Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I would've voted for Hawkeye; while I have been liking Fallen Angels, every time I hear about Hickman's latest installment, I more and more do not want to read it. Glad that it's doing it for those who want it, though.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member

It's really not that great tho.

I think what I like best about Hickman's era of X-Men is that whether you like it or not, it changes the status quo and you still want to know what's going to happen next. Of course it's not perfect and there are still flaws, but he was able to take old concepts and turn them into something new. Again, whether you like it or not, he was able to unite not only mutants, but also the creative team and X-Office in a way to bring about cohesive storytelling. Something I'd say the X-Men has been missing for a while.

There are parts that may be clunky right now, but I feel like after the first year is over, they'll be able to see what's working and what's not working so they could really fine tune it. You don't have to like it and that's okay. "Best comic" can only lead to a subjective opinion. But I'm personally still glad they were able to get its foot in for this decade so it could could go full force into 2020 and the new decade.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Your profile pic's hand gesture, the cover's hand gesture, your own hand gesture... Perfection.
    Oh, wow. I didn't even realize. Haha. I'm gonna be doing that all day now.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I just went to get the graphic novel and it was sold out at my LCS. Literally the first time this has ever happened to me. haha
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Lol. Such BS. Agree on Ms. Marvel though.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 12-11-2019 at 08:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Lol. Such BS. ...
    Stands for... bias?

Suprised and pleased to see these books were not a cheap gimmick like Red, Blue and Gold.

I loved House of X/Powers of X. I think it's one of the best X-Men comics of the decade, if not the best.

But best comic of the decade overall? I think that's a bit of a stretch, especially when compared to comics like Saga.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I loved House of X/Powers of X. I think it's one of the best X-Men comics of the decade, if not the best.

But best comic of the decade overall? I think that's a bit of a stretch, especially when compared to comics like Saga.
    Don't take these list literally they essentially mean "one of the best".

BANNED

HOX/POX would rank very high in my list of Best Superhero Comics of this Decade (which yeah I will get to) but in terms of overall comics probably not:

My best of this decade is:

SAGA
    The Wicked + The Divine
    Democracy
    Providence
    Three
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 3 and 4
    Sex Criminals
    Bitch Planet
    The Black Monday Murders
    Nemo: Heart of Ice

In terms of Superhero comics (in no order):

Hawkeye by Fraction/David Aja
    Mister Miracle by Tom King and Mitch Gerards
    The Superior Foes of Spider-Man by Nick Spencer and Steve Leiber.
    House of X and Powers of Ten by Hickman/Larraz/Silva
    Spider-Man Life Story by Zdarsky/Bagley
    Thor, God of Thunder by Jason Aaron, Esad Ribic.
    Batman Incorporated by Grant Morrison, and Frank Quitely.
    Secret Wars (2015) by Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic
    Infamous Iron Man by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev
    Injustice Gods Among Men by Tom Taylor.

I think best BIG comic of the last year but for me the best comic of the last decade that i can think about. Prepare to be stunned. The recent Black Bolt Series followed by Immortal Hulk, and HOX/POX.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I would've voted for Hawkeye; while I have been liking Fallen Angels, every time I hear about Hickman's latest installment, I more and more do not want to read it. Glad that it's doing it for those who want it, though.
    hawkeye was really a inovation for the media.

hoxpox isn't. but i nderstand why it is on the list, made some time since x-men were relevant
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-12-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Suprised and pleased to see these books were not a cheap gimmick like Red, Blue and Gold.
    Red was a cheap gimmick?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    hawkeye was really a inovation for the media.

hoxpox isn't. but i nderstand why it is on the list, made some time since x-men were relvant
    Guess we all come to this stuff differently. I'm only a fan of specific X-Men characters, so the big stuff about the franchise in general tends to be out of my range of interest; the characters I like often get out of focus in them.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Lol. Such BS. Agree on Ms. Marvel though.
    how is it bs? HOX/POX completely transformed a stagnant x-men line. The story was addicting too. I wanted what happened next as soon as i put the issue i was reading down. It was a great story

As someone who had been reading Marvel pretty religiously since approx. 2010, I have not given one iota of a damn about the X-men as a concept until Hickman. I liked characters related to the franchise, but as a whole the X-Men came across overly dramatic and without substance, relying on inconsistent characterizations and quickly abandoned plot lines to limp along from relaunch to relaunch. Hickman gave the franchise what it needed to get off the ground; he gave them a reason to go forward instead of wallowing in relationships and traumas of the past. Leave the drawn out interpersonal drama to teams like the Avengers, who are built on relationships;X-Men is a now a story about a society, its culture, and its trails.
    Suggested Reading: Lazarus, Black Science, Memetic, Wytches, Drifter, Captain America, Uncanny Avengers, Black Widow, Punisher, Deathlok, Storm, Thor, and X-Force.

"Children have Gods, Teens have Mentors, and Adults have Equals. Writers have all three."
    - Anonymous