View Poll Results: What do you rate the issue?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    3 6.00%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

    10 20.00%
  • ★ ★ ★

    19 38.00%
  • ★ ★

    14 28.00%
  • 4 8.00%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 184
  1. #76
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    never seen an every day redneck with hair like that lol
    but fr some kind of power dampening tech has been in what every book now?
    And this really has nothing to do with this book. But. HOW does it dampen a mutants powers? It has always drove me crazy not understanding the tech. Like i can understand psionic based powers maybe scrambling a part of your mind that gives you access but how does it dampen physical powers?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  2. #77
    Spectacular Member Criticalfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Michigan, US
    Posts
    249

    Default

    I don't know why they didn't intercut these scenes with some of the space stuff, even if it made this stuff stretch into parts of 4 issues.
    Especially if Brisson and Hickman worked together, maybe even the themes and story beats from each part could mirror each other during the issue.
    That's what it will seem like in the trade, just a scene change.

    But as floppies, such a total change... I can see it possibly tanking the brisk sales by making people tune out.

  3. #78
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Now even everyday rednecks have power dampening tech. I complained about it last week, so when this happened? Yeah, over it. I thought the twins would come out and mind control the humans, but nope. Didnít help that a simple story is so stretched out. This shouldíve been a one-and-done.

    My biggest takeaway is that we do need Mutant villains because not having them results in this kind of laziness. Itís like writers can only think of one way to make humans a threat.
    Exactly. I was thinking about this, to make humans a threat they have to use power dampening again and again

  4. #79
    Mighty Member useridgoeshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    If the real world has gotten to the point we can 3D print pieces for guns then a world with Stark and Richards surely has the diagrams and materials to make anti mutant tech floating out on the dark web. I don't take to much issue with it. I just hate that they have yet to create a defense against it. You'd think by now they'd all have their costumes outfitted with emergency emps with all of the high tech weaponry used against them.
    Thatís the problem, though. Itís not being used in every book to show anything about Mutants. Not that theyíre arrogant or resourceful or adaptable. Itís just used for fake drama and a cheap way to create a threat. Like no Mutant ever expects it when itís been used constantly and is widely available.

  5. #80
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    If the real world has gotten to the point we can 3D print pieces for guns then a world with Stark and Richards surely has the diagrams and materials to make anti mutant tech floating out on the dark web. I don't take to much issue with it. I just hate that they have yet to create a defense against it. You'd think by now they'd all have their costumes outfitted with emergency emps with all of the high tech weaponry used against them.
    Not so easy. a 3D printing is costly and guns doesn't work well. Also a gun i spretty simple to do, they were done by hand some centuries ago
    And there is people who does by hand still

  6. #81
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And this really has nothing to do with this book. But. HOW does it dampen a mutants powers? It has always drove me crazy not understanding the tech. Like i can understand psionic based powers maybe scrambling a part of your mind that gives you access but how does it dampen physical powers?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Super...iting_Nanobots

    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,502

    Default

    ohhh thanks for this. I guess prices really came down from 500,000 a dart if they got rockets. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  8. #83
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Have the Inhumans or Eternals/Asgardians ever encountered mass-produced power dampeners?

  9. #84
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    That’s the problem, though. It’s not being used in every book to show anything about Mutants. Not that they’re arrogant or resourceful or adaptable. It’s just used for fake drama and a cheap way to create a threat. Like no Mutant ever expects it when it’s been used constantly and is widely available.
    They had to telepŠths and it wasn't reported any psyblock. this just became very predictable

  10. #85
    Mighty Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    This was fine, the plot is interesting, I would probably enjoy it more if I cared about the characters. I really only like Boom Boom, so next issue should be good.

    Brisson ... really likes ... ellipses ... and ... it's really ... annoying.

    I think Tabs was stealing stuff from Berto to pawn? She took some kind of golden statue thing.

    Omega House for Legion?

    Sunspot is in charge of the pharmaceutical business, is this related to X-Corp?

  11. #86
    Mighty Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    I don't know why they didn't intercut these scenes with some of the space stuff, even if it made this stuff stretch into parts of 4 issues.
    Especially if Brisson and Hickman worked together, maybe even the themes and story beats from each part could mirror each other during the issue.
    That's what it will seem like in the trade, just a scene change.

    But as floppies, such a total change... I can see it possibly tanking the brisk sales by making people tune out.
    agreed, it’s an odd choice but I’m not entirely mad about it. if they keep up double-shipping it gives them good opportunity to explore lots of characters, especially considering the sextant stuff they introduced this issue. who knows how they plan to run it it, I’ll be happy as long as Reis stays on after Hickman finishes his storyline

  12. #87
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Have the Inhumans or Eternals/Asgardians ever encountered mass-produced power dampeners?
    Inhumans, yes. Because like mutants, they have specific abilities that technology can block them from accessing. Gods, no. Gods are not biological human offshoots and they have magic juice. There are no genes to neutralize to turn them to a "base human." No one cares about Eternals so no one's written an answer either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  13. #88
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    agreed, it’s an odd choice but I’m not entirely mad about it. if they keep up double-shipping it gives them good opportunity to explore lots of characters, especially considering the sextant stuff they introduced this issue. who knows how they plan to run it it, I’ll be happy as long as Reis stays on after Hickman finishes his storyline
    If brisson can use more than armor, glob, maxime and manon. that would be good

  14. #89
    Mighty Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If brisson can use more than armor, glob, maxime and manon. that would be good
    still have NO IDEA what Maxine and Manon were doing there. Glob made sense as I guess a supportive presence for Hisako..would’ve made more sense to me for her to go about this on her own. but anyways yes I agree now that there’s so many characters at his fingertips I hope we move away from the Armor/Glob/Pixie configurations .. everything in moderation

  15. #90
    Fantastic Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If brisson can use more than armor, glob, maxime and manon. that would be good
    He can, he just doesn't bother. If they don't use other kids and explore the entire Academos Habitat and the various houses, this book is a wasted opportunity.

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    still have NO IDEA what Maxine and Manon were doing there.
    They're Brisson's creations so he pushes them even if there's no reason for them to be there.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •