Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    In a visual medium, Magneto and Xavier’s sword scene should have been on panel.
    The professional writer who is knocking it out of the park thought otherwise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    The professional writer who is knocking it out of the park thought otherwise.
    So he can no longer be criticized because he’s otherwise doing a great job? lol k

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Those issues are still the bomb, tho. (Love ya, chart dad.)
    On my recent reread, the only FF stuff of chart dad that didn’t work was bringing over the Millar fake Earth stuff.

have to admit I would’ve loved to see the sword scene on-panel, but it’s not exactly a necessary story beat so I get why they didn’t. Same w/ Healer’s death; we know he’s coming back anyways, it’s more a footnote than a story beat.

BANNED

So he can no longer be criticized because he’s otherwise doing a great job? lol k
    Criticize away. Just expect to be called out when you act like you know what’s more pertinent to the story than the writer.

Millar FF zzz...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

I mentioned this in the New Mutants thread.

Why does it seem like everyone that opposes the X-Men have some way to dampen their powers?? Seriously....

Are power dampers THAT EASY to come by these days? Sheesh. X-Men, Marauders, New Mutants, X-Force attacked by power dampers.

Let’s get it together mutants....

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on the data pages. For me, they feel lazy and like the writers can't write properly for the medium.

I'd imagine that the resurrections are something Xavier wants to keep secret for as long as possible. If and when Orchis, Xeno or anyone finds out, they won't need to make a nefarious plan around it. Just release that information to the world and turn the entire world against Krakoa overnight. Even the heroic people in the Marvel world would take issue with Krakoa having an unending clone army. Some might even respond declaring their mutants friends dead and consider the clones to be an affront to their memory. Almost every hero at this point has gone up against evil clones, copies, doppelgangers, robot's with personalities and fighting techniques uploaded into them, etc.
    In a visual medium, Magneto and Xavier’s sword scene should have been on panel.
    One reader's take...

When we are talking about a book that essentially chronicles an "Intelligence" outfit's existence, the sort of pages that are in the book make perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One reader's take...

When we are talking about a book that essentially chronicles an "Intelligence" outfit's existence, the sort of pages that are in the book make perfect sense.
    Except they are literally in every book. But if they were flavored as 'classified documents' or something it would work better

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Except they are literally in every book. But if they were flavored as 'classified documents' or something it would work better
    So literally just semantics to help ease your ego? I swear some of y'all just like to complain.

How dare Percy give us MORE story such a lazy and bad writer.

Im at the point where Im skipping past most of these data pages. This is not what I look for in comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im at the point where Im skipping past most of these data pages. This is not what I look for in comics
    As someone who loves the data pages (some more than others) what do you look for in comics?

I'm a sucker for supplemental informations in my fantasy novels maps and glossaries that help add more depth to a world that's already rich. It's something I've never thought I'd see in an X-Men comic to be honest and I think it really helps highlight the amount of effort that Hickman and writers are putting into this new Krakoa era.

BANNED

With this issue, and due to consistency in all respects, I agree that XF has officially solidified itself as the crème de la crème of DoX. Xavier continues to creep me out a bit, but I love it. Dude is just... off. Black Tom's funny as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    As someone who loves the data pages (some more than others) what do you look for in comics?

I'm a sucker for supplemental informations in my fantasy novels maps and glossaries that help add more depth to a world that's already rich. It's something I've never thought I'd see in an X-Men comic to be honest and I think it really helps highlight the amount of effort that Hickman and writers are putting into this new Krakoa era.
    Comics are a visual media and I love to see things in action. If I wanted to read a regular book, Id do that but thats not what comics have ever been for me. The data pages were perfectly fine in HoX when Hickman was doing worldbuilding and used sparingly they'd be fine but they are excessive here. The sword page should have been drawn and it makes no sense to me why it was reduced to text on a white page.

It seems that the X-Force cast could get bigger. At least the krakoans will have a large variety to rely on mutants with different skill sets and powers for different missions.

Comics are an inherently visual medium. If you can't get your story told properly in that format, you're doing something wrong and need to make changes. Think of it this way, its like if you were reading a book, and you turned the page to find a memory stick with important information you need for parts of your story to make sense.