Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why Doesn't DC pair up BLack Lighting with THE FLASH ?

After seeing them together via Crisis on Infinite Earth TV event I wonder why hasn't DC try to do a Black Lighting and the Flash storyline given the two heroes different takes on how they view the law and their own unique professions ?

As fans of either one of the heroes: What do you think of this ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    After seeing them together via Crisis on Infinite Earth TV event I wonder why hasn't DC try to do a Black Lighting and the Flash storyline given the two heroes different takes on how they view the law and their own unique professions ?

As fans of either one of the heroes: What do you think of this ?
    It's a good idea, but Black Lightning doesn't even have his family in the comics and the Flash Franchise is too busy introducing new forces without even bothering to define the Speed Force. They're also sharing other characters while making Barry a bit unlikable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It's a good idea, but Black Lightning doesn't even have his family in the comics and the Flash Franchise is too busy introducing new forces without even bothering to define the Speed Force. They're also sharing other characters while making Barry a bit unlikable.
    Why not do a more flashback in the style of the PRE-new 52 world more in line of the Silver/Bronze Age versions of the characters ?

Astonishing Member

No relationship, no particular premise, and Flash has recently been trodding on Black Lightning's gimmick (something I hate profusely). Barry only gets so many team up issues and he barely interacts with his own closest friends and family, much less Black Lightning. Wally and Jay might as well not exist to team up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    No relationship, no particular premise, and Flash has recently been trodding on Black Lightning's gimmick (something I hate profusely). Barry only gets so many team up issues and he barely interacts with his own closest friends and family, much less Black Lightning. Wally and Jay might as well not exist to team up with.
    What gimmick is that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Again make it a Flashback tale before the events of Flashpoint and the new 52.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly in the Comics Black Lightning is just not important enough, having the Flash team up with him wouldn't really big thing (unlike a cross over with another big 6 character).

Unless DC is going to try to massively push Black Lighting (similar to how they tried it with Cyborg) or the Flash writer really likes Black Lightning I don't see it happening.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What gimmick is that?
    Generating lightning.

I'd rather have him and Superman team up considering BL comes from Metropolis.
    Last edited by jetengine; 12-11-2019 at 07:31 AM.

It could work as an animated special for the CWverse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Honestly in the Comics Black Lightning is just not important enough, having the Flash team up with him wouldn't really big thing (unlike a cross over with another big 6 character).

Unless DC is going to try to massively push Black Lighting (similar to how they tried it with Cyborg) or the Flash writer really likes Black Lightning I don't see it happening.
    You would think that with the CW DC tv shows that both heroes have would be enough of a template to a possible team up story for the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I'd rather have him and Superman team up considering BL comes from Metropolis.
    He has worked with Superman and Batman too. You would think by now his daughters could learn a thing or two from Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

You would think that with the CW DC tv shows that both heroes have would be enough of a template to a possible team up story for the comics.
    The shows are barely anything like the comics so any template you're imagining wouldn't really translate well.

He has worked with Superman and Batman too. You would think by now his daughters could learn a thing or two from Wonder Woman.
    Whay exactly would they be learning from Wonder Woman that they couldn't learn from their dad?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Whay exactly would they be learning from Wonder Woman that they couldn't learn from their dad?
    Black Lighting can only teach them so far. With Wonder Woman at least they would have more faster reflexes and some Amazon training behind them.