Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Comics are an inherently visual medium. If you can't get your story told properly in that format, you're doing something wrong and need to make changes. Think of it this way, its like if you were reading a book, and you turned the page to find a memory stick with important information you need for parts of your story to make sense.
    Politely, this is a pretty depressing view of what visual art can and should be.

Should Dave McKean had to have "Made Changes..." to his art in Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On A Serious Earth? Should James O'Barr have to go back and rework The Crow?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Comics are an inherently visual medium. If you can't get your story told properly in that format, you're doing something wrong and need to make changes. Think of it this way, its like if you were reading a book, and you turned the page to find a memory stick with important information you need for parts of your story to make sense.
    What's a memory stick?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

USB drive? That's a workable analogy, but utterly disregard-able considering the prevailing sentiment.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Fantastic Member

This is the best book in DOX. Its a great successor to HOX/POX and it seems like this should be the flagship Xmen book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    This is the best book in DOX. Its a great successor to HOX/POX and it seems like this should be the flagship Xmen book.
    Agreed. The top book by a growing margin.

I’m of two minds when it comes to the data pages. On one hand, I would’ve loved to actually see this all get drawn. Magneto and Xavier’s reunion, the sword scene, fifth assassin’s death etc etc would’ve been visually great to see. On the other hand, this is all free information we’ve been given. Remove it and you aren’t missing anything that Percy is trying to tell in the story. All in all, it doesn’t matter if you see the assassin blow up and kill Healer or Xavier and Magneto having another homoerotic stare-off but now that we know it happened, we want to see it. It’s a lose/lose situation unless we’re actually provided with some sort of chart or set-up that builds on the world without actually giving us story beats that could’ve been included in the story (with the obvious exclusion of other story elements to make room).

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    No doubt. Granted for me Marauders is right there with Excalibur starting to show some promise but Xforce is definitely killing it right now. Marvel should put everything behind this series and let it be the flagship title.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm so happy that Jean is on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m of two minds when it comes to the data pages. On one hand, I would’ve loved to actually see this all get drawn. Magneto and Xavier’s reunion, the sword scene, fifth assassin’s death etc etc would’ve been visually great to see. On the other hand, this is all free information we’ve been given. Remove it and you aren’t missing anything that Percy is trying to tell in the story. All in all, it doesn’t matter if you see the assassin blow up and kill Healer or Xavier and Magneto having another homoerotic stare-off but now that we know it happened, we want to see it. It’s a lose/lose situation unless we’re actually provided with some sort of chart or set-up that builds on the world without actually giving us story beats that could’ve been included in the story (with the obvious exclusion of other story elements to make room).
    I use to love the data panels when they were first out during HOX/POX. Since then though they’ve really begun to drain me. I would just prefer for the writer and artist to convey everything through panels. I think the data pages can sometimes be used as a crutch.

BANNED

… fifth assassin’s death etc etc would’ve been visually great to see. ...
    Haven't read all of the comments yet, but have any sound guesses as to who the... uh, mercy killer was, been made? The arm/hand that suffocated him didn't seem all that distinguishable, but still, who might've had the most motive and/or opportunity?

I think the perfect compromise that would make everyone happy is to have Percy read the events of the data page as Youtube ASMR.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    … Also, it looks like Colossus was really messed up from his mission. That was definitely his hand smothering the assassin. ...
    Got my answer from the very first page. Agreed, and thank you. A VERY interesting development for the big Russian, indeed.

Oops I accidentally ’Devil’s Advocated’ when I didn’t mean to. I’m still team “use charts for world building, not as extra scenes you didn’t get to draw lest we pay an extra buck for it”

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I use to love the data panels when they were first out during HOX/POX. Since then though they’ve really begun to drain me. I would just prefer for the writer and artist to convey everything through panels. I think the data pages can sometimes be used as a crutch.
    I somewhat agree. I don’t think the data pages are taking anything away, but I think there’s a possibility for it to be used to expand the world without any follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Haven't read all of the comments yet, but have any sound guesses as to who the... uh, mercy killer was, been made? The arm/hand that suffocated him didn't seem all that distinguishable, but still, who might've had the most motive and/or opportunity?
    I think the consensus may be Colossus if something happened to him during his time in Russia. If it’s a curveball, then Inreally wouldn’t know who else it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I think the perfect compromise that would make everyone happy is to have Percy read the events of the data page as Youtube ASMR.
    Regular Youtube? Not even Youtube Red?? A gracious king.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

That wasn't Colossus killing the assassin. Unless Colossus is black now? I remember when everyone was so sure Kate was Malice. Always with the extreme possibilities.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."