Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Now that i think about it. Why would people be gathering at all the gates around the world assuming Xavier is dead, if no one knows exactly what happened on Krakoa as all of the assassins died.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on the data pages. For me, they feel lazy and like the writers can't write properly for the medium.
    I think that’s absurd. We’d just have less info. All writers pare down story to fit it in the format. We just miss a lot of info that never sees the page and that we might hear about in interviews if we’re lucky. This way, we just get more.

I meant that more in that there have been villains in the past making clones of heroes to do their bidding. Hell, Sinister had rooms filled with Ben Reilly clones in his base in Wolverines. He even had a clone of Thor fused with Fin Fang Foom called Fin Fang Boom! They might see this set up as Xavier, Magneto and Sinister taking that idea to its logical extreme, and not even seeing many of them as people. "Of course Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean are willing to fight/kill/die for Krakoa, they're clones, and that's how they're programmed to think!" That kind of thinking.

We're probably going to get more clarity on the clone front in I think X-men 8? Which comes out in March, I think. I don't feel like checking the solicits right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I meant that more in that there have been villains in the past making clones of heroes to do their bidding. Hell, Sinister had rooms filled with Ben Reilly clones in his base in Wolverines. He even had a clone of Thor fused with Fin Fang Foom called Fin Fang Boom! They might see this set up as Xavier, Magneto and Sinister taking that idea to its logical extreme, and not even seeing many of them as people. "Of course Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean are willing to fight/kill/die for Krakoa, they're clones, and that's how they're programmed to think!" That kind of thinking.

We're probably going to get more clarity on the clone front in I think X-men 8? Which comes out in March, I think. I don't feel like checking the solicits right now.
    march solicits aren't out yet.

There is a lot of potential on the whole ressurrection proccess and krakoa psychic feeding.
    Seems too easy everyone get along withou tmuch questioning

Solicit X-men #7
    "The Resurrection Protocols have changed everything for Mutantkind. NO MORE can humans' hate and fear take their lives from them. But... what ELSE has it changed? "

makes me think really hard on the possibility of tempering mutants wills and desires
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-11-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I actually love that the data pages contain actual story beats. It’s a great way to pack in more story without sacrificing pace and tone for clunky exposition or scenes that don’t really push the story forward enough to give panel time. Huge fan. I hope they catch on across the medium.
    I agree. I enjoy them immensely for the most part.

Astonishing Member

I actually love that the data pages contain actual story beats. It’s a great way to pack in more story without sacrificing pace and tone for clunky exposition or scenes that don’t really push the story forward enough to give panel time. Huge fan. I hope they catch on across the medium.
    Exactly! As a comic book you really only have a certain number of pages / panels to tell your story using the data painted as a second form of expository writing was probably one of my favorite uses of them since their inclusion in-house of x. Shout out to Percy.

BANNED

There’s a difference between data pages that add worldbuilding and further expound on newly introduced concepts and data pages that feel like deleted scenes and are almost entirely plot summaries/character beats. Sadly, this issue’s data pages fall like the latter category.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There’s a difference between data pages that add worldbuilding and further expound on newly introduced concepts and data pages that feel like deleted scenes and are almost entirely plot summaries/character beats. Sadly, this issue’s data pages fall like the latter category.
    But either way it's more story? Like I get comic books are a visual medium but due to time constraints or other complications not everything is going to make the cut. At least this method allows for a lot more story to be packed into one issue then would have previously have been allowed.

Xavier was assassinated at the end of issue 1, was dead for the entirety of issue 2, and was brought back in the middle of issue 3 and you already have some posters saying that his resurrection took too long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Why sadly? You’re getting more content. The complaints about this are mind-boggling to me. It’s added value and “deleted scenes” we may not see otherwise.

BANNED

Why sadly? You’re getting more content. The complaints about this are mind-boggling to me. It’s added value and “deleted scenes” we may not see otherwise.
    In a visual medium, Magneto and Xavier’s sword scene should have been on panel.

Astonishing Member

I think I can kinda understand it. Xavier is reunions, healers death, and Xavier contemplation probably would've looked really good illustrated.

This reminds me of that one issue of Hickman's F4 (maybe he did it like twice) where he ran out of room for his one-and-done and finished his story with a page of bullet points listing events. Stories are snapshots of worlds, and comics are literally a collection of snapshots forming a story. There is a difference between charts giving information to help you get an idea of the world beyond the snapshot, and charts describing things that should be seen. The latter is bad and not okay. These aren't novels.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This reminds me of that one issue of Hickman's F4 (maybe he did it like twice) where he ran out of room for his one-and-done and finished his story with a page of bullet points listing events. Stories are snapshots of worlds, and comics are literally a collection of snapshots forming a story. There is a difference between charts giving information to help you get an idea of the world beyond the snapshot, and charts describing things that should be seen. The latter is bad and not okay. These aren't novels.
    He did that at the end of each issue of the Four Cities arc, after it was revealed it was Valeria’s notes on her PDA.

Those issues are still the bomb, tho. (Love ya, chart dad.)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Thoroughly enjoyed X-force, so many different events, potential arcs, and character perspectives once again. Also more please of whatever Percy's doing with Beast and Jean