Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: x-men 2099

BANNED

Default x-men 2099

Right now Marvel is selling a new 2099 future as the "official" future of the 616. The had been any mentions to krakoa or the status of the mutants in that future yet ( probably because that would spoil the end of Hickman run, as the status of the mutants is an important plot point) If they make a new X-men 2099 series what would you like to see?

Keep in mind that in that world:

-Corporations dominate the world

- All the heroes are dead and Doom wiped the memory of the world about them.

- Its unknow if mutants exist still or not, at least still remembered as a character ask someone" if she is a mutant now"

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Right now Marvel is selling a new 2099 future as the "official" future of the 616. The had been any mentions to krakoa or the status of the mutants in that future yet ( probably because that would spoil the end of Hickman run, as the status of the mutants is an important plot point) If they make a new X-men 2099 series what would you like to see?

- Its unknow if mutants exist still or not, at least still remembered as a character ask someone" if she is a mutant now"
    I thought in the original 2099 that most of the mutants left Earth entirely and founded a new homeworld. The 2099 X-Men were the few mutants that remained behind on Earth, wasn't that the story for them originally?
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I thought in the original 2099 that most of the mutants left Earth entirely and founded a new homeworld. The 2099 X-Men were the few mutants that remained behind on Earth, wasn't that the story for them originally?
    I dont know about the original, the new one has changed things to keep it in line with the current MU . For example the origin of venom 2099 is different and a totally different character.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post

I never buy any future story line as the actual future of the comics unless they plan on lifting up all the books and only telling stories in the year 2099. It's one bad sale on a book away from being an alternate future, or one moira death.

But if they did make one i want to see the same mutants running around now running around then but with more and Krakoa now expanded to connect all the continents back into a pangea.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I thought it was the Inhumans who left, after the humans wiped out the mutants and supers in turn, only for the Boltagon Brothers to murder/suicide their entire species

There were mutants in 2099 from what I remember, but they were still an oppressed minority on the run

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I never buy any future story line as the actual future of the comics unless they plan on lifting up all the books and only telling stories in the year 2099. It's one bad sale on a book away from being an alternate future, or one moira death.

But if they did make one i want to see the same mutants running around now running around then but with more and Krakoa now expanded to connect all the continents back into a pangea.
    The idea is that 2099 is the official future because it's the only future that is fluid and will just shift and bend to be a reflection of the present. So today's 2099 is the official future, in 10 years a different form of 2099 will be the official future, repeat until we get to actual 2099.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

According to a CBR article about the X-Men/mutants in relation to Marvel 2099, there was a great purge before/during/after the catastrophe that also resulted in the end of the "Heroic Age" of the late 20th/early 21st century, where humanity essentially launched a series of pogroms against mutants that severely whittled down their population. And speaking of X-Men and 2099, Alchemax took over the Xavier Institute and rebranded it as a learning institution for future Alchemax employees, which the future Spider-Man, Miguel O'Hara, attended as a youth.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Here's the thing, I'm in love with this group and I'm about to start a campaign for Krystal to have a huger presence in the main books because she literally could be played by Saweetie of Icy fame. Fight me if you think otherwise.

Serving Krystalin realness all day and all night!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I heard Marvel 2099 is said to be the actual Future of the Marvel Universe. Is that true??

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Here's the thing, I'm in love with this group and I'm about to start a campaign for Krystal to have a huger presence in the main books because she literally could be played by Saweetie of Icy fame. Fight me if you think otherwise.
    Krystalin, Meanstreak and La Lunatica are my favorites from that team, although I liked Xian Chi Xan and Bloodhawk, too.

Really, 'Skullfire' (who never actually used that name, in book, IIRC, I only knew of it from the action figure...), the POV character, was the only one I didn't really like, other than Serpentina, and she only lasted one or two issues...

They were all interesting character designs, but I recently tried to read over the run recently, and the story just isn't there. Evil corporation, blah, blah, blah, the end.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

It was originally written and published during a time when it was thought that the future WILL very likely be ruled by corporations.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    It was originally written and published during a time when it was thought that the future WILL very likely be ruled by corporations.
    And from recent/current events, it looks like that future may very well come to pass, if it hasn't already. No wonder Marvel tried relaunching 2099 just now, though I wish there had been some word on what happened to mutants in the new 2099.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

I like the idea floated somewhere in the CBR boards that the year 2099 in Marvel has become fluid and dynamically alters itself to reflect certain developments to the present day of 616. The fact that new!Miguel and old!Miguel had that talk was very interesting.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi