View Poll Results: What do you rate the issue?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 6.00%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

10 20.00%
  • ★ ★ ★

19 38.00%
  • ★ ★

14 28.00%
  • 4 8.00%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

My problem with the dampener was it just seems silly... a ROCKET LAUNCHER to send an exploding missile that either releases the damping agent before contact for maximum damage... or during contact in which case that seems excessive and a waste of a missile. Also, is Glob like just a skeleton now? Or will his skin suddenly appear making him just a regular ole' fat guy? What exactly is being dampened? Isn't his power just that he's made of paraffin wax or something?

I was actually looking forward to this, and it turned out to be really bad. I'm bummed.

They should have actually finished the space plot before starting this. I wasn't even all that interested in the space stuff, but its really jarring for it to jump away like that. "And now for something completely different! For 3 issues!" Kind of kill momentum.

Rather then having an actual reason Angel and Beak didn't come to Krakoa, they apparently just missed the message about the miracle drugs? Or didn't even try them on his family member? And the problem was instantly solved, yay.

POWER DAMPENING MISSILE! How? Why? If you have a missile that can ignore Armor's armor, why not just use that?! Mutants have fought humans and human villains before without the humans needing magic power removing junk in EVERY FIGHT. This is getting ridiculous! And if humans can just magic everything that makes a mutant a threat away that easily, why would any mutant have even the delusion of superiority, or even be considered a threat by humans? This doesn't feel very thought through.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Now even everyday rednecks have power dampening tech. I complained about it last week, so when this happened? Yeah, over it. I thought the twins would come out and mind control the humans, but nope. Didn’t help that a simple story is so stretched out. This should’ve been a one-and-done.
    Just carrying on Chuck Austen's legacy, I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    My problem with the dampener was it just seems silly... a ROCKET LAUNCHER to send an exploding missile that either releases the damping agent before contact for maximum damage... or during contact in which case that seems excessive and a waste of a missile. Also, is Glob like just a skeleton now? Or will his skin suddenly appear making him just a regular ole' fat guy? What exactly is being dampened? Isn't his power just that he's made of paraffin wax or something?
    It is rather stupid. Glob should be dead.

That’s always bothered me when they do that power dampening garbage on characters who need their powers to survive or who are so heavily altered by their powers and then nothing happens.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post

That’s always bothered me when they do that power dampening garbage on characters who need their powers to survive or who are so heavily altered by their powers and then nothing happens.
    Leech had a good explanation for that, he only affected active powers that were controlled with the brain. Telepathy, telekinesis, energy manipulation, teleportation ... All those things.

He can't cancel things like healing factors or extreme mutations like Glob or Beast

they used a missile launcher like sinalizer. that was really dumb

I really wonder what happens with mutants that they mutations are visible, they should return to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post

I didn't even think about that! It would have actually been cool to see Glob go through some kind of body horror shift into looking like a normal human for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Leech had a good explanation for that, he only affected active powers that were controlled with the brain. Telepathy, telekinesis, energy manipulation, teleportation ... All those things.

He can't cancel things like healing factors or extreme mutations like Glob or Beast
    Ah, that would make sense in an established precedent. Besides, we all know Beast would be throwing himself in front of every anti-mutant RPG if that was really the case.

I’m officially feeling the Glob fatigue lol. Brisson has his strengths and I liked NextGen a lot but...I want a fresher and just different POV for young characters. Almost ready for a brand new crop tbh.

I loved seeing Angel and Beak but this was just a very mediocre comic. Such a letdown from the fun we’ve been having with Hickman and Reis.

Ah, that would make sense in an established precedent. Besides, we all know Beast would be throwing himself in front of every anti-mutant RPG if that was really the case.
    There are cases where it is illogical and inconsistent. For example, once Ben Grimm was in the prison for supervillains, he lost his strength and durability ... but he was still rock. How does that even work.

Maybe that happens to Glob now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Power dampeners don't reverse physical transformations.

Sometimes.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Power dampeners don't reverse physical transformations.

Sometimes.
    It shouldnt make him look human, but his organs and exterior should now be susceptible to everything that a normal human would. The slighest touch should bruise him, not to mention the infections he'd get having his entire body exposed with no skin to protect him. Being depowered, in and of itself shouldnt kill him, but the immediate side effects of that should

the reaction to Hickman’s concurrent story is interesting imo. I’m definitely into it and excited to see where it goes I just don’t feel like it was any better or worse than what we got today

Wow, I am absolutely shocked at this issue.
    Armor injected another man with drugs without any sort of permissions or medicine training or knowing his medical history.
    Probably the most irresponsible thing any X-Man has ever done.

I was quite enjoying the issue until that point (apart from Armor's strange face throughout the issue). Seeing Boom Boom was great.

Once to know about the housing as well, but in the parties, we have seen hundreds of unidentified children/teens. Are they else where or here in the tiny sextant?

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Wow, I am absolutely shocked at this issue.
    Armor injected another man with drugs without any sort of permissions or medicine training or knowing his medical history.
    Probably the most irresponsible thing any X-Man has ever done.

I was quite enjoying the issue until that point (apart from Armor's strange face throughout the issue). Seeing Boom Boom was great.

Once to know about the housing as well, but in the parties, we have seen hundreds of unidentified children/teens. Are they else where or here in the tiny sextant?
    I was surprised by that moment too. I was thinking that I'd turn the page and find out he was actually allergic to the drugs or we were about to find out that they can have horrible side effects, and that was why they didn't just use them on him before. But nope.