View Poll Results: What do you rate the issue?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 6.00%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

10 20.00%
  • ★ ★ ★

19 38.00%
  • ★ ★

14 28.00%
  • 4 8.00%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

So a Brisson issue, and what a surprise, it’s about Glob, Armor and the twins he created… Can the X office tell him that there are other young mutants to use too? I’m tired of him pushing his pet characters in everything he writes. This was a huge step back from Hickman’s New Mutants space story, and it will continue for a few issues according to the solicitations…

The only good thing was showing the Academos habitat. Here I’m hoping this means by the many different sections that other young mutants will get storylines too, but until then I’m dropping the book. Or at least the Brisson issues. I have zero interest in Glob and his friends, bring in other kids, there are many who haven’t been used for a while!

The second I saw Glob and the twins in the solicits, I knew I'd be staying away from this section of he arc. I really hate who Hisako has become since Age of X-man and I abhor Glob. The b-side stories would be so much better if they focused on life for young mutants in the habitat rather than immediately leaving the island to deal with other characters. I'd rather see this new school than read about it on a data page, knowing I'll never get to read it as a series.

BANNED

Are the Chimeras living in Omega House?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Are the Chimeras living in Omega House?
    Chimeras don't exist in this life of Moira yet. Sinister hasn't made them yet.

I appreciate the recap as I abhor Glob and don't like the direction the X-Office has gone with Armor. I think there is some potential with the Ahab Twins but we have a Sextant full of other mutants that deserve to been shown other than wallpaper to the waste that is Glob. Him chasing after Pixie is like him chasing after Jeen or Mojo chasing after that woman, aint' gonna happen.

This issue was so meh. I did not like the way Angel was written. What up with the kids? Didn’t they look different than that? What with the power dampening equipment? There was some okay stuff. The Boom-Boom stuff was funny, if I’m going to point out something.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was ok-ish until the power-dampening missile thing. Seems lime everyone have power dampening things now

We have two telepaths and they couldn't disarm the terrorists?

Armor even interact a lot with Beak/angel? this felt a bit forced
    This is the best to describe the issue. It was pretty laid back but the art and dialogue was good. But is Arno Stark giving away anti-mutant tech or something? C'mon.
    "Cable was right!"

*how to convince Brisson to like Shortpack*

If not for the fact that the whole thing lead with a hostage situation and assault, I'd have my fingers crossed for Brisson to subvert expectation and stereotype to show directly why Krakoa is a positive thing for humanity in general, not just mutants (or those who have an in with mutants). Let's touch on classism and the folks who expect to get the short end of the stick in this new era of wonder drugs, because that's all they ever get. But even if he tries to go that way next issue, he's already undermined the point.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-11-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Chimeras don't exist in this life of Moira yet. Sinister hasn't made them yet.

I appreciate the recap as I abhor Glob and don't like the direction the X-Office has gone with Armor. I think there is some potential with the Ahab Twins but we have a Sextant full of other mutants that deserve to been shown other than wallpaper to the waste that is Glob. Him chasing after Pixie is like him chasing after Jeen or Mojo chasing after that woman, aint' gonna happen.
    Glob is always used as weird mutation that chase after girls that won't date him. We got is on extraordinary.
    What is so bad on Armor new direction?

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    So a Brisson issue, and what a surprise, it’s about Glob, Armor and the twins he created… Can the X office tell him that there are other young mutants to use too? I’m tired of him pushing his pet characters in everything he writes. This was a huge step back from Hickman’s New Mutants space story, and it will continue for a few issues according to the solicitations…

The only good thing was showing the Academos habitat. Here I’m hoping this means by the many different sections that other young mutants will get storylines too, but until then I’m dropping the book. Or at least the Brisson issues. I have zero interest in Glob and his friends, bring in other kids, there are many who haven’t been used for a while!
    At least there is some boom boom. But seems like she is longing for Roberto, I don't think she likes him that way
    He is on the space and already fell in love with deathbird

Mighty Member

The art is meh, the story is boring, the protagonists are blank. And it's not even the same book. It's almost a scam.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Thought this was pretty cute, the stuff with Armor and Beak I mean. I don't mind Glob at all. But once we got to hateful flatscans with convenient power-dampening weaponry, things took a nosedive pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    This issue was so meh. I did not like the way Angel was written. What up with the kids? Didn’t they look different than that? What with the power dampening equipment? There was some okay stuff. The Boom-Boom stuff was funny, if I’m going to point out something.
    Angel not being Angel was the biggest issue for me. She was another character, really. It would have been much cooler if she didn't go to Krakoa because she thinks Xavier is stupid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sooo tired of humans having all of these ways to depower mutants. mutants should really be crippling every aggressive human they come across.
    Are we sure that these bad guys are human? They looked like mutants themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Angel not being Angel was the biggest issue for me. She was another character, really. It would have been much cooler if she didn't go to Krakoa because she thinks Xavier is stupid.
    They really had an easy excuse for why they wouldn't drag their whole family to the island. They know how dangerous it is when mutants gather and wouldn't want to go and risk their kids. Hell, they could've even tied in X-force and mentioned the "rumor" that Xavier died.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Are we sure that these bad guys are human? They looked like mutants themselves.
    Seems to be the new world of "super villains are all on Krakoa so let's bring out muscled up BeeBop and Rocksteady clones."

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    They really had an easy excuse for why they wouldn't drag their whole family to the island. They know how dangerous it is when mutants gather and wouldn't want to go and risk their kids. Hell, they could've even tied in X-force and mentioned the "rumor" that Xavier died.
    Or at the very least Beak or Angel could have walked through one of the many portals and said "hey gang, we'd love to hang but we have family stuff going on." Hell, as said above, Angel saying "Xavier is a punk" is enough of a realistic character reason for those two.