View Poll Results: What do you rate the issue?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 6.00%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

10 20.00%
  • ★ ★ ★

19 38.00%
  • ★ ★

14 28.00%
  • 4 8.00%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Wow, I am absolutely shocked at this issue.
    Armor injected another man with drugs without any sort of permissions or medicine training or knowing his medical history.
    Probably the most irresponsible thing any X-Man has ever done.

I was quite enjoying the issue until that point (apart from Armor's strange face throughout the issue). Seeing Boom Boom was great.

Once to know about the housing as well, but in the parties, we have seen hundreds of unidentified children/teens. Are they else where or here in the tiny sextant?
    Considering that Armor already knew in advance EXACTLY what incredibly rare disease the guy had - without any previous contact with Beak to TELL her about it - she probably did her homework before hand.
    She didn't just inject him with a random liquid and HOPED it would go well.

Apparently, Beak didn't think to ask them for a cure before because he didn't consider that such a rare conditions would be one of the things they were working on.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Considering that Armor already knew in advance EXACTLY what incredibly rare disease the guy had - without any previous contact with Beak to TELL her about it - she probably did her homework before hand.
    She didn't just inject him with a random liquid and HOPED it would go well.
    Missed the point completely. That's not how medical practitioners work.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Missed the point completely. That's not how medical practitioners work.
    Armor's not a medical practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Armor's not a medical practitioner
    Exactly, thank you!

Extraordinary Member

How was she just allowed to walk out with drugs that either were not being smuggled by Shaw to fund insurrectionists in non-treaty countries or being sold by Emma at outrageuously marked up prices. Krakoa ain't know charity, or are they trying to imply Boom Boom is a member of the Thieves Guild?

It makes sense that some people cannot afford the drugs but they have got to be cheaper than a power dampening rocket launcher, even one sold off as surplus right after M-Day or whatever they refer to the elimination of mutants during Rosenberg's run.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Exactly. I was thinking about this, to make humans a threat they have to use power dampening again and again
    i'd prefer it if their human enemies had to do the actual homework on these mutant powers and use ingenuity to counter them. Armor's forcefield can only take so much force. instead of being a power dampener, they could have weakened her by applying enough force to do so. there's probably a chemical that Glob's parafin skin would react badly to. likewise, i think that mutations should have limits so that writers don't get lazy/go straight to the power dampeners.

it's strange that mutants have created technology that specifically nerfs humans; like a frequency that makes only them bleed from eyes. why is there less ingenuity amongst the mutant community than humans? Dark Beast has gotta have a closet full of this stuff.

I also thought it was weird that she just happened to have a syringe of the stuff with her. Like "hmm pack lunch, check... phone charger, check... bus pass, check... I vial of the drug that we've been using as a bargaining chip for international sovereignty, check..."

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    How was she just allowed to walk out with drugs that either were not being smuggled by Shaw to fund insurrectionists in non-treaty countries or being sold by Emma at outrageuously marked up prices. Krakoa ain't know charity, or are they trying to imply Boom Boom is a member of the Thieves Guild?

It makes sense that some people cannot afford the drugs but they have got to be cheaper than a power dampening rocket launcher, even one sold off as surplus right after M-Day or whatever they refer to the elimination of mutants during Rosenberg's run.
    wait krakoa is selling the drugs at very expensive price instead of giving them away for humans?

wait krakoa is selling the drugs at very expensive price instead of giving them away for humans?
    They're definetely not a gift as per Powers of X.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They're definetely not a gift as per Powers of X.
    While we have Xavier's speech to humanity telling them that he would have given the drugs for free if not for humans being a bunch of brats, the conversation with Emma regarding exclusive distribution rights strongly suggests someone is making lots of money.

Krakoa can produce food, shelter and energy, all primary needs. But everything else they have to import and Krakoa drugs are their only export.

Amazing Member

Enjoyed this way more than I thought I would. It was really nice to see Beak again. I haven't seen him since Morrison's run. He's got a farm and a family!

It would have been a much better issue if there was no action at all. Especially because the action we got was just another power-dampener, this time in missile form. It would have been much better if they healed grandpa, and the final pages were the fam getting settled into Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While we have Xavier's speech to humanity telling them that he would have given the drugs for free if not for humans being a bunch of brats, the conversation with Emma regarding exclusive distribution rights strongly suggests someone is making lots of money.
    I thought the drugs were free for countries that recognized the Krakoan nation.

If Hellfire club i smaking tons of money, the drugs can't be cheap

I thought the drugs were free for countries that recognized the Krakoan nation.

If Hellfire club i smaking tons of money, the drugs can't be cheap
    The part of Emma and Kitty in the Hellfire tries to be sold fairly, the confrontation between the Marauders and Bartoc was precisely for that. They can be making a lot of money and have reasonable prices. Antibiotics are not especially expensive but psychiatric medications are incredibly expensive.

In the end how that impacts the citizen will depend on the country. Something like insulin in the United States is ridiculously expensive compared to any other developed country.