Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Sooooo...basically they're never going to give any focus to street-level heroes ever again, huh?

I really miss the Netflix shows. With the exception of Iron Fist (which was not exactly my cup of tea), they all focused on problems the Avengers thought were "too small" for them to give any attention to (Iron Man pretty much said so himself when Peter asked that the Avengers look into The Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming). They weren't billionaires, spies, gods, etc. who had jets and endless resources at their disposal. Despite their powers, they're all just regular working people dealing with problems they see right outside their window.

Yes, I am very much looking forward to Hawkeye, Falcon, WandaVision, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, etc., but I'd be lying if it didn't seem like there's an entire portion of the Marvel Universe that they're neglecting (a portion I happen to enjoy very much).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

What about the moon girl cartoon? Did it get canned also?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Sooooo...basically they're never going to give any focus to street-level heroes ever again, huh?
    How do you get to this conclusion when they've announced a series for Moon Knight?
    He's as street level as they come, and Ms. Marvel's solo adventures are street-level too, even with her Inhuman roots.
    That's just presumptuous in a way that doesn't make too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    What about the moon girl cartoon? Did it get canned also?
    Well Moon Girl is being out of house by Titmouse and has already been greenlit by Disney Channel so I think that's safe at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    How do you get to this conclusion when they've announced a series for Moon Knight?
    He's as street level as they come, and Ms. Marvel's solo adventures are street-level too, even with her Inhuman roots.
    That's just presumptuous in a way that doesn't make too much sense.
    Honestly, never been a huge Moon Knight fan. Plus, his backstory is so convoluted it's kinda hard to get that "every man" feel that the Netflix shows had (Iron Fist not withstanding). As for Ms. Marvel, while I'm a fan of the character, it lacks the adult sort of grit that DD, LC, and JJ had. I'm sure it'll be great and I'll be the first one to tune in, but it just doesn't scratch that itch.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Honestly, never been a huge Moon Knight fan. Plus, his backstory is so convoluted it's kinda hard to get that "every man" feel that the Netflix shows had (Iron Fist not withstanding). As for Ms. Marvel, while I'm a fan of the character, it lacks the adult sort of grit that DD, LC, and JJ had. I'm sure it'll be great and I'll be the first one to tune in, but it just doesn't scratch that itch.
    Jessica Jones and Luke cage had some intense sex scenes. Disney Plus is pushing children's programming and adults with nostalgia programming. They were never gonna have them in the MCU. Deadpool will probably be more violent and less sexual. Who knows. I think The Mandalorian is as gritty as D+ will get.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Jessica Jones and Luke cage had some intense sex scenes. Disney Plus is pushing children's programming and adults with nostalgia programming. They were never gonna have them in the MCU. Deadpool will probably be more violent and less sexual. Who knows. I think The Mandalorian is as gritty as D+ will get.
    And I do enjoy The Mandalorian. Like I said, though, it just doesn't scratch that itch. *shrugs*

While I don't put much stock in rumors, since Disney is a partial owner of Hulu I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those shows would find a home there. Not hopeful about this, mind you, but I gotta hold onto at least one shred of hope, you know?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

And I do enjoy The Mandalorian. Like I said, though, it just doesn't scratch that itch. *shrugs*

While I don't put much stock in rumors, since Disney is a partial owner of Hulu I'm keeping my fingers crossed that those shows would find a home there. Not hopeful about this, mind you, but I gotta hold onto at least one shred of hope, you know?
    They're still going to outsource to Hulu?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They're still going to outsource to Hulu?
    Your guess is as good as mine. It's totally wishful thinking on my part, admittedly.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd really rather get original cartoons rather then cartoons set in the MCU. I mean, I want good cartoons above all, but I'd really rather they not have to be centered around MCU like the past era of animation was.

If I'm worried about anything, it's that all media content for Marvel will have to cater to the MCU even more then it already has.
    I'm in agreement on this. The MCU is ambitious as is amazing in how it has connected the characters, but at this point, it also limits the stories they can tell because of the choices they've made. There are so many stories out that should get told, but don't really fit into the structure of the MCU anymore.