman or something to that effect.